🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

AOC wants to ban bump stocks

Funny, given how I just disproved it by providing examples.
Eh, reasonably.
In this case, that's subjective. I find those prices reasonable.

Mandatory that government ban production of any motor vehicle that can exceed the legally posted speed limit on any road anywhere. Lowest I have personally seen is 5 (five, libbies) MPH (miles per hour, progressives). 15 MPH limits are not uncommon.

Maybe possession of any vehicle with capability or being driven fast than 5 MPH should be a felony! Not actually driving at such an outrageous speed; just simple possession. Of course preceded by a penalty-free "turn in" period.

Funny, given how I just disproved it by providing examples.
Eh, reasonably.
In this case, that's subjective. I find those prices reasonable.

Agreed.

Maybe my friends have a lower tolerance for paperwork also. Is it correct to say while every gun in America isnvt exactly registered (except by your Facebook app), every full auto AK is?

My buddies really hate the paperwork. (I only own one gun, last fired a gun maybe a decade ago, but I HAVE shot a semi auto AK of my friend's if that makes mencool)

Here Are The Actual Federal Laws Regulating Machine Guns In The U.S. - The Federalist

Full auto is not what it's cracked to be. Believe it.

In fact, the Brits used to issue the FN (Fabrique Nationale) FAL to their troops in semi-auto form. Absolutely beautiful weapon but the .308 is too much for it.

During the Falklands War, British troops were picking up Argentinian Full Auto FAL's and using them. They're bascially uncontrollable on Full Auto. the .308 is a pretty badass round.

Bump stocks are stupid. I see no reason for them to be a round.

Unless you've got a bipod and are in the prone firing firing position, full auto is almost worthless. It's 'spray and pray'. And the bump stock is beyond useless.

In short bursts, yeah it's not too bad. Especially if you're trying to put up a 'wall of lead'. Like if you're being ambushed.

I believe our troops should have full auto capability but these pretend, wannabe types don't need that kind of shit.

They wanna be badasses, join the Military.

And I'm as Pro 2nd Amendment as it gets without being stupid about it.

Fact: There's no rational reason to ban bump stocks.
That’s not fact. That’s opinion.
No - its fact, proven by the fact no one has presented one.
Feel free to try.
Would you agree that a car and a gun are implements that serve distinct purposes? And would you agree that certain modifications to a car makes cars unnecessarily dangerous to public safety?
Predictably, nowhere in your post is a rational argument for banning bump stocks.
Hint: If you have a rational argument for said ban, you don't need to ask me any questions.
I am establishing a reason.

If modifying an implement makes it unnecessarily hazardous to public safety, such modifications should be banned.

As bump stocks do not impede your use of a gun, and do not infringe on your right to bear arms, the virtue of a bump stock must be made clear. Otherwise there is no rational use for them aside from the threat to public safety.

Predictably, nowhere in your post is a rational argument for banning bump stocks.
Hint: If you have a rational argument for said ban, you don't need to ask me any questions.
No. You asked a series of questions in an attempt to get me to make your argument for you.
Notice how you failed.
If modifying an implement makes it unnecessarily hazardous to public safety, such modifications should be banned.
1: Show this to be true, with relevant same-sense examples of where it has been applied.
2: Show that bump stocks are "unnecessarily hazardous to public safety", taking into account they have been around for over a decade and used exactly once in a crime.

No. You asked a series of questions in an attempt to get me to make your argument for you.
Notice how you failed.
1: Show this to be true, with relevant same-sense examples of where it has been applied.
2: Show that bump stocks are "unnecessarily hazardous to public safety", taking into account they have been around for over a decade and used exactly once in a crime.
A bump stock increases the rate of fire of a semi-automatic tiring system to be similar if not equal to a fully automatic firing system.

Fully automatic firing systems are highly regulated requiring special permits and licenses.

Bump stocks circumvent those permits and therefore must be banned. If only to legitimize those permits and licenses.

Now, tell me the virtue of the bump stock.

Notice how you failed.
A bump stock increases the rate of fire of a semi-automatic tiring system to be similar if not equal to a fully automatic firing system.
Still waiting for you to address:

As for what you said:
So? So does a rubber band and a shoestring.
How does this, taking into account they have been around for over a decade and used exactly once in a crime; make them "unnecessarily hazardous to public safety"?
Fully automatic firing systems are highly regulated requiring special permits and licenses.
And yet are legal.
So... actual machine guns are legal, but something that kinda sorta but not really mimics the effect, but not the function, of a machine gun - and has only ever been used once in a crime - should be illegal?

Sorry, no. This is not a reasoned, rational conclusion.
It -might- be sound and reasonable to roll bump stocks under the NFA, but that's not your position.

Feel free to try again.

Last edited:
Notice how you failed.
Still waiting for you to address:

As for what you said:
So? So does a rubber band and a shoestring.
How does this, taking into account they have been around for over a decade and used exactly once in a crime; make them "unnecessarily hazardous to public safety"?
And yet are legal.
So... actual machine guns are legal, but something that kinda sorta but not really mimics the effect, but not the function, of a machine gun - and has only ever been used once in a crime - should be illegal?

Sorry, no. This is not a reasoned, rational conclusion.
It -might- be sound and reasonable to roll bump stocks under the NFA, but that's not your position.

Feel free to try again.
How are you certtthat bump stocks have been used in a crime only once? Is there evidence or just your speculation?

Why have gun crime statistics been neglected by the federal government?

How are you certtthat bump stocks have been used in a crime only once? Is there evidence or just your speculation?
As explained, you have not delivered a reasoned, rational argument for banning bump stocks.
Feel free to try again.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter

How many of you liberals are with her on this???

Go AOC go AOC go go go AOC!!!

What's the purpose of a bump stock?

Fire AT a large group of people quickly and not very accurately?

What is the purpose of having a car that will exceed the speed limit?

What's the purpose of having beer sold in case lots to a single individual?

What is the purpose of smoking cigarettes? BTW, did you know your odds, as a NONSMOKER, is that you stand a greater chance of dying from second hand smoke than by a firearm?

What's the purpose of owning a functional M1 Abrams?

Irrelevant. You cannot "bear" an Abrams tank, which according to the late Antonin Scalia, "bear" means to carry (see the Heller decision.) I can't carry a freaking tank. Nice try, but no cigar.

I'd counter you can't reasonably buy an automatic weapon you can "bear" either

I can carry any shoulder fired weapon on the market. Additionally, it is the automatic weaponry MOST protected by the Constitution since you cannot insure the security of a free State with a single shot black powder rifle.

Sigh.
Assuming the shooter was committed to the particular shooting he perpetrated - from that room, into that crowd, firing at an area target rather than point target - and was unable to get a bump stock, what alternative(s) did he have?
Anyone?
Duh, you mean like rubber bands - or just not doing it?
That's -all- you can think of?
Really?

Duh, you mean like a simple modification to make it full auto - or just not doing it?

Forum List

Back