Anti Muslim Hysteria in the School. Parents Prefer Ignorance to Learning

Facts, not your bigoted hatred of it.
What facts are there to religion?
When and where it started, who started it, basic principles, most believe in gods/god, how they worship, traditions that come along with it, the history of religion.. geez, there's just so much.. its like one could teach a whole subject on it!
They don't need to know that fucking bullshit. Do you think they also should learn how to pull a rabbit out of a hat?
Religion cant be taught without bias. When they speak of who started islam, do you think they speak of the bigotry, intolerance, perversion and hatred? Or just good things like god loves you, so smile?

You just keep posting ignorance and hatred, like a typical democrat.
See, that's what has me confused. TN is posting like a typical republican......

No he is not. Precisely the opposite.

Hysteria strikes deep in the heart of New Jersey. Supposedly this is a liberal and enlightened state, but even here, the Anti-Muslim bigotry and propaganda has taken hold, largely due to the frenzy that has been wiped up by ( I refuse to say President) Trump and the complicacy of Fox News.
Islamic indoctrination in Chatham! A Fox News fantasy | Editorial

Selected excerpts:

Most Americans know little to nothing about Islam, polls have found, yet have a negative view of the faith. Most don't know any Muslims personally, and say they aren't interested, or don't know whether they want to learn more about the world's second-largest religion.
This is the challenge facing U.S. educators. And as if that weren't bad enough, among this happily ignorant population are some tin foil hats who actually believe their children are being indoctrinated into Islam, by our public schools. And Fox News is happy to put them on air, completely uncontested.

Two mothers from the New Jersey suburb of Chatham, Libby Hilsenrath and Nancy Gayer, recently went on Tucker Carlson's Fox show to complain that a simple cartoon that teaches about Islam is indoctrinating their 7th graders, in a story feverishly embraced by conservative media.
And what is behind this??

Reasons they are appalled: The cartoon teaches the five pillars of the faith: "The first pillar means to believe in God. And he is the only God. And the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him is his messenger." It ends with a kid accompanying his Muslim friend to watch him pray. And as homework, students had to fill in the blanks about Islamic beliefs: "There is no god but BLANK and BLANK is his messenger."

Other conservative outlets also ran wild with it, falsely claiming that Christianity is banned from being taught in Chatham schools.

The fact is that....

State law requires all major world religions to be taught by the eighth grade, from Christianity to Sikhism, as teaching staff later explained exhaustively at a packed school board meeting.

Children are not being indoctrinated! They are being taught about a religion. People need to have this knowledge in this modern, mobile and diverse world to overcome fear and ignorance.
One parent alleges that her some was not allowed to present information on his Christian beliefs because it was considered proselytizing." At the same time, she considers the instruction on Islam to be proselytizing."

Chatham Parents Question Emphasis on Islam in 7th Grade 'World Cultures and Geography" Class

However, there is no corroborating information to support the claim that Islam is being promoted of Christianity or given favorable treatment, except. But that does not stop the right wing media from making that claim:

The Chatham story has been extensively covered in conservative media like Breitbart, the far-right World Net Daily, and most prominently on Fox News. But it is has received little coverage in the mainstream press. The coverage on conservative outlets includes false allegations like Christianity is banned from being taught, and it often does not include comment from the district officials themselves.

Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Schools Spread to New Jersey - NJ Spotlight

This has got to stop. The children are being caught up in the web of fear and ignorance, and being used as pawns in the war on Islam. The parents are afraid that they will develop an interest in another religion and -god forbid they want to purse it- it would be the end of the world and that is just as stupid as stupid gets.

Oh my Allah, you mean that you Marxists can't indoctrinate children with Islam as part of the public school curriculum, effectively establishing Islam as the official religion?

Well dayum, how will you ever end the culture of the hated white Christians if you can't pervert their children?

Tough times for you Stalinist thugs...

When and where it started, who started it, basic principles, most believe in gods/god, how they worship, traditions that come along with it, the history of religion.. geez, there's just so much.. its like one could teach a whole subject on it!
They don't need to know that fucking bullshit. Do you think they also should learn how to pull a rabbit out of a hat?
Religion cant be taught without bias. When they speak of who started islam, do you think they speak of the bigotry, intolerance, perversion and hatred? Or just good things like god loves you, so smile?
I think they do need to know about other cultures. Rabbit out of a hat is magic, I understand the reference but you and I both know, whether it is right or wrong, religions play a huge role in people's cultural makeup. Religions should be taught without biased, and on an age appropriate level. In college kids should certainly learn the downfalls of religion, it's negative effects, its misinterpretations, its bigotry and violence.
I think they do need to know about other cultures.
Well, sure. At a certain age. If they want to learn about that shit, go to college. Public school should be basic. Math, English, History, literacy and skills. If they want to teach about religious history, fine. But that would pretty much only include violence unless you indoctrinate them with beliefs and faith. THATS what I am against.

It is taught in History, genius. What you seem to want is your own brand of prejudice and hate in the curriculum, and you are shit out of luck on that one.
I agree as someone who has a history degree, studying religion is vital to understanding different cultures and societies.

Facts, not your bigoted hatred of it.

ignorance and hatred? Because I don't agree with indoctrination .....

You most certainly do agree with indoctrination. You just want your own bigoted views to be the content. Hypocrite. You are also ignorant of what is taught, and how, and why. That clear it up for you?

See, that's what has me confused. TN is posting like a typical republican and Unkotare keeps calling him a dem or lib lol. Unkotare, add to the convo or stop posting. You are adding nothing. You are actually taking away from the conversation.
typical republicans don't want religion in schools? Lol
typical republicans hate islam because they never took the time to learn about it. ....

Wrong. That is merely your mindlessly partisan stereotype.

Hysteria strikes deep in the heart of New Jersey. Supposedly this is a liberal and enlightened state, but even here, the Anti-Muslim bigotry and propaganda has taken hold, largely due to the frenzy that has been wiped up by ( I refuse to say President) Trump and the complicacy of Fox News.

Selected excerpts:

Most Americans know little to nothing about Islam, polls have found, yet have a negative view of the faith. Most don't know any Muslims personally, and say they aren't interested, or don't know whether they want to learn more about the world's second-largest religion.
This is the challenge facing U.S. educators. And as if that weren't bad enough, among this happily ignorant population are some tin foil hats who actually believe their children are being indoctrinated into Islam, by our public schools. And Fox News is happy to put them on air, completely uncontested.

Two mothers from the New Jersey suburb of Chatham, Libby Hilsenrath and Nancy Gayer, recently went on Tucker Carlson's Fox show to complain that a simple cartoon that teaches about Islam is indoctrinating their 7th graders, in a story feverishly embraced by conservative media.

Reasons they are appalled: The cartoon teaches the five pillars of the faith: "The first pillar means to believe in God. And he is the only God. And the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him is his messenger." It ends with a kid accompanying his Muslim friend to watch him pray. And as homework, students had to fill in the blanks about Islamic beliefs: "There is no god but BLANK and BLANK is his messenger."

Other conservative outlets also ran wild with it, falsely claiming that Christianity is banned from being taught in Chatham schools.

The fact is that....

State law requires all major world religions to be taught by the eighth grade, from Christianity to Sikhism, as teaching staff later explained exhaustively at a packed school board meeting.

Children are not being indoctrinated! They are being taught about a religion. People need to have this knowledge in this modern, mobile and diverse world to overcome fear and ignorance.
One parent alleges that her some was not allowed to present information on his Christian beliefs because it was considered proselytizing." At the same time, she considers the instruction on Islam to be proselytizing."

Chatham Parents Question Emphasis on Islam in 7th Grade 'World Cultures and Geography" Class

However, there is no corroborating information to support the claim that Islam is being promoted of Christianity or given favorable treatment, except. But that does not stop the right wing media from making that claim:

The Chatham story has been extensively covered in conservative media like Breitbart, the far-right World Net Daily, and most prominently on Fox News. But it is has received little coverage in the mainstream press. The coverage on conservative outlets includes false allegations like Christianity is banned from being taught, and it often does not include comment from the district officials themselves.

Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Schools Spread to New Jersey - NJ Spotlight

This has got to stop. The children are being caught up in the web of fear and ignorance, and being used as pawns in the war on Islam. The parents are afraid that they will develop an interest in another religion and -god forbid they want to purse it- it would be the end of the world and that is just as stupid as stupid gets.

Oh my Allah, you mean that you Marxists can't indoctrinate children with Islam as part of the public school curriculum, effectively establishing Islam as the official religion?

Well dayum, how will you ever end the culture of the hated white Christians if you can't pervert their children?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I think they do need to know about other cultures. Rabbit out of a hat is magic, I understand the reference but you and I both know, whether it is right or wrong, religions play a huge role in people's cultural makeup. Religions should be taught without biased, and on an age appropriate level. In college kids should certainly learn the downfalls of religion, it's negative effects, its misinterpretations, its bigotry and violence.
Well, sure. At a certain age. If they want to learn about that shit, go to college. Public school should be basic. Math, English, History, literacy and skills. If they want to teach about religious history, fine. But that would pretty much only include violence unless you indoctrinate them with beliefs and faith. THATS what I am against.

It is taught in History, genius. What you seem to want is your own brand of prejudice and hate in the curriculum, and you are shit out of luck on that one.
By wanting religion out of school curriculum? LOL ok

See, that's what has me confused. TN is posting like a typical republican and Unkotare keeps calling him a dem or lib lol. Unkotare, add to the convo or stop posting. You are adding nothing. You are actually taking away from the conversation.
typical republicans hate islam because they never took the time to learn about it. ....

No. The republican party has made islamophobia, racial tensions, and the fear of cultural diversity apart of their official platform with the election of tRump.

You most certainly do agree with indoctrination. You just want your own bigoted views to be the content. Hypocrite. You are also ignorant of what is taught, and how, and why. That clear it up for you?
Math, history, English and skill sets are indoctrination? LOL ok

Keeping religion out of education will breed fear and ignorance in younger generations. That is my belief. Like I said, studying religion is vital in understanding other cultures. Religion is part of our global history, a huge part. I don't think public schools should teach religion classes like catholic schools do.

I agree as someone who has a history degree, studying religion is vital to understanding different cultures and societies.

Of course.

No. The republican party has made islamophobia, racial tensions, and the fear of cultural diversity apart of their official platform .....

Wrong again. You are just parroting partisan hysteria.

Math, history, English and skill sets are indoctrination? LOL ok

You want students to be indoctrinated in your own prejudice and hatred, hypocrite.

No. The republican party has made islamophobia, racial tensions, and the fear of cultural diversity apart of their official platform .....

Wrong again. You are just parroting partisan hysteria.
If you can refute my claims do so, you repeating the same opinion does nothing for conversation.

Keeping religion out of education will breed fear and ignorance in younger generations. That is my belief. Like I said, studying religion is vital in understanding other cultures. Religion is part of our global history, a huge part. I don't think public schools should teach religion classes like catholic schools do.

Even catholic schools don't force anyone to be catholic.

Even catholic schools don't force anyone to be catholic.
No. But they do have religion class, and masses during the school day. That is inappropriate for public school. Public schools should only be incorporating religion as a historical learning point. It should also not favor religions but go over the basic principles of all major religions.

Selected excerpts:

The fact is that....

So, public school children should be subjected to proselytizing by teachers?

Basic rule of the left: "Religion shall NEVER be mentioned on government ground - unless it is Islam, then we will treasure it."

[
No. The republican party has made islamophobia, racial tensions, and the fear of cultural diversity apart of their official platform with the election of tRump.

So then it would be fair to say that the Soros socialist democratic party has made the acts in Chechnya part of their official platform with the election of Obama.

Soros democrats have never met a Christian they don't hate, or a Muslim they don't love.

Selected excerpts:

The fact is that....

So, public school children should be subjected to proselytizing by teachers?

Basic rule of the left: "Religion shall NEVER be mentioned on government ground - unless it is Islam, then we will treasure it."
I think that the only use for religion in public schools is through a historical lens that helps to gain understanding into a specific culture or society. No religion classes. No favoring one religion over another. Review the basics of major religions, for cultural understanding.

Forum List

Back