Anxiety grows as China’s Three Gorges dam hits highest level

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Extreme floods have hit China’s Three Gorges dam, which recorded the largest inflow of water in its history, prompting officials to assure the public it would not be breached.

Inflows to the world’s largest hydro-electric dam reached 75m litres of water a second, according to state media. By Thursday morning, 11 outlets of the dam had been opened to discharge 49.2m litres of water a second, the largest release since its construction.

After two months of heavy floods across central and south-west China, officials have promised the dam can withstand the flows.

A breach of the dam, a controversial and unprecedented feat of engineering along the Yangtze River, would be embarrassing for China, which took 12 years to build the megaproject, displacing millions and submerging swathes of land.

The Three Gorges dam, which can handle inflows of about 98.8m litres a second, is already approaching its capacity. Officials expect water levels in the reservoir, whose dam was built to withstand a water level of 175 metres, to reach 165.5 metres on Saturday. The flooding is predicted to last about five days.

Locust invasion warning: China on the brink of ‘disaster’ – officials on alert

Local officials confirmed up to 26 square miles of fields have already been destroyed.
The Pu'er forestry authority fears the worst is yet to come with numbers rising each day and have warned there is a “high possibility of a disaster” in the country up until September.
In a notice on Thursday, the Pu’er Government said: “The invasion of the yellow-spined bamboo locusts from abroad is accelerating.
“We can detect new clusters invading every day.

And when they can't feed their people?

Whatever shall I do?
China already can't feed 1 billion people and their government doesn't care.

Whatever shall I do?

closeup-photo-of-person-holding-panasonic-remote-control-in-987586-e1584634773490.jpg

Whatever shall I do?
Now is the chance for Gorilla Glue to prove it's holding power in the cracks of the three mile dam....

Gorilla glue?

What about that shit they build boats with? Flex Paste!

Whatever shall I do?
Now is the chance for Gorilla Glue to prove it's holding power in the cracks of the three mile dam....

Gorilla glue?

That stuff wouldn't hold back a prostate.

Whatever shall I do?

Gorilla glue?

From doing what?

Whatever shall I do?

Gorilla glue?

From doing what?
letting urine flow out of your body.

Forum List

Back