Anyone ever listen to Queensryche?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Anyone ever into these guys? They were another "almost made it" band from the late 80's and early 90's, although they might have technically "made it" with Silent Lucidity, which most people recognize it when hearing the first 10 seconds (it reached #1 on Billboard album rock hits in 1991)... if you're like "meh", just 10 seconds, click the link.

Anyone else into them? What are your fav albums or songs?

1665372425160.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Anyone ever into these guys? They were another "almost made it" band from the late 80's and early 90's, although they might have technically "made it" with Silent Lucidity, which most people recognize it when hearing the first 10 seconds (it reached #1 on Billboard album rock hits in 1991)... if you're like "meh", just 10 seconds, click the link.

They did make it. There is no almost to it. Back then we were listening to Operation Mind Crime as well as a lot of metal bands Slayer, Metallica stuff like that and going to the concerts. There was a lot of "garage bands". Somewhere along the line during the 80s the radio stations had decided that they were not going to play metal. We were not cut off from it totally because we knew where to find it. Now....the radio stations were willing to play rock ballads from metal bands which is why things began to suck. You will miss all of the music from then if all you do is what was on the charts.

I whip out some old Queensryche occasionally. Saw the operation mindcrime tour when they opened for Def Leppard at the Omni in Atlanta Georgia ...1989.

Only one or two original members left right?

They did make it. There is no almost to it. Back then we were listening to Operation Mind Crime as well as a lot of metal bands Slayer, Metallica stuff like that and going to the concerts. There was a lot of "garage bands". Somewhere along the line during the 80s the radio stations had decided that they were not going to play metal. We were not cut off from it totally because we knew where to find it. Now....the radio stations were willing to play rock ballads from metal bands which is why things began to suck. You will miss all of the music from then if all you do is what was on the charts.
The only mainstream song I ever heard on commercial radio was Silent Lucidity.

They probably deserved so much more. I honestly am not a huge fan of Operation Mind Crime... Empire and Promised Land alone have 3-4 hit songs on them IMO.

What are they?

Silent Lucidity
Empire
Best I can
I am I
Damage

The only mainstream song I ever heard on commercial radio was Silent Lucidity.

They probably deserved so much more. I honestly am not a huge fan of Operation Mind Crime... Empire and Promised Land alone have 3-4 hit songs on them IMO.

What are they?

Silent Lucidity
Empire
Best I can
I am I
Damage
Screw mainstream. I find it odd that people have allowed media conglomerates to decide for them what good music should be.

Screw mainstream. I find it odd that people have allowed media conglomerates to decide for them what good music should be.
I get your point, and I agree to an extent, but it's safe to say (admittedly from a subjective point of view) who "made it" and who didn't.

Queensryche was definitely successful from a random band's point of view... but for what they were billed to be? I think they were underrated overall.

I saw them live at House of Blues in Cleveland in 2004 during a tour where they played two sets... one with the hits and one with a complete performance of Operation Mindcrime.

Queensryche came a long way.

I remember hearing the debut album and most people were like what the **** is this?

Then they came out with mindcrime and became popular.

When they first came out and were on the radio, yeah, but I never bought an album.

Forum List

Back