AOC ripped to shreds for mocking Kavanaugh getting harassed out of D.C. restaurant: 'Disgusting'

Putting aside for the moment AOC’s comment and the reaction to it, the Supreme Court did no more than what they’ve always done: hand down rulings that are popular with some and derided by others.

When Roe Vs. Wade was passed down back in ‘73, it was applauded by many and condemed by many. This is no different. Those pro-choice people who are the most up-in-arms and the most vocal about the recent decision would do well to remember that before they start talking about the USSC overstepping its powers.

If they are overstepping their powers now then that means they were doing so back then as well and the issue should never have been placed in their hands in the first place.

The US originally was NOT at all capitalist.
The fact there were wealthy plantation owners who were working on the profit motivation, does not mean the country was capitalist.
The reason is that it was a frontier, with lots of free resources.
If anyone wanted land, all they had to do was go farther west.
You did not have to pay rent to a landlord, work in a sweatshop, be turned down by bank for loans, etc.
It was very much anarchy, where you could easily survive on your own, if you wanted to.
In a capitalist country, everyone is under economic slavery, and is forced to work, pay rent, buy expensive food, etc.

Putting aside for the moment AOC’s comment and the reaction to it, the Supreme Court did no more than what they’ve always done: hand down rulings that are popular with some and derided by others.

When Roe Vs. Wade was passed down back in ‘73, it was applauded by many and condemed by many. This is no different. Those pro-choice people who are the most up-in-arms and the most vocal about the recent decision would do well to remember that before they start talking about the USSC overstepping its powers.

If they are overstepping their powers now then that means they were doing so back then as well and the issue should never have been placed in their hands in the first place.

The SCOTUS totally violated their authority, and can up with totally bogus interpretations of law, based entirely on Evangelical religious beliefs.

The issue was placed in the hands of the SCOTUS in 73 because the states were violating the 14th amendment.
The current SCOTUS ruling goes back to violating the 14th amendment.
The point is that legally neither the federal nor state government has any authority over private family health matters.

And no, the over turn of Roe Vs Wade is NOT at all in line with popular values.
The polls are saying over 80% of the population is against what the SCOTUS did.

{... Overall, 62 percent of Americans surveyed said that they believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases. ...}

Gotta love AOC

Poor guy. He left before his soufflé because he decided half the country should risk death if they have an ectopic pregnancy within the wrong state lines. It’s all very unfair to him. The least they could do is let him eat cake
🍰

:clap:
Hey shithead! Tell me the states where an ectopic pregnancy is illegal to terminate. You have none!

I'll bet she wasn't ripped to shreds. I'm pretty sure someone would get arrested over that.

Hey shithead! Tell me the states where an ectopic pregnancy is illegal to terminate. You have none!
The issue the lovely and talented AOC is addressing is that given the Conservative assholes who are making the rules, Doctors will be afraid to terminate out of fear of being accused of an abortion

The SCOTUS totally violated their authority, and can up with totally bogus interpretations of law, based entirely on Evangelical religious beliefs.

:p

lmao

The issue was placed in the hands of the SCOTUS in 73 because the states were violating the 14th amendment.
The point is that legally neither the federal nor state government has any authority over private family health matters.

Mr Biden disagrees with you. Mr Fauci disagrees with you. Lots of people disagree with you.

I doubt that very much.

{... Overall, 62 percent of Americans surveyed said that they believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases. ...}

So? Go contact your state legislator. How hard can it be?

Needs to be booted out of the office, she is scum.
The thing is, she screeches "I'm a victim" when it's her, like when the overblown dustup happened at the Capitol. OMG. She thought she was going to be raped or killed. But with Kavanaugh who's already had an assassin show up at his home, there is a REAL threat to his life.

And she ridicules it. Even if she IS a marionette whose tweets are ghostwritten by Marxist handlers, she is despicable.

The best part is the leftists on this board know she’s a fucking idiot yet they must defend all things left.

As I said, if they have no authority to rule on Roe vs. Wade today then they didn’t have it in ‘73.

Then explain the federal and state governments attempting to force individuals to get Covid vaccines by threatening their jobs.

As you know, Biden implemented a rule that businesses of a hundred employees or more must have all their employees vaccinated. The Supreme Court then struck it down because it was, you guessed it, unconstitutional.

But virtually no one on the left had anything to say about that, did they?

Never said that. I said it’s popular with some and derided by others.

Fine. But it doesn’t negate what I said that some applauded it and some condemned it.
The percentages are irrelevant to what I’m talking about. All I’m saying is that the USSC didn’t do anything it hasn’t done before.

BTW, I’m not against abortion, I just think pro-choice arguments are lame. They conveniently dismiss unborn children as cell clusters rather the lives they truly are.

Forum List

Back