AP: Four Out Of Five Americans Struggle With Poverty

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Welcome to obamanomics.

Exclusive: Signs of declining economic security

460x.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream.

Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs as reasons for the trend.

The findings come as President Barack Obama tries to renew his administration's emphasis on the economy, saying in recent speeches that his highest priority is to "rebuild ladders of opportunity" and reverse income inequality.

Hardship is particularly on the rise among whites, based on several measures. Pessimism among that racial group about their families' economic futures has climbed to the highest point since at least 1987. In the most recent AP-GfK poll, 63 percent of whites called the economy "poor."

More at the link.

Get used to it people. It's the "New Normal"

In the old days when I was growing up, all you needed was a strong work ethic to succeed in this Country.

Any Parent, any young person of today will tell you that is no longer the case.

Why? Because the gubmint is busy stealing from those WITH a work ethic and giving to those who will vote dimocrap.

Figure it out.

One other thing while I'm at it..... The Top 1%...??

Even the Top 5%...?

You can't hurt us. Never could, never will. Not a chance in hell.

All the dimocrap scum are doing is making themselves into a permanent under class.

4-in-5-face-near-poverty-at-some-point-in-lives-550x412.jpg

Welcome to obama's America

Welcome to obamanomics.

Exclusive: Signs of declining economic security

460x.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four out of 5 U.S. adults struggle with joblessness, near poverty or reliance on welfare for at least parts of their lives, a sign of deteriorating economic security and an elusive American dream.

Survey data exclusive to The Associated Press points to an increasingly globalized U.S. economy, the widening gap between rich and poor and loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs as reasons for the trend.

The findings come as President Barack Obama tries to renew his administration's emphasis on the economy, saying in recent speeches that his highest priority is to "rebuild ladders of opportunity" and reverse income inequality.

Hardship is particularly on the rise among whites, based on several measures. Pessimism among that racial group about their families' economic futures has climbed to the highest point since at least 1987. In the most recent AP-GfK poll, 63 percent of whites called the economy "poor."

More at the link.

Get used to it people. It's the "New Normal"

In the old days when I was growing up, all you needed was a strong work ethic to succeed in this Country.

Any Parent, any young person of today will tell you that is no longer the case.

Why? Because the gubmint is busy stealing from those WITH a work ethic and giving to those who will vote dimocrap.

Figure it out.

One other thing while I'm at it..... The Top 1%...??

Even the Top 5%...?

You can't hurt us. Never could, never will. Not a chance in hell.

All the dimocrap scum are doing is making themselves into a permanent under class.

4-in-5-face-near-poverty-at-some-point-in-lives-550x412.jpg

Welcome to obama's America

Looking at the picture I guess poverty means never missing a meal???

Look at the picture of the obese woman in the OP

What business is going to hire her to work for them?

I doubt she could stand for long periods or even walk any distance.

She would be suing the company for disability payments within her first 90 days on the job. .. :cool:

And what do they put into the TWO refrigerators? Food! Lots and lots of food from the size of the one blimp!

They surely have a car, a TV and a whole lot of goodies.

But, according to the source, they want us to believe that tens of millions of Americans live in shacks and are close to starvation!

Demand billions more for the War on Poverty!!!!!

:puke3::puke3::puke3:

4 out of five Americans suffer from poverty for at least one year of their lives, that is true.

Many Americans (my guess is the lower 60% or so) are one job loss or one major illness from poverty, given how long it now takes to find a decent job for most people and how reluctant employers are to hire people coming off disability.

Forum List

Back