Anti-Politically Correct Sign in Houston Restaurant: Yay or Nay?

What is your response to the Anti-PC Sign?

• Yay - Positive: I like more than dislike

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Nay - Negative: I dislike more than I like

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Neutral - It doesn't invoke a response either way, positive or negative

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are offended by "Happy Holidays", it would seem.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:
So you want to try and convince me that book learning equates to intelligence?

I believe she does.
OK... so she's smarter than you... OK, I knew that already.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I've never noticed you until today. You are a fairly unintelligent person, I see. You'll fit right in.

Yes, I'm so unintelligent that I've got a History and Politics degree from Balliol College, Oxford University and I did a year at Heidelberg University in Germany....two of the world's leading and most difficult to get into Universities.

So....you want to talk about intelligence vs unintelligence....go for it :popcorn:
So you want to try and convince me that book learning equates to intelligence?

I believe she does.

Then you are wrong.

Greg

Gotta take 'em off at the knees... know what I mean, Mac... :lol:
What cracks me up is that I have a few members of the PC Police/Regressive Left on ignore, but I can still tell when they're polluting a thread with catty comments, personal insults and name-calling. It's pretty funny when all I'm seeing is the responses to them.
I can only handle a few hours here every couple of weeks. The progs are enough to make me wanna vomit. I don't take them seriously... I just come here give them a taste of their own medicine once and awhile, and they hate that... which gives me pleasure.
Just try to remember they're the wingers. They don't represent everyone who leans left. There's plenty of honest, decent real liberals out there.
True... I have faithful democrat friends that have voted D all their lives, and they are now vehemently supporting Trump. They feel completely betrayed by obama and the left. But, we are talking old school dems.
Yep. Proud, long time Democrat (and hottie) Kirsten Powers (the lady author in my sig) calls these people the "Illiberal Left", and that's very appropriate.

And I got "Regressive Left" from another proud, long time Democrat, Bill Maher.

They're out there, they're just currently being out-screamed by the nasties.
That "screaming" is coming under ever growing scrutiny, Mac. People are sick of it. It's reached fever pitch and it's ridiculous. Most normal people see that, as you do, and it's taking hold.

What cracks me up is that I have a few members of the PC Police/Regressive Left on ignore, but I can still tell when they're polluting a thread with catty comments, personal insults and name-calling. It's pretty funny when all I'm seeing is the responses to them.
I can only handle a few hours here every couple of weeks. The progs are enough to make me wanna vomit. I don't take them seriously... I just come here give them a taste of their own medicine once and awhile, and they hate that... which gives me pleasure.
Just try to remember they're the wingers. They don't represent everyone who leans left. There's plenty of honest, decent real liberals out there.
True... I have faithful democrat friends that have voted D all their lives, and they are now vehemently supporting Trump. They feel completely betrayed by obama and the left. But, we are talking old school dems.
Yep. Proud, long time Democrat (and hottie) Kirsten Powers (the lady author in my sig) calls these people the "Illiberal Left", and that's very appropriate.

That "screaming" is coming under ever growing scrutiny, Mac. People are sick of it. It's reached fever pitch and it's ridiculous. Most normal people see that, as you do, and it's taking hold.
Slowly but surely.

And you provide me with a delightful excuse to post my ever-growing list of liberals who are admitting it:

Is the beer in Germany still better than the beer here, or have our microbreweries pretty much caught us up?

I have a brother who lives near London, on a recent trip here he was amazed.

A far more important issue to me than slap fights with the Regressive Left/PC Police liars.

The beer in Germany has always been the best in the world! You're correct beer is highly important, there's something wrong with people who don't appreciate quality beer.

I had a very good local Texas beer in, well Texas, Shiner beer:

View attachment 57637

I worked in Quality Control in a brewery in Oz many years ago. We were constantly trialing German yeasts and methods. I would tend to agree. I have not tried many US beers; we just don't import many here at all. Mind you; I am a lager man and really enjoy a good Pilsner style. I tasted many beers in the UK when I was there; OK but the German beers were outstanding.

Greg

Slowly but surely.

And you provide me with a delightful excuse to post my ever-growing list of liberals who are admitting it:
I always knew you were a sensible guy.

Is the beer in Germany still better than the beer here, or have our microbreweries pretty much caught us up?

A far more important issue to me than slap fights with the Regressive Left/PC Police liars.

The beer in Germany has always been the best in the world! You're correct beer is highly important, there's something wrong with people who don't appreciate quality beer.

View attachment 57637
Anybody that says they like COLD beer is not a true beer drinker. I like my beer luke warm is it's served in Germany. I was in Bamberg, Germany recently and wanted to bring a German distillery home with me. They know how to make beer.

Have you had Weihenstephaner, it's made in Freising at Brauerei Weihenstephan in Kloster Weihenstephan and has been continuously since 1040, it's the world's oldest continuous working brewery....monks you know.

oldest-brewery.jpg

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

You are an idiot. Trust me on that.

I need no one to tell me that you are indeed a shitferbrains nitwit!!

Greg

View attachment 57637
Anybody that says they like COLD beer is not a true beer drinker. I like my beer luke warm is it's served in Germany. I was in Bamberg, Germany recently and wanted to bring a German distillery home with me. They know how to make beer.

Have you had Weihenstephaner, it's made in Freising at Brauerei Weihenstephan in Kloster Weihenstephan and has been continuously since 1040, it's the world's oldest continuous working brewery....monks you know.

View attachment 57639
I haven't... but thank you... I'll see if I can find that... yum.

View attachment 57637

View attachment 57639
Just checked the website for the liquor store I, uh, frequent. They have these!

:rock:

Interesting I am the only nay vote. Why is it PC to be tolerant of another's beliefs or lack of? Thought we were tolerant Americans who prided ourselves on what we do rather than symbolic, rather meaningless sentiment. Someone forgot to add teachers to the list too. Reminds me of the Nun's admonition, 'empty barrels make the most noise,' easy to post slogans, harder to show tolerance and empathy.

View attachment 57637

I worked in Quality Control in a brewery in Oz many years ago. We were constantly trialing German yeasts and methods. I would tend to agree. I have not tried many US beers; we just don't import many here at all. Mind you; I am a lager man and really enjoy a good Pilsner style. I tasted many beers in the UK when I was there; OK but the German beers were outstanding.

Greg

I'm Austrian, however as from Salzburg and Upper Austria, we can share the glory of Bayern beer, as we share so much with them already, they're basically our nearest kin.

Pilsener is Czech in NAME ONLY of course, named after the place Plzeň in Bohemia, which WAS German itself Bohemia, it only became Czech 'um later. Pilsener was of course invented by a German, from Bayern Josef Groll in 1842, I think that's the year he invented it.

View attachment 57637

View attachment 57639

Yes: went to a snow thingy where we had an indoor bar-b-que and it was available. Very nice drop indeed.

Guppies Bar

Greg

Interesting I am the only nay vote. Why is it PC to be tolerant of another's beliefs or lack of? Thought we were tolerant Americans who prided ourselves on what we do rather than symbolic, rather meaningless sentiment. Someone forgot to add teachers to the list too. Reminds me of the Nun's admonition, 'empty barrels make the most noise,' easy to post slogans, harder to show tolerance and empathy.
PC is the exact polar opposite of "tolerance".

View attachment 57637

View attachment 57639
Just checked the website for the liquor store I, uh, frequent. They have these!

:rock:

Listen to me now....it's going to be cheaper in the long-run to just buy your local liquor store, you're going to get seriously addicted to the Weihenstephaner....:wink:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

View attachment 57637

Greg

I'm Austrian, however as from Salzburg and Upper Austria, we can share the glory of Bayern beer, as we share so much with them already, they're basically our nearest kin.

Pilsener is Czech in NAME ONLY of course, named after the place Plzeň in Bohemia, which WAS German itself Bohemia, it only became Czech 'um later. Pilsener was of course invented by a German, from Bayern Josef Groll in 1842, I think that's the year he invented it.

I've not been to Austria but would be delighted to do so some day. A chap I met in transit at Heathrow was on his way to the Jazz festival(2006). We met again in Frankfurt when our planes were delayed; it's on my list for when I and my wife visit Europe again.

Greg

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

What are your educational qualifications exactly?

What are your educational qualifications exactly?

Bachelors degree from a fairly "easy to get into" university.

PC is the exact polar opposite of "tolerance".

Yes and it's the Politically Correct Liberals who are like this:

tolerant-liberal-600x624.jpg

Greg

I sold beer for a few years.

Beers in Germany and Belgium are absolutely outstanding.

There are a lot of very good brew pubs here in America but I think Americans put preservatives in their beers that alters the taste.

Forum List

Back