arbery trial and race

they will do time. i think the states need to make videos on what proper citizens arrest is if there allowing them.

It wasn't even a citizens arrest. They just hunted this guy down and killed him. I don't know how race got to be part of this just because they were white.

One of the first things we were taught in class is after we are licensed CCW carriers, we are not the police, nor should we assume their role. Your gun is to protect you, your family, and yes, even strangers you believe are in need of help against an attacker.

Maybe you're carrying too heavy.
A .380 Sig may be the ticket!

No it's not the weight really. I carry my 9mm and most of it is plastic believe it or not. Nice cheap gun to carry around, but it has a 15 round mag. It's just that annoying back holster, or in the winter time like now, strapping on my shoulder holster.

They both made a ton of money of keeping race disputes alive. While Sharpton went public and made money that way, Jackson was the first US legal extortionist. Whenever the least little hint at race came up with a company or organization, he'd threaten to get his followers behind them by labeling them racist unless they coughed up money for his organization.
Racism has been very lucrative financially for Jackson and Sharpton.

It wasn't even a citizens arrest. They just hunted this guy down and killed him. I don't know how race got to be part of this just because they were white.

One of the first things we were taught in class is after we are licensed CCW carriers, we are not the police, nor should we assume their role. Your gun is to protect you, your family, and yes, even strangers you believe are in need of help against an attacker.
ohh im not gun person sop gun rules and laws are new to me. they will get time.

After watching this video over and over and over. Listening to other people and their opinions, at this point I'm going to say that McMichaels acted in self defense. I didn't want to. I wanted this dude to be guilty. Maybe it was the documentary I'd watched some time ago, about McMichael, and how they portrayed him as a racist.

A racist he may very well be. BUT, there's no denying that Arbery charged him and either went for his gun barrel, or attempted to move it out of his way so he could get to McMichael. None the less, still charging.
Had McMichael shot him when Arbery was on the passenger side of the vehicle, that would've been murder. But that's not what happened.

That's what I thought at first too. But the way Arbery turned left and darted towards McMichael, that's self defense. Especially if he's going for your gun.

McMichael looks like a real POS racist. And may very well be. But as you said, this has nothing to do with race. They were chasing someone they thought was a thief. Since Arbery charged at McMichael, then it's game changer. It goes from McMichael being the aggressor to Arbery. Following someone after they're caught breaking the law (even trespassing) isn't against the law. Having a weapon on you, in this case, wasn't against the law.
Honestly, Arbery darting towards McMichael wasn't against the law. But this is where self defense comes into play.

This is from the Arbery trial.

"Believes is necessary." Of course necessary has to be reasonable. I think it's reasonable when someone is that close to you, coming quickly. If they just wanted to shoot him, McMichael would've walked towards the back of the truck and shot him at a safe distance.

SelfDefense.jpg

That's what I thought at first too. But the way Arbery turned left and darted towards McMichael, that's self defense. Especially if he's going for your gun.

McMichael looks like a real POS racist. And may very well be. But as you said, this has nothing to do with race. They were chasing someone they thought was a thief. Since Arbery charged at McMichael, then it's game changer. It goes from McMichael being the aggressor to Arbery. Following someone after they're caught breaking the law (even trespassing) isn't against the law. Having a weapon on you, in this case, wasn't against the law.
Honestly, Arbery darting towards McMichael wasn't against the law. But this is where self defense comes into play.

This is from the Arbery trial.

"Believes is necessary." Of course necessary has to be reasonable. I think it's reasonable when someone is that close to you, coming quickly. If they just wanted to shoot him, McMichael would've walked towards the back of the truck and shot him at a safe distance.

View attachment 567047

I'm not really into this case to do the research yet, but as a CCW holder in my state, if you deliberately put yourself in a position where you'd need a gun for self-defense, you lose your right to self-defense.

You see, we have to live under a different set of rules when carrying. We have to avoid conflict, not put ourselves in a position like these jokers did, and do everything possible to avoid having to use your firearm. In other words, they should have called the cops and left it at that.

One of the first things we were taught was after we get our CCW license, we are merely armed citizens. We are not police, nor to assume their role simply because they are not around at the time. So we'll see how it goes. If their laws are anything like ours, these guys will be found guilty because they didn't do everything possible to avoid a violent conflict.

I'm not really into this case to do the research yet, but as a CCW holder in my state, if you deliberately put yourself in a position where you'd need a gun for self-defense, you lose your right to self-defense.

That's just stupid, really. Because that puts the opinion in the hands of others. Self defense should ONLY be about your reasonable opinion.
No one knows for sure if they're going to need a gun for self defense. Even Kyle Rittenhouse didn't know he was going to need self defense. But had that happened in your state, someone else would've decided that Kyle knew he was going to need it.

See what I mean? I may not be describing that very well
You see, we have to live under a different set of rules when carrying. We have to avoid conflict, not put ourselves in a position like these jokers did, and do everything possible to avoid having to use your firearm. In other words, they should have called the cops and left it at that.

Maybe they should've. But if I catch a thief coming out of my neighbors house, I'm going to follow him to. I've chased thieves before, to make sure he was caught. When seconds count, cops are just minutes away. I wasn't trying to catch him. But in this case, the McMichaels were parked, and Arbery ran up on them.
Sure, there was 100 other ways this could've/should've went down. There's no doubt about that. But Greg was ex police, or something to that effect. So he wasn't going to back away when Arbery was running towards him.
But in his defense, when Arbery went for his gun, he did try to back away.
One of the first things we were taught was after we get our CCW license, we are merely armed citizens. We are not police, nor to assume their role simply because they are not around at the time. So we'll see how it goes. If their laws are anything like ours, these guys will be found guilty because they didn't do everything possible to avoid a violent conflict.

I hope they're found innocent. Because from what I saw, Arbery running a long ways towards McMichael. Then when he caught up to them, he charged at Greg (the dad).

There's a bodycam video of an incident with him and a cop. Arbery got real mad, real fast. Over nothing. "Why you fucking with me." As if since he was black, the cops had no right approaching or questioning him.
Real thug like.

Sharpton and jackson need to suck the business end of a shotgun and do the world a favor. Those 2 assholes have done nothing but set back race relations in the past decade.
Yea right, you hate men like Rev. Sharpton and Jackson because they are not boot lickers like Candace Owens, Larry Elder, Uncle Ben Carson, etc.. They don't go along to get along and HOPE you might do the right thing.

That's just stupid, really. Because that puts the opinion in the hands of others. Self defense should ONLY be about your reasonable opinion.
No one knows for sure if they're going to need a gun for self defense. Even Kyle Rittenhouse didn't know he was going to need self defense. But had that happened in your state, someone else would've decided that Kyle knew he was going to need it.

Maybe they should've. But if I catch a thief coming out of my neighbors house, I'm going to follow him to. I've chased thieves before, to make sure he was caught. When seconds count, cops are just minutes away. I wasn't trying to catch him. But in this case, the McMichaels were parked, and Arbery ran up on them.
Sure, there was 100 other ways this could've/should've went down. There's no doubt about that. But Greg was ex police, or something to that effect. So he wasn't going to back away when Arbery was running towards him.

I hope they're found innocent. Because from what I saw, Arbery running a long ways towards McMichael. Then when he caught up to them, he charged at Greg (the dad).

There's a bodycam video of an incident with him and a cop. Arbery got real mad, real fast. Over nothing. "Why you fucking with me." As if since he was black, the cops had no right approaching or questioning him.
Real thug like.
Yea real responsible telling a man, "Stop or I will blow your GD head off". They were only parked because Bryan pushed him to them and they stopped when they caught up with him. It's amazing how folks like you try to justify this bullshit. The McMichaels or Bryan never saw Ahmaud commit a crime that day. Why do you right wing clowns think you can take the Law into your own hands? This is 2021 not 1921 when you could run down a black man, murder him and go home to dinner and tell everyone how you did it.

Do you think they would have done the same thing if Ahmaud were white?

Real thug like.

Do you build homes?

Forum List

Back