Any righties on the 3rd Coast wanna tell me how great oil is?

BP is going to pay....period. They have insurance for these kinds of disasters, and probably will be suing subcontractors that did the projects.
You need to chill spider, and not get your panties in a bunch.

BP says it's tackling oil spill, will pay claims | Green Tech - CNET News

I don't really see how you can predict the future. And no, they don't have insurance for this.

You really need to do some research before you say things that come close to a lie, spider.

Insurance will likely cover the majority of BP's costs, limiting rating pressure, Fitch said. It now rates BP AA-plus, just one notch below its top rating of AAA.
BP's insurance to cushion impact of oil spill-Fitch | Reuters

plus the government has a 1 billion dollar oil spill trust fund, that is funded by fees from the oil industry

I don't really see how you can predict the future. And no, they don't have insurance for this.

You really need to do some research before you say things that come close to a lie, spider.

Insurance will likely cover the majority of BP's costs, limiting rating pressure, Fitch said. It now rates BP AA-plus, just one notch below its top rating of AAA.

plus the government has a 1 billion dollar oil spill trust fund, that is funded by fees from the oil industry

BP OWNS THE COMPANY THAT INSURES BP

Its functionally equivalent to them just setting money aside for a disaster, which of course is a smart thing to do, but its not like having insurance.

BP's Insurance Situation One of the key questions, given the potential cost of this disaster for BP, is how it's insured. "BP owns its key insurance company, Jupiter Insurance LTD," reveals Business Insider's Gregory White, looking at SEC filings. The company has probably managed, using a "special purpose vehicle," to retain privacy regarding assets and liabilities."The company does have to have public insurance on some of its properties. This insurance is suspected to be through Lloyds of London, and be related to ploss of property and liability claims." He wonders, though:
How Hard Will the Spill Hit BP? | The Atlantic Wire

1 billion won't cover it.

What naive fuckers you people are if you think BP is gonna be the one stuck with a bill for this. Go ahead and chase your tails arguing about what insurance BP has or if they own their own Insurance, or if the Feds have $1B.

This incident will increase the cost of producing oil in the USA, making US more dependent on foreign sources (including BP) who will raise the price to pay for increased production costs.

So you expect others to change their entire lives around so that you can drive your car?

Do you even know the meaning of the word "selfish"
If you won't move....quit your damn whining about it.
Not about being selfish....it's about what is, is. We and the world depend on oil, so suck it up, dude.

You expect others to change their entire lives around so that you can drive your car?

you better fucking believe i do Nancy.....now i want more fucking oil....no excuses....

What naive fuckers you people are if you think BP is gonna be the one stuck with a bill for this. Go ahead and chase your tails arguing about what insurance BP has or if they own their own Insurance, or if the Feds have $1B.

This incident will increase the cost of producing oil in the USA, making US more dependent on foreign sources (including BP) who will raise the price to pay for increased production costs.

The intelligent among us have worked that out. In the end, we pay through higher prices. What does anyone expect to happen? Unlike the Government, BP can't print money - its costs will be met through it's insurance (underwritten by Lloyds of London - that's private investors) and BP will need to make up its profits.... it has shareholders (according to the idiots on the board, I am one of them!!! Apparently they know more about my portfolio than I do - which is why they are idiots and I am not). On the other hand, their profit last year was close to $17billion. I think they'll survive.

Yea, my bad for not knowing where you live. Good grief.... are you gonna be a moron all your life or are you planning to grow the fuck up at all?
"Location:" - upper right hand corner of every post I make.

They have an excellent record for safety

Does this incident not count as part of their record?

I can understand why you are feeling angry but, be rational, it's not BP's fault and they are trying to fix it.

Then whose is it?

Since they haven't yet established exactly what happened, we don't know WHO was responsible - IF ANYONE. Accidents happen. It doesn't necessarily mean someone caused it. This is a typical leftie attitude.... 'someone has to be to blame for my misfortune'. You make ridiculous assumptions based on nothing other than your own 'feelings'. And you decide that the stupid fucking nonsense that other posters write about me is fact.

You're too fucking stupid, Spidey. Seriously. You whine about me being a 'trust fund baby' because someone else said it. Where is your evidence that I am a trust fund baby? Real, hard evidence, not the ranting of the board idiot. And.... assuming I am a 'trust fund baby', does that make me somehow less of a decent person than you? Or is that just you being a jealous little fool?

You whine on about other people using oil - yet don't acknowledge your own use. Ranting about those of us who drive like we are a bunch of evil demons is just pathetic. You use as much oil as the rest of us.... possibly more.

The intelligent among us have worked that out. In the end, we pay through higher prices. What does anyone expect to happen? Unlike the Government, BP can't print money - its costs will be met through it's insurance (underwritten by Lloyds of London - that's private investors) and BP will need to make up its profits.... it has shareholders (according to the idiots on the board, I am one of them!!! Apparently they know more about my portfolio than I do - which is why they are idiots and I am not). On the other hand, their profit last year was close to $17billion. I think they'll survive.

How the heck is BP going to be able to raise its prices if the other oil companies don't follow suit? You can't just add a surcharge to your oil to pay for the damages you caused and expect you'll sell the oil, people will just go to Exxon or Shell for the oil, you will sell none, and you'll go out of business.

Since they haven't yet established exactly what happened, we don't know WHO was responsible - IF ANYONE. Accidents happen. It doesn't necessarily mean someone caused it.

:clap2: Brilliant. An accident without a cause. I suppose the hand of God intervened. Or are the parts in oil rigs small enough that quantum effects become significant? I'd like to see you as head of the NTSA! "Well a plane crashed, yes, but that doesn't mean there was a cause for it ... it just happened, stupid leftie!"

'someone has to be to blame for my misfortune'. You make ridiculous assumptions based on nothing other than your own 'feelings'. And you decide that the stupid fucking nonsense that other posters write about me is fact.

HOW ABSURDLY RIDICULOUS TO ASSUME THAT AN EFFECT HAD A CAUSE.'

Where is your evidence that I am a trust fund baby?
You have yet to deny it.

And.... assuming I am a 'trust fund baby', does that make me somehow less of a decent person than you?

Of course not. It just means you don't grasp the value of hard work.

I had help when I was in college from my folks. Unlike you, I'm not ashamed of it. I didn't learn what work was worth till I got out and had to feed myself.
Or is that just you being a jealous little fool?

I think you mean "envious".

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!
horse-carriage-abingdon.jpg

I prefer oil to horses.

Why is this an economic catastrophe? Precisely because oil is so damned useful.

I've noticed that numerous right wingers have taken this wonderful opportunity to extol on the virtues of oil in the midst of an economic and environmental oil caused catastrophe. BTW guys, brilliant timing!

I prefer oil to horses.

I prefer oil to horses.

Of course you do. You also don't mind people's lives being destroyed so you can have that oil. Send other peoples' children to die for it in Iraq, wreck an entire coastline - who the fuck cares what sacrifice's others have to make, so long as you get yours.

Of course you do. You also don't mind people's lives being destroyed so you can have that oil. Send other peoples' children to die for it in Iraq, wreck an entire coastline - who the fuck cares what sacrifice's others have to make, so long as you get yours.
Yep. Stay the fuck out of my way.

AFD%20crush%2087.JPG

Last edited:

I prefer oil to horses.

I prefer oil to horses.

Spiderman has got to be the whiniest baby on the board this week.
Obviously he would rather shut down the worlds economy over one oil spill. There are over 3800 oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, and has been longer than he's been alive. Spiderman, I said it before....move, get the fuck out of here if you don't like it. But, quit your damn crying about it.

How the heck is BP going to be able to raise its prices if the other oil companies don't follow suit? You can't just add a surcharge to your oil to pay for the damages you caused and expect you'll sell the oil, people will just go to Exxon or Shell for the oil, you will sell none, and you'll go out of business.

WE already established that BP has its own insurance company for compensation, Spiderman. GET OVER IT!

I think Spidey is developing an obsession about this incident.

And if he's so troubled by the use of Oil and all it's ramifications he should get off his computer, have his electricity disconnected. Get rid of all electric applances. Buy a bicycle or a horse, plant a garden, raise chickens and other livestock, and leave the rest of us alone.

I think Spidey is developing an obsession about this incident.

And if he's so troubled by the use of Oil and all it's ramifications he should get off his computer, have his electricity disconnected. Get rid of all electric applances. Buy a bicycle or a horse, plant a garden, raise chickens and other livestock, and leave the rest of us alone.

Since you like oil so much, why aren't you drinking it right now?

The big picture: we are dependent on oil. Would you rather we get it from our own country or fund terrorists by buying it from the middle east?

Until we come up with a viable fuel alternative, we have no choice but drill here.

Any 3rd coasters wanna pipe up on this one? Or is it just those that have nothing at stake in this matter except the continued production of oil for their enjoyment and convenience that wanna extol on the virtues of oil?

Why is that?

Anyone who makes a comment like that can't even be taken seriously. You apparently have no comprehension of what you're talking about. Do you use fuel or energy of any kind? Do you purchase and use products from any store? Are you completely independant of society for any needs? Unless you can say no to all of those questions, you have no grounds to even make the kind of comment you did above.

Forum List

Back