Anyone Know How To Stop A Pinky Finger From Bleeding?

Clean the wound thoroughly (again), and it doesn't matter if it starts bleeding.
Dry area, remove excess blood and use a liquid bandage ... There are numerous brands, but I use New Skin.

Ooops ... Turtlesoup beat me to it.

He was right on....as usual.

Thanks....the problem seems to be I don't have the right stuff to do the job.
I'm not going to a hospital and let them give me COVID.
And getting two stitches isn't worth it.
The cut isn't that bad....just the location.
Damn! I feel for you. I refuse to go to a hospital. Haven't been since about the time I described a few posts earlier. I'm lucky I have a qualified friend who can handle things like serious cuts and broken bones, and save me the risk of going to a hospital.

Best of luck to you.

Keep it elevated for awhile. Use New Skin. Neosporin usually stops MrGs bleeding accidents from the cat scratching him and he IS on blood thinners. For me. wrapping it tightly, not changing the bandage, using the neosporin usually does the trick...and elevating it as much as possible with a homemade sling.
And the neosporin stops it from sticking when I do change the bandaid.

I cut the end of my right pinky finger two days ago....and every time I change bandages it starts bleeding like when I first cut it.
I've been thinking maybe superglue or something.
It's a pain in the ass trying to stem the flow.
How long should I keep a dressing on till the next change and not risk infection, anyone?
I would go with superglue at first,,

I cut the end of my right pinky finger two days ago....and every time I change bandages it starts bleeding like when I first cut it.
How long should I keep a dressing on till the next change and not risk infection, anyone?
I was cutting 4x8 sheetrock with a 4' rockin square. Oops. index finger was 1/8" over the edge of the square. Cut near a dime size hunk off my index finger. Kept it clean, bandaged it healed well. You're not far, bring a bottle bourbon and I'll cauterize it for you.

I was cutting 4x8 sheetrock with a 4' rockin square. Oops. index finger was 1/8" over the edge of the square. Cut near a dime size hunk off my index finger. Kept it clean, bandaged it healed well. You're not far, bring a bottle bourbon and I'll cauterize it for you.
I used to do sheetrock too.
What I hate is fiberglass.

Hold a wet tea bag to it for awhile...

If direct pressure doesn't close the wound after 30 mins, you will need a primary closure (a suture).

Surgical superglue is an alternative. Consult your doctor or ER nurse.

If direct pressure doesn't close the wound after 30 mins, you will need a primary closure (a suture).

Surgical superglue is an alternative. Consult your doctor or ER nurse.
I finally got the bandage off without it spurting blood.
Looks like I removed my fingerprint permanently.

Forum List

Back