Anyone thinking of retiring to Asia?

I have two acquaintances who are seriously considering moving to the Philippines when they retire. Their reasons are both financial and cultural. These are very Conservative individuals who are losing faith that the US can be saved.

I share their concerns, but find it strange as conservatives they don't think the country can be saved. If true conservatives, I share the sentiment, but if Trump conservatives, they have nothing to be worried about. This is all subjective, of course, and open to ones interpretation of events. Plus I hate cold weather, and live in the Midwest, and summers are fairly scorching these days, with lots of humidity, so I think I can handle the Thailand hot months, as well as making my dollar go further than in this country.

Corporate America is gaslighting us all, costs are out of control on everything, none more so than medical care. I could pay out of pocket for most things medical in Asia.
Again, you don’t have to be a con to know the country is messed up. It has nothing to do with who is potus. If you think that way, you’re a bumb ass partisan. Joe is no different from Don, or O, or W. They’re all the same.

That's your opinion, and you're free to believe it.

I don't do false equivalencies.
Its so obvious that apparently wingers on both sides can’t see it.

Nothing changes with slow Joe. He even said so. The ultra wealthy, the MIC, and big corporations will continue to run the country. The people’s demands will continue to be mostly ignored and many will be duped by the establishment, as you are.

There are indeed some similarities between Republicans and Democrats, I get it, I'm no fan of either party because they both govern at the edges instead of governing in the middle, however, what I saw under Trump is nothing I've ever seen before, and I'm not naïve enough to believe it was a one-off. We have millions of Americans begging for more, and they're likely to get it. I should be watching from afar if all works out.

And you want to move to a theocratic dictatorship like Thailand? What a retard...

Not my problem, asshole. At least Trump worshiping inbreds like yourself will be a safe distance from me, and those in Thailand I'll be sure to avoid, as I do here, although they are everywhere where I live and much harder to avoid.

I have two acquaintances who are seriously considering moving to the Philippines when they retire. Their reasons are both financial and cultural. These are very Conservative individuals who are losing faith that the US can be saved.

I share their concerns, but find it strange as conservatives they don't think the country can be saved. If true conservatives, I share the sentiment, but if Trump conservatives, they have nothing to be worried about. This is all subjective, of course, and open to ones interpretation of events. Plus I hate cold weather, and live in the Midwest, and summers are fairly scorching these days, with lots of humidity, so I think I can handle the Thailand hot months, as well as making my dollar go further than in this country.

Corporate America is gaslighting us all, costs are out of control on everything, none more so than medical care. I could pay out of pocket for most things medical in Asia.
Again, you don’t have to be a con to know the country is messed up. It has nothing to do with who is potus. If you think that way, you’re a bumb ass partisan. Joe is no different from Don, or O, or W. They’re all the same.

Nothing changes with slow Joe. He even said so. The ultra wealthy, the MIC, and big corporations will continue to run the country. The people’s demands will continue to be mostly ignored and many will be duped by the establishment, as you are.

There are indeed some similarities between Republicans and Democrats, I get it, I'm no fan of either party because they both govern at the edges instead of governing in the middle, however, what I saw under Trump is nothing I've ever seen before, and I'm not naïve enough to believe it was a one-off. We have millions of Americans begging for more, and they're likely to get it. I should be watching from afar if all works out.
I don’t disagree about Dumb Don. He was different in some very negative ways but on the big issues, he was no different from Ears or Slow Joe.

This is a serious question for those who would, or are, considering leaving the U.S. and retiring to Asia.

Have you decided on which Asian country would be best for you, and what about this particular country do you find most appealing? Are your reasons purely financial, or are there other factors involved in your decision?

I could live quite well in Asia on my retirement income (when I finally reach retirement) and am considering it.
If I win the lotto...I am retiring in Aruba...not anywhere in Asia. Sorry.

You're not going to win the Lotto, so forget it.

This is a serious question for those who would, or are, considering leaving the U.S. and retiring to Asia.

Have you decided on which Asian country would be best for you, and what about this particular country do you find most appealing? Are your reasons purely financial, or are there other factors involved in your decision?

I could live quite well in Asia on my retirement income (when I finally reach retirement) and am considering it.
If I win the lotto...I am retiring in Aruba...not anywhere in Asia. Sorry.

You're not going to win the Lotto, so forget it.
Correct and correct.

Sadly

They’re both combat veterans and retired LEOs. They’ve spent most of their lives trying to protect and save this country. They don’t believe this country has sufficient interest in being saved to change the things necessary to save it. They’re both widowers. If I wasnt married, I’d seriously consider going with them.

And you want to move to a theocratic dictatorship like Thailand? What a retard...

Not my problem, asshole. At least Trump worshiping inbreds like yourself will be a safe distance from me, and those in Thailand I'll be sure to avoid, as I do here, although they are everywhere where I live and much harder to avoid.

Enjoy your theocracy, retard!

Absolutely. I should be leaving soon actually, but i'm not retiring. I plan to work. The US is simply too expensive and I don't want to live in a cheaper place like Idaho or in dangerous areas of Detroit to compensate. I don't want to work the rest of my life grinding away just to be able to put all my money into paying for my nyc rent.

We have embraced stupid. There's no going back.

Forum List

Back