Anyone Watching The "Under One-Percent Candidates Debate" On Fox? Hmm, Kinda Boring?

It's Megyn!

254798B400000578-0-image-a-63_1422974205228.jpg

What was the name of that black guy she was seeing before she got married?
racist much?

It's Megyn!

254798B400000578-0-image-a-63_1422974205228.jpg

What was the name of that black guy she was seeing before she got married?
racist much?

What did I say that was racist?
Who cares who she dated or what race they are.

Steve Mcgarrett would, because he's an overt racist. Never mind, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, sheesh. After all, this is the back bencher thread...nothing here to be taken seriously.

If there was a winner, it was Fiorina. She showed up prepared and came across well. It was a good audition for the VP slot. It was all calculated pandering, but she did it well.

Santorum was interesting. His bubbly enthusiasm made him stand out from the other sourpusses.

Graham was a mess.

Pataki and Perry were empty suits.

Glimore was ... just who was Gilmore? I had to figure out who he was by process of elimination.

Jindal is just a vile little shit.

The FOX mods were passive-aggressive nasty, basically asking the candidates why they were wasting everyone's time.

And none of the candidates could count to two.

Also interesting, how the GOP seems to think that if you don't have cable, you don't deserve to see a debate.

As usual nothing but mindless venom and insults from the board liberals....

Sorry libturds, but .All 7 lower tier GOP candidates are better than Hillary and none are being investigated by the FBI for mishandling classified materials....

Daily Kos wrap up (just because): I don't really disagree. FOX News at the beginning did just about as much as possible without making it overtly obvious that they didn't give a shit about these people. Lindsey Graham, by far the biggest loser tonight, after that it's anyone who took the stage but among all losers Fiorina probably will survive another day.

Republican JV debate wrap-up Well that was a whole lot of nothing

Well, that was terrible. Truly terrible. From the premises of the questions—frequent variations on why are you not popular—to the decision to stage the debate in a nearly-audienceless stadium with random photographers wandering in and out of shots, people behind the moderators paying no particular attention to the debaters, and so on, it was clear throughout that Fox News was only holding the junior debate out of obligation, not because they they had any interest in it. I expect Fox will be hearing from angry staffers within 30 seconds of the debate's close.

There were no newsworthy moments, other than the moderators asking questions about whether American mosques needed more monitoring or what the candidates would do about "illegals." In general the moderation was what you'd expect from a Fox News B-team, with questions about brown people, litmus test questions for candidates perceived as not sufficiently anti-abortion, and why Hillary Clinton was Bad.

Winners: Anyone who had the sense to bow out of this thing before it started. Did no harm: Rick Perry did not overtly Screw Up. Bobby Jindal was competent; Carly Fiorina was fine, Rick Santorum was Rick Santorum. The big losers were Lindsey Graham, whose stumbling reading of his own opening statement sounded like a frightened child reciting his big lines for the school play—and it only went downhill from there, to the point where by the end it looked like he was about to burst into tears and run offstage—and John Kasich George Pataki, who was the biggest recipient of passive-aggressive moderator ire for wasting Fox News time that could have been used for other candidates.

Gilmore was there. Barely. That's about all you can say about them.

None of the candidates is going to get a boost from this, but there might be some fireworks from the candidates at how they were treated in this audience-less momentum-killer. Other than that we'll soon see what these staging screw-ups and open moderator hostility towards the lower-tier candidates means for the big-table debate.

Sorry libturds, but .All 7 lower tier GOP candidates are better than Hillary and none are being investigated by the FBI for mishandling classified materials....

What about Perry's mugshot? How did that happen?

So you are insinuating that Perry is being investigate by the FBI? Link it or STFU.

So you are insinuating that Perry is being investigate by the FBI? Link it or STFU.

No, I'm insinuating that Perry is under investigation. Just like Walker has been (and there were convictions for his staff) as well as Chris Christie. But, if they were the GOP candidate, you'll vote for them.

No, I'm insinuating that Perry is under investigation. Just like Walker has been (and there were convictions for his staff) as well as Chris Christie. But, if they were the GOP candidate, you'll vote for them.

Sorry, I simply do not buy your moral equivalence argument. Hillary put our national security at risk and mishandled classified materials on her insecure "home brew" server. She used this private email system specifically for the purpose of usurping and avoiding government reporting laws. Then after she was caught red-handed, she destroyed e-mails, thousands of them. She believes she is above the law and that makes her unfit to serve as POTUS.

Sorry, I simply do not buy your moral equivalence argument. Hillary put our national security at risk and mishandled classified materials on her insecure "home brew" server. She used this private email system specifically for the purpose of usurping and avoiding government reporting laws. Then after she was caught red-handed, she destroyed e-mails, thousands of them. She believes she is above the law and that makes her unfit to serve as POTUS.

Oh, accusations become convictions. What was Colin Powell doing?

Btw, you forgot Benghazi and Vince Foster.

In the meantime, Perry has been indicted. Christie and Walker administrations have had way more serious legal troubles than Clinton.

Also, I don't pretend that Clinton is squeaky clean. I'm one of those "voter for the lesser evil" types.

Oh, accusations become convictions. What was Colin Powell doing?

Btw, you forgot Benghazi and Vince Foster.

Again, the moral equivalency argument is weak. Powell had a .gov e-mail address and used it most of the time. Hillary did not have a .gov email and never used anything except her "secret server".

Under federal law, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. WE THE PEOPLE own those e-mails not Hillary. You should be outraged.

Forum List

Back