arbery trial and race

How so? How many cases would have been just swept under the rug if the 2 had not gotten involved. Oh that's right you wanted them swept under the rug.

If a white person did half the things Jackson did, they'd be in prison for at least 10 years. Extortion is illegal in this country and he made himself a millionaire over committing that illegal act repeatedly.

Do you think they would have done the same thing if Ahmaud were white?

I don't know. I'm not a leftist so I don't know how to read minds nor do I have a crystal ball. What I do know is blacks are much more violent than whites so perhaps that's why they felt the need to use a gun.

I don't know. I'm not a leftist so I don't know how to read minds nor do I have a crystal ball. What I do know is blacks are much more violent than whites so perhaps that's why they felt the need to use a gun.
Travis McMichael already testified that he brought the gun to coerce compliance by threat of force.

He said when you point a gun at someone, they back off. That's why he had it.

That's just stupid, really. Because that puts the opinion in the hands of others. Self defense should ONLY be about your reasonable opinion.
No one knows for sure if they're going to need a gun for self defense. Even Kyle Rittenhouse didn't know he was going to need self defense. But had that happened in your state, someone else would've decided that Kyle knew he was going to need it.

See what I mean? I may not be describing that very well

Both Rittenhouse and these three would have been charged in my state because they intentionally put themselves in a violent situation. You can't do that here. If you see a crime, call the police and let them handle it. If you see a violent situation like a mob and are armed, you are required by law not to address that mob yet alone take actions to piss them off.

In Wisconsin, apparently you can go into a bikers bar, finish your beer and while leaving the establishment, yell ALL BIKERS ARE PUSSIES. Then when a few come outside and attack you, legally allowed to gun them down dead. Again, you can't do that here. We are very liberal with our gun laws and even recently have a Stand Your Ground law, but we don't want our armed citizen taking matters into their own hands. Your gun is to defend yourself when you are unexpectedly attacked.

I hope they're found innocent. Because from what I saw, Arbery running a long ways towards McMichael. Then when he caught up to them, he charged at Greg (the dad).

There's a bodycam video of an incident with him and a cop. Arbery got real mad, real fast. Over nothing. "Why you fucking with me." As if since he was black, the cops had no right approaching or questioning him.
Real thug like.

They chased Arbery not the other way around. They cornered and killed him. Like Wisconsin, they are welcome to make their own laws, but again, here you cannot deliberately put yourself into a situation where it's likely you will be attacked and then have to use your firearm.

Travis McMichael already testified that he brought the gun to coerce compliance by threat of force.

He said when you point a gun at someone, they back off. That's why he had it.

And now he faces prison. It doesn't matter why he brought the gun. What matters is they chased Arbery with it and then used the gun when he attacked them. Like the Rittenhouse case, it all could have been avoided by the people with the gun by simply letting the police handle the matter.

And now he faces prison. It doesn't matter why he brought the gun. What matters is they chased Arbery with it and then used the gun when he attacked them. Like the Rittenhouse case, it all could have been avoided by the people with the gun by simply letting the police handle the matter.
It matters. The fact that they were using the threat of force while chasing Arbery is part of the illegality of their actions on that day.

It is a felony to chase someone down threatening their lives.

It matters. The fact that they were using the threat of force while chasing Arbery is part of the illegality of their actions on that day.

No it's not, but it is a felony when you use the weapon. You can chase anybody you want with or without a gun, but you lose the right to self-defense once you use that weapon.

People on the left are constantly trying to disarm law abiding citizens. It's cases like this they use to support their stance. These people give the rest of us a bad name so when they misuse their firearms, I'm against them.

You don't think it's a felony to chase someone down with a gun and threaten their lives?

I do.

Okay, what law are they violating? It's not assault, it's not stalking. That was a point brought up in the Zimmerman trial when he chased Martin. No law against it.

Wrong. They suspected Arbery of committing a felony crime (which was true). The law in that state allows that.

Arbery wasn’t cornered, he could had run away in any other direction. Instead he charged a man with a gun and tried to take it from him. It was fired in self defense.

They chased Arbery not the other way around. They cornered and killed him. Like Wisconsin, they are welcome to make their own laws, but again, here you cannot deliberately put yourself into a situation where it's likely you will be attacked and then have to use your firearm.

The video show's Arbery in view of McMichael and the vehicle stop at least 100yards in front of his. And ran towards them. Maybe he was tired of being chase, and said to hell with it, and decided to have it out with them. IDK. But the McMichael's were parked in the road, a ways up for Arbery, and Arbery ran towards them. From the passengers side of the vehicle, he made a sharp left, and in a fraction of a second, was on Greg grabbing (for) his gun.
The McMichael's had not been chasing Arbery for several minutes. Those are facts from the trial.

What was their cause for suspicion of committing what felony crime?

Things have been stolen from the house before. The owner put up security camera's and caught Arbery inside the house, when contractors were not around. From what the camera show, it almost looks like Arbery seen the new camera and bolted from the residence. It shows him running out of the house. Then apparently he noticed the neighbor watching him.

Have the threats been proven? Or is it just hearsay?

The video show's Arbery in view of McMichael and the vehicle stop at least 100yards in front of his. And ran towards them. Maybe he was tired of being chase, and said to hell with it, and decided to have it out with them. IDK. But the McMichael's were parked in the road, a ways up for Arbery, and Arbery ran towards them. From the passengers side of the vehicle, he made a sharp left, and in a fraction of a second, was on Greg grabbing (for) his gun.
The McMichael's had not been chasing Arbery for several minutes. Those are facts from the trial.
Why did Travis jump out of his vehicle with a loaded gun? Why didn't he just drive on up the road if Ahmaud was 100 yards from him, that's the length of a football field. Why did Greg say, " He was cornered like a rat" if they weren't chasing him. Why did Greg say, "Stop GD or I will shoot you". Explain that.

Have the threats been proven? Or is it just hearsay?
McMichael was quoted by the police telling Arbery stop or he’ll blow his head off.

But just the fact that you chase a person down with a gun is enough to be a threat.

Forum List

Back