Anti-Politically Correct Sign in Houston Restaurant: Yay or Nay?

What is your response to the Anti-PC Sign?

• Yay - Positive: I like more than dislike

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Nay - Negative: I dislike more than I like

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Neutral - It doesn't invoke a response either way, positive or negative

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, people do not freak out at Merry Christmas.

If the owners really wanted to strike a blow against PC they'd use real politically incorrect phrases. "We will call you ******, ****, faggot! And if you don't like it, leave!

But of course they aren't brave enough for that.

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

You are offended by "Happy Holidays", it would seem.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:
So you want to try and convince me that book learning equates to intelligence?

If the owners really wanted to strike a blow against PC they'd use real politically incorrect phrases. "We will call you ******, ****, faggot! And if you don't like it, leave!

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:
Is the beer in Germany still better than the beer here, or have our microbreweries pretty much caught us up?

I have a brother who lives near London, on a recent trip here he was amazed.

A far more important issue to me than slap fights with the Regressive Left/PC Police liars.

View attachment 57634 Anti-politically correct signs draw attention at popular Houston chain restaurant Berryhill Baja Grill

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
Businesses take a lot of care in catering to customers and clients, avoiding offending them at nearly any cost.

That is why signs posted on each of the five company-owned Berryhill Baja Grill restaurants in the Houston area are getting attention.

The signs read: "Notice. This store is politically incorrect.
We say Merry Christmas. God bless America.
We salute our flag and give thanks to our troops, police officers and firefighters.
If this offends you, you are welcome to leave. In God we trust."

It is signed, Berryhill.

The signs were posted at the direction of Berryhill CEO Jeff Anon. The tipping point for him was the generic red cups used for the holiday season by a well-known coffee establishment. At the time it was described as more inclusive for people of all beliefs.

When Anon's son showed him a picture of similar signs going up at other businesses around the country, he had his own printed.

"I don't think anybody means anything bad or mean when they say Merry Christmas, and I thought somebody had to stand up and say enough of this," he said.

Some signs have disappeared from the restaurants, from customers who were offended. They are quickly replaced.

Anon said there have been some complaints, but "I'd say for every one who thought it wasn't appropriate, probably 10 to 20 who thought it was and supported it."

That's echoed by customers like Randy Massy.

"I guess the political correctness has gone overboard sometimes," he said.

Ditto for Cynthia Bivins. While lunching at the Post Oak location with her friend, the attorney said, "I celebrate Christmas. I salute the flagl I'm an American. It doesn't offend me at all."

Business continues to go well at Anon's restaurants. The company owns five Berryhills in Houston. There are franchises as well. Anon says those are not included on the sign list, and doesn't know if any franchise-holders have asked to display them.

=============

What is your response to the Sign: Yay Nay or Neutral?

Of course I voted Yay, being anti-politically correct myself.

What on earth is happening, when these perfectly normal sayings and comments are considered in any way offensive?

"Notice. This store is politically incorrect.
We say Merry Christmas. God bless America.
We salute our flag and give thanks to our troops, police officers and firefighters.
If this offends you, you are welcome to leave. In God we trust."

I mean, something is seriously wrong with a person if they're offended by any of these things. The whole political correctness craziness has totally got out of hand now, and is in fact bordering on total insanity.

To those who are offended by suck a sign; pissoff!!

Greg

Is the beer in Germany still better than the beer here, or have our microbreweries pretty much caught us up?

A far more important issue to me than slap fights with the Regressive Left/PC Police liars.
All I care about is which beer makes you piss more...

Gotta take 'em off at the knees... know what I mean, Mac... :lol:
What cracks me up is that I have a few members of the PC Police/Regressive Left on ignore, but I can still tell when they're polluting a thread with catty comments, personal insults and name-calling. It's pretty funny when all I'm seeing is the responses to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Nothing is more important to you than your strawman war on PC.

None of those things offend anyone.

Some people freak at *gasp* Merry Christmas, I mean, seriously those people need to get help.

Depends!! I trust you use them during sleep time!!

Greg

The beer in Germany has always been the best in the world! You're correct beer is highly important, there's something wrong with people who don't appreciate quality beer.

I had a very good local Texas beer in, well Texas, Shiner beer:

shiner_premium_6packs-470x435.jpg

What cracks me up is that I have a few members of the PC Police/Regressive Left on ignore, but I can still tell when they're polluting a thread with catty comments, personal insults and name-calling. It's pretty funny when all I'm seeing is the responses to them.
I can only handle a few hours here every couple of weeks. The progs are enough to make me wanna vomit. I don't take them seriously... I just come here give them a taste of their own medicine once and awhile, and they hate that... which gives me pleasure.

I can only handle a few hours here every couple of weeks. The progs are enough to make me wanna vomit. I don't take them seriously... I just come here give them a taste of their own medicine once and awhile, and they hate that... which gives me pleasure.
Just try to remember they're the wingers. They don't represent everyone who leans left. There's plenty of honest, decent real liberals out there.

Nothing is more important to you than your strawman war on PC.

Why the Lighthorse slouch hat; you a warrior wannabe or something?

Greg

Last edited:

The beer in Germany has always been the best in the world! You're correct beer is highly important, there's something wrong with people who don't appreciate quality beer.

I had a very good local Texas beer in, well Texas, Shiner beer:

View attachment 57637
Anybody that says they like COLD beer is not a true beer drinker. I like my beer luke warm is it's served in Germany. I was in Bamberg, Germany recently and wanted to bring a German distillery home with me. They know how to make beer.

Just try to remember they're the wingers. They don't represent everyone who leans left. There's plenty of honest, decent real liberals out there.
True... I have faithful democrat friends that have voted D all their lives, and they are now vehemently supporting Trump. They feel completely betrayed by obama and the left. But, we are talking old school dems.

You are an idiot. Trust me on that.

I believe she does.

It would be easy to disagree with that as it really does depend what books one reads. It also depends on the openness of the mind reading them. All books have a bias; one must be intelligent to see that and judge the literature accordingly. I have read many books including Mein Kampf, Mao's Little Red Book, books by Marx and his apologist etc etc...much of the Revolutionary Genre of the ages..all of which leads me to a very good understanding of the mind of the liberal. Very disgusting minds at that.

Greg

True... I have faithful democrat friends that have voted D all their lives, and they are now vehemently supporting Trump. They feel completely betrayed by obama and the left. But, we are talking old school dems.
Yep. Proud, long time Democrat (and hottie) Kirsten Powers (the lady author in my sig) calls these people the "Illiberal Left", and that's very appropriate.

And I got "Regressive Left" from another proud, long time Democrat, Bill Maher.

They're out there, they're just currently being out-screamed by the nasties.

You are an idiot. Trust me on that.

I don't.

Greg

Forum List

Back