Antisemitism is growing on American campuses

Criticizing Israel’s policies isn’t the same as “supporting the enemy”. I would think very few think Israel Should be canceled.
When they march side by side with BDS supporters who are yelling “get out Jews,” yes,,,,they are siding with antisemites. Antisemites are our enemy.

The alternative of what you are saying seems to be that Jews should just say Israel is perfect at all times.

Would it not be understandable that those who are willing to criticize Israel are given consideration, over those who will not do it for purely puritanical reasons?

Why is this so taboo? Why is it even a discussion that Jews who sometimes criticize Israel should themselves be scrutinized for purity or loyalty issues?

Should we apply that standard to YOU, re: The United States? Would you pass this purity test? I doubt you would.

Why the double standard? Easy answer: because Israel is a "Jewish State". The United States is just a state.

Criticizing the US cannot be easily conflated with criticizing the entire Jewish "race", or any and all "Zionism", or any race or religion at all.

Frankly, that is one of the beautiful results of the Great Expiriment.
I’m not the one putting the conditions on people. I was pointing out that the rise of anti semetism on campuses is a reflection of people doing just that.

Yes. I have been told that you cannot be Republican and Jewish. I have also been told nyna liberal Jew that she’d rather have ALL Republican Jews driven out of the synagogue, even if it means a smaller congregation.

Don’t kid yourself. I have found Jewish Democrats more intolerant of different opinions than Democrats in general. I have told before on this forum how a liberal Jew approached me at the lunch following my father’s funeral - his FUNERAL! - and started beating me for voting for Trump.
Kind of sounds like Republican Jews are intolerant of Democrat Jews and Democrat Jews are intolerant of Republican Jews. It is a shame to deny one’s very identity based on their position on Israel’s policies.

Kind of sounds like Republican Jews are intolerant of Democrat Jews and Democrat Jews are intolerant of Republican Jews. It is a shame to deny one’s very identity based on their position on Israel’s policies.
It’s hard to tolerate Jews who march alongside BDS supporters as they spew their hate toward Jews.

I’m not the one putting the conditions on people. I was pointing out that the rise of anti semetism on campuses is a reflection of people doing just that.
"The rise"

Pfft.... an overstatement and mischaracterization of criticism of Israel from staunch, secular humanists. None are generally suggesting Jews be isolated or ostracized. That just is not happening. But that is the myth the article aims to propagate.

"The rise"

Pfft.... an overstatement and mischaracterization of criticism of Israel from staunch, secular humanists. None are generally suggesting Jews be isolated or ostracized. That just is not happening. But that is the myth the article aims to propagate.
Opinions vary.

Opinions vary.
Indeed. And frankly, the human condition in the occupied territories is disgraceful. Yes, we can blame foreign predators like Iran for that. For sure. But we can also criticize Israel for handling it so hamhandedly.

But we also understand why Israel is boxed in. They have a enemy at their gates who will shoot missiles int neighborhoods. From neighborhoods. What would any of us expect from our government, if these were OUR neighborhoods?

But this current state of affairs-- yes, I will say it, an essential "Apartheid" position of separate and not equal -- is not desirable or sustainable.

Can we agree on that?

"The rise"

Found in New Haven, CT:

Yale-antisemitic-sign.jpg

Found at Oberlin College:

Oberlin-Poster-Anti-Israel.jpg

A by-no-means-exhaustive list of campus anti-Semitism here.

Are these your "staunch, secular humanists"?

And we should be appalled by the human rights abuses in Muslim countries, or in any country. That includes the abuses against Muslims, in places like China and Myanmar.

Sure, just like you left wingers have always protested against not only that stuff but against the human rights abuses of Christians, the harvesting of organs from political prisoners, child labor, etc.

Oh, wait, that never happens; your ilk never does squat about any of that except make excuses.

AS for the Muslims in Myanmar, the Buddhists know full well what happens when Muslims decide to take over; they have the examples of Muslims in Bangladesh and their mass murders of Hindus and Christians going on concurrently now for a lesson in the 'religion of peace' and it's agenda. Driving them out and back to where they came from is just self-defense and common sense. Muslim history never points to 'peace', it points to killing everybody and robbing them, 100% of the time.

"Since 2013, Bangladesh has experienced a series of violent attacks by extremists. The victims have included besides atheists, secular bloggers, liberals and foreigners -- many Buddhists, Christians and Hindus as well as Ahmadis and Shia Muslims." — Minority Rights Group International.

"A new school of Islam from Saudi Arabia is transforming South Asia's religious landscape. Wahhabism, a fundamental Sunni school of Islam originating in Saudi Arabia, entered South Asia in the late 1970s. With public and private Saudi funding, Wahhabism has steadily gained influence among Muslim communities throughout the region. As a result, the nature of South Asian Islam has significantly changed in the last three decades. The result has been an increase in Islamist violence in Pakistan, Indian Kashmir, and Bangladesh." — Georgetown Security Studies Review, 2014.

... and more. Of course, no Muslim nation has ever criticized the Red Chinese for anything, and in fact Iran loves them some Red China. Muslims and their deviant fans sniveling about the Muggers is like Stalinists sniveling about Maoists.

Last edited:
How so? Because nobody ever brings up the treatment of the Muslims in Myanmar. (You are the first.) Most don’t even know what‘s going in there.…which is MUCH worse than what is happening in Israel...
because it gets no coverage. Yet, we still have all these antisemites railing about about how the Jews are treating the Palestinians. Never a word about Myanmar. That’s because their outrage over the Muslims comes to the forefront only when there are those pesky Jooos involved.

Or that we realize we as Americans have some culpability in what the Zionist Entity is doing to the Palestinians. We aren't subsidizing Myanmar. We don't have a Burmese equivlent to AIPAC lobbying or government. You are never going to see shit like this...

1640688567187.png

With Myanmar's Generals.

IOW, why aren’t the BDS students demanding a boycott of Myanmar? Why just Israel? Because their outrage is driven by their Jew-hatred.

Or that the entire world has been sanctioning Myanamar for years.

Yup. How come we never hear about the following:

Oh, I don't know, CONTEXT. Yes, Egypt expelled it's Jewish population in 1957, even though Jews had lived in Egypt since ancient times. Why? Oh, did you forget about the 1956 Suez Crisis, where the Zionist Entity teamed up with France and the UK to try to illegally seize the Suez Canal from Egypt. The situation was so serious Eisenhower had to team up with the USSR to put a stop to it. (This was before the Zionists completely subverted our government.)

I had to put Hitler on ignore.

Given the ass-kicking you were taking, I can get that. Did I make you cry?

Forum List

Back