Anti-Politically Correct Sign in Houston Restaurant: Yay or Nay?

What is your response to the Anti-PC Sign?

• Yay - Positive: I like more than dislike

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Nay - Negative: I dislike more than I like

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Neutral - It doesn't invoke a response either way, positive or negative

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting I am the only nay vote. Why is it PC to be tolerant of another's beliefs or lack of? Thought we were tolerant Americans who prided ourselves on what we do rather than symbolic, rather meaningless sentiment. Someone forgot to add teachers to the list too. Reminds me of the Nun's admonition, 'empty barrels make the most noise,' easy to post slogans, harder to show tolerance and empathy.

Because PC is NOT tolerant at all. If one wishes to discuss why so many of our Black brothers kill each other then one is a racist; if one wishes to say that motherhood is the highest calling to which any woman can follow then one is misogynist; if one says that immorality is wrong then one is a "Christian Right wing extremist"....and frankly I find it galling that the PC crowd are so inept at putting their position that they shut down thought on the subjects...and please don't get me started on gun control, school curricula etc etc etc.
But if you would like to discuss them honestly then by all means...and that is NOT PC!!!

Greg

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:

You are an idiot. Trust me on that.

What are your educational qualifications exactly?

Bachelors degree.

In what and from where?

You are offended by "Happy Holidays", it would seem.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:

Pardon my interruption... but I'll speak for LL... "aaaahhh... derp, slurp, gurgle burp... I once fucked a chicken."

Interesting I am the only nay vote. Why is it PC to be tolerant of another's beliefs or lack of? Thought we were tolerant Americans who prided ourselves on what we do rather than symbolic, rather meaningless sentiment. Someone forgot to add teachers to the list too. Reminds me of the Nun's admonition, 'empty barrels make the most noise,' easy to post slogans, harder to show tolerance and empathy.
PC is the exact polar opposite of "tolerance".

Yes and it's the Political Correct Liberals who are like this:

View attachment 57640

You left out "Freedom loving" "Australia loving"....lol

Greg

Because PC is NOT tolerant at all. If one wishes to discuss why so many of our Black brothers kill each other then one is a racist; if one wishes to say that motherhood is the highest calling to which any woman can follow then one is misogynist; if one says that immorality is wrong then one is a "Christian Right wing extremist"....and frankly I find it galling that the PC crowd are so inept at putting their position that they shut down thought on the subjects...and please don't get me started on gun control, school curricula etc etc etc.
But if you would like to discuss them honestly then by all means...and that is NOT PC!!!

Greg

Yes you're correct, Political Correctness kills any sort of debate....what's wrong with debate exactly?

Pardon my interruption... but I'll speak for LL... "aaaahhh... derp, slurp, gurgle burp... I once fucked a chicken."

I thought you were going to argue with Lucy about whether or not education equals intelligence. What happened?

PC is the exact polar opposite of "tolerance".

Yes and it's the Politically Correct Liberals who are like this:

View attachment 57640

That's right on the money, and they still don't see it.

Obedient adherence to partisan ideology does that to people.

I thought you were going to argue with Lucy about whether or not education equals intelligence. What happened?
You chimed in... and dumbed it down to a toilet.

What are you babbling on about? You make no sense.

You chimed in.

That's weak. You realized that she was a nutbag and begged off. You are clear like a pane of glass, dummy.

I'm mocking LL... it's fun.

I don't argue and resort to name calling darling. I think it's because I'm from Europa and have more sophisticated manners.

He's trying to impress you, Lucy. He's going to be very upset that you didn't get it.

You chimed in.

That's weak. You realized that she was a nutbag and begged off. You are clear like a pane of glass, dummy.
Oh now... c'mon... mister brainiac... let's have your full force of intelligence... blow us away Einstein...

I don't argue and resort to name calling darling. I think it's because I'm from Europa and have more sophisticated manners.

Of course. You are clearly well mannered. If one considers bragging about their education good manners, that is.

Is the beer in Germany still better than the beer here, or have our microbreweries pretty much caught us up?

I have a brother who lives near London, on a recent trip here he was amazed.

A far more important issue to me than slap fights with the Regressive Left/PC Police liars.

The beer in Germany has always been the best in the world! You're correct beer is highly important, there's something wrong with people who don't appreciate quality beer.

I had a very good local Texas beer in, well Texas, Shiner beer:

View attachment 57637

I worked in Quality Control in a brewery in Oz many years ago. We were constantly trialing German yeasts and methods. I would tend to agree. I have not tried many US beers; we just don't import many here at all. Mind you; I am a lager man and really enjoy a good Pilsner style. I tasted many beers in the UK when I was there; OK but the German beers were outstanding.

Greg

I'm Austrian, however as from Salzburg and Upper Austria, we can share the glory of Bayern beer, as we share so much with them already, they're basically our nearest kin.

Pilsener is Czech in NAME ONLY of course, named after the place Plzeň in Bohemia, which WAS German itself Bohemia, it only became Czech 'um later. Pilsener was of course invented by a German, from Bayern Josef Groll in 1842, I think that's the year he invented it.

I've not been to Austria but would be delighted to do so some day. A chap I met in transit at Heathrow was on his way to the Jazz festival(2006). We met again in Frankfurt when our planes were delayed; it's on my list for when I and my wife visit Europe again.

Greg

Obviously I highly recommend Austria....Salzburg, Vienna - the JEWEL of Europa - and Tirol, especially.

Well hun, this ole American country boy is a full fledged brawler, and I love nothing more than giving progs shit.

See the thing is, they're real good at dishing it out, but they can't handle getting it back.

You chimed in.

Oh now... c'mon... mister brainiac... let's have your full force of intelligence... blow us away Einstein...

Been doing that to you for years now. This, you know.

I just did it.

He's trying to impress you, Lucy. He's going to be very upset that you didn't get it.
What's the matter, skippy, can't you impress anyone?

Forum List

Back