AP Source: Census Worker hanged with 'fed' on body

Nobody is going to shut down Freedom of the Press.

Not gonna happen, scuttlebutts.

Until the press start receiving "bailouts" Or the FCC diversity CZAR tries to shut down talk radio.

And the crazy man even chimes in about it
Isn't going to happen Chucky.

The information age doesn't come with an off switch.

I hope you are right, but with all the utter B.S. Like Bush's bailouts and Obama's stimulus being passed in political milliseconds I'm not confident that something like this won't be snuck in under the 1100 page cover of health care reform or some other emergency.

Shoot my governor just violated our state constition yesterday under the premise of it being "An Emergency that the senate wont vote to appoint someone to kennedy's seat" and the media praised him for it.

Its a scary time when the watchdogs and the dogs they are watching are best friends.

Still I hope you are right.

Are you not even willing to admit that the possibility of this murder being caused by hate-speech from the right even exists?

NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

That is a nonsense scenario Barry's justice department cooked up early in his regime as a sweet fallback against dissent.

Chimp tried the exact same thing with us when we protested the war.

If you start playing this game that any nutball who commits a crime because of 'incendiary propaganda' you are playing into the idea that dissent to Obama and his Democrats must be stamped out or 'controlled'.

In that case you are on the road to totalitarianism and I won't even consider it and I will in fact resist it, as I did the Iraq war, the patriot act, and all the fun N games Barryworld is now trying.

From the Associated Press-

BIG CREEK, Ky. — A census worker found hanged from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest met his end in a corner of Appalachia with an abundance of meth labs and marijuana fields — and a reputation for mistrusting government that dates back to the days of moonshiners and "revenuers."

But the investigation has yet to determine whether the death of the 51-year-old part-time schoolteacher represents real anti-government sentiment. At this point, police cannot say whether Bill Sparkman's death was a homicide, an accident or even a suicide.

"We are not downplaying the significance of his position with the U.S. Census bureau," said Capt. Lisa Rudzinski, commander of the Kentucky State Police post in London. "We can assure the public we are looking at every possible aspect of Mr. Sparkman's death."

<snip>

University of Pittsburgh sociologist Kathleen Blee, co-author of a book about Clay County, says that when she heard of Sparkman's death, she initially wondered whether he had stumbled across a marijuana plot.

Pot growers seeking to avoid federal forfeiture statutes often plant their crops on national forest land and have even been known to booby-trap plots with explosives and rattlesnakes.

"Like any poor county, people are engaged in a variety of revenue sources," she said. "Not all of them legal."

Davis acknowledged Clay's "pretty wild history of a black market economy, a drug economy." He noted that Sparkman's death occurred at a time when marijuana producers are typically harvesting their crop.

"And so you have to be careful when you send some unsuspecting guy who's just trying to earn a buck to feed his family," he said. "Things can go bad really quickly."
The Associated Press: Area where census worker died has troubled history

Think Progress » Census worker hanged with the word ‘fed’ scrawled on his body.

The AP is reporting that Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and occasional teacher, was found hung to death in Kentucky with the word “fed” was scrawled on the dead man’s chest. Investigators are still trying to determine the motive, but “law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is ‘an apparent homicide.’” “Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that’s part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker,” said FBI spokesman David Beyer.

Great, so one of the nutjobs who is all about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants finally went and killed someone?

The Associated Press: AP source: Census worker hanged with 'fed' on body

I'm sure Michelle Bachmann will be pleased.

Anyone here really surprised?

Not at all surprised. I live in KY, and I love to hike. I really needed another reason to be uneasy about hiking in this great commonwealth. Now I'll be more paranoid than ever. Nice.

I'm thinking if this killing shows how the right is "inciting" ppl, then likewise is the recent killing of the student in the lab an example of the leftoid "inciting" ppl. Cuz after all, that killer was a liberal.

I'm PLYMCO_PILGRIM and I approve this tact ;).

You basically summed up why i thought the first few posts in this thread are UTTER B.S..

You're claim is as ridiculous as theirs.

not really the same plymouth...

If ''PALIN'' or ''Tax cut and Spend Republican'' or something of that nature that can be attributed to things Democrats have WHINED about, were carved on the woman's body, then yes...you could use that example....

otherwise, it was not comparable imho.

I'm thinking if this killing shows how the right is "inciting" ppl, then likewise is the recent killing of the student in the lab an example of the leftoid "inciting" ppl. Cuz after all, that killer was a liberal.

You basically summed up why i thought the first few posts in this thread are UTTER B.S..

If ''PALIN'' or ''Tax cut and Spend Republican'' or something of that nature that can be attributed to things Democrats have WHINED about, were carved on the woman's body, then yes...you could use that example....

The term "Fed" has historically been used to denote a agent of the FBI.

The only "Fed" I've heard conservatives complain about is the Federal Reserve...not likely Bill Sparkman was mistaken for one of them.

1. Fed 118 up, 17 down
Slang for an agent from the FBI.
I was caught by the feds on Saturday.
get this def on a mug by 1337 Str33t Ninj4 Aug 17, 2004 share this

2. fed 59 up, 15 down
An agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
We gotta get ou of here before the feds land up...
get this def on a mug by Abhishek Sep 26, 2003 share this

3. fed 41 up, 28 down
Short for the United State's Federal Reserve. The fed tries to keep the US economy under control by controlling banks and minting money.
The fed got a new chairman in October, his name is Ben.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fed

Last edited:

I think you missed the point I was making. Im saying that Allie's claim is ridiculous and the OP's claim that it has to do with tea party protestors is also ridiculous.

Hence pointing out the stupidity of the claim by the OP that the death had to do with tea party ideals with an equally stupid statement that the girl in the lab was killed because of some other ideals.

I've heard many conservatives talking bad about the federal government for several months now.

Before election:

I've heard many liberals talking bad about the federal government for 8 years now.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

I've been talking bad about the federal government since the early mid 90's when I started paying attention.

Whats that make me?

I've heard many conservatives talking bad about the federal government for several months now.

Before election:

I've heard many liberals talking bad about the federal government for 8 years now.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

I've been talking bad about the federal government since the early mid 90's when I started paying attention.

Whats that make me?
An American.

emoticon_americanFlag.gif

So many possibilities....so many speculation opportunities...

There are quite a few white supremacist, pro-confederacy, anti-us government, and like-minded individuals in this commonwealth. SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

And I see it every day here. (Just my own experience)

It's possible that some of these individuals had something to do with it. It's possible that they had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

It could be that someone murdered him, wrote "FED" on his chest in an attempt to cover up the true motive. We won't know...until we KNOW. There are crazy people out there who kill, just to kill. Everyone knows that.

The date of the incident, and "FED" definitely makes it look suspicious. If anti-government sentiment wasn't the motive, we have a very clever killer on the loose.

We should wait until we know the facts (if ever).

Forum List

Back