Are all people in the Tea Party stupid are just the ones they put on TV

I think this is good piece, as far it goes, boedicca. The Tea Party had its chance to reject the haters in its midst, and did not.

I appreciate the activism of any American...but for me, the Tea Party boat has long since sailed.

Madeline, just as for ME, the vast majority of the members of the Democratic and Republican Party's boats have already sailed. As a CONSERVATIVE, there are very few politicians out there that I can even CONSIDER supporting. Hell, the last CONSERVATIVE elected official in Washington DC was ANDREW JACKSON.

It would seem to me that you're a much larger supporter of the Democratic Party. That's fine. For me their ship has sailed because they have refused to reject the Anti-Gun, Anti-Traditional Values, Anti-America, Anti-Capitalist elements on the fringe of their party.

I think this is good piece, as far it goes, boedicca. The Tea Party had its chance to reject the haters in its midst, and did not.

I appreciate the activism of any American...but for me, the Tea Party boat has long since sailed.

Madeline, just as for ME, the vast majority of the members of the Democratic and Republican Party's boats have already sailed. As a CONSERVATIVE, there are very few politicians out there that I can even CONSIDER supporting. Hell, the last CONSERVATIVE elected official in Washington DC was ANDREW JACKSON.

It would seem to me that you're a much larger supporter of the Democratic Party. That's fine. For me their ship has sailed because they have refused to reject the Anti-Gun, Anti-Traditional Values, Anti-America, Anti-Capitalist elements on the fringe of their party.

Thus my anger, Anachronism. I am not not not a good Democrat....I agree with your points and I would add, they seem to think money is grown on trees. I'm not a Libertarian...so where do I go?

I had a home in the GOP, and I feel as if I am losing it.

And this is why the Tea Party will continue to act to protect our liberty, despite all the attacks from the Big Government Cronyists:

Over almost a century, under the influence of the Progressives and their heirs—the proponents of the New Deal, the Great Society, and Barack Obama’s New Foundation we have experienced a gradual consolidation of power in the federal government. Legislative responsibilities have been transferred to administrative agencies lodged within the executive—such as the Environmental Protection Agency, the Federal Communications Commission, and the vast array of bodies established under the recent health-care reform—and these have been delegated in an ever increasing number of spheres the authority to issue rules and regulations that have the force of law.

In the process, the state and local governments have become dependent on federal largesse, which always comes with strings attached in the form of funded or unfunded “mandates” designed to make these governments fall in line with federal policy. Civic agency, rooted as it normally is in locality, has withered as the localities have lost their leverage. The civic associations so admired by Alexis de Tocqueville have for the most part become lobbying operations with offices in Washington focused on influencing federal policy, and many of them have also become recipients of government grants and reliable instruments for the implementation of federal policy.

The Tea Party movement is, however, testimony to the fact that all is not lost. When confronted in a brazen fashion with the tyrannical impulse underpinning the administrative state, ordinary Americans from all walks of life are still capable of fighting back. It is easy enough to mock. Like all spontaneous popular movements, the Tea Party has attracted its fair share of cranks: it would have been a miracle if it had not attracted those who are obsessed with the question of Barack Obama’s birth certificate or the heavy-handed and ineffective procedures adopted by the Transportation Security Agency.

But it should be reassuring rather than frightening to the American elite that at the dawn of the third millennium, Americans know to become nervous and watchful when a presidential candidate who has presented himself to the public as a moderate devotee of bipartisanship intent on eliminating waste in federal programs suddenly endorses “spreading the wealth around” and on the eve of his election speaks of “fundamentally transforming America.” It should be of comfort to them that a small-business owner in Nebraska believes he has reason to express public qualms when a prospective White House chief of staff, in the midst of an economic downturn, announces that the new administration is not about to “let a serious crisis go to waste” and that it intends to exploit that crisis as “an opportunity to do things you couldn’t do before.” And it should be a source of pride to elites that the philosophical superstructure of the United States demonstrated extraordinary durability when a significant number of their fellow citizens refused to sit silent after an administration implied the inadequacy of the founding by promoting itself as the New Foundation, and after the head of government specifically questioned the special place of the United States in the world by denying “American exceptionalism.”

Most important, it should be humbling to those elites that ordinary American citizens choose spontaneously to enter the political arena in droves, concert opposition, speak up in a forthright manner, and oust a host of entrenched office holders when they learn that a system of punitive taxation is in the offing, when they are repeatedly told what they know to be false—that, under the new health-care system that the administration is intent on establishing, benefits will be extended and costs reduced and no one will lose the coverage he already has—and when they discover that Medicare is to be gutted, that medical care is to be rationed, and that citizens who have no desire to purchase health insurance are going to be forced to do so.

In 1776, when George Mason drafted the Virginia Declaration of Rights, he included a provision reflecting what the revolutionaries had learned from the long period of struggle between Court and Country in England and in America: “that no free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue and by frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.” What we are witnessing with the Tea Party movement is one of the periodic recurrences to fundamental principles that typify and revivify the American experiment in self-government....

How to Think About the Tea Party « Commentary Magazine

^^^that is a lie maddy

Thus my anger, Anachronism. I am not not not a good Democrat....I agree with your points and I would add, they seem to think money is grown on trees. I'm not a Libertarian...so where do I go?

Agreed :(

Bite me, mani.

hate-is-the-abomination-1-inch-icon3.jpg

I will suggest that you do as I do....

For the most part I IGNORE the elections. IF (and that's a HUGE "IF") there is a candidate that I feel I can vote FOR, I will go in and vote for them. If there isn't, I stay home. On an average ballot here in Massachusetts I MAY be able to vote for a candidate in as many as THREE elected offices on a twelve to fifteen office ballot some years. I ALWAYS vote on the ballot questions. I have gotten some ODD looks over the years when my ballot goes through the machine with only a few marks on it.

In the FIVE Presidential elections I've been allowed to vote in, I've voted Republican twice, Independent twice, and skipped that line once. In the future, I can just write my name in on the line if I choose (now that I'm over 35).

Those guys are uneducated idiotic brain-dead morons.

But do they really represent the typical supporter of the Tea Party?

How does Maddie even know that they are not people just like her that hate people who associate with the "ideals" of the "tea party" and are not just out there trying to make those people look like jackasses? I'm not saying they are, but there is no proof that they are not.

Immie

For the most part I IGNORE the elections. IF (and that's a HUGE "IF") there is a candidate that I feel I can vote FOR, I will go in and vote for them. If there isn't, I stay home. On an average ballot here in Massachusetts I MAY be able to vote for a candidate in as many as THREE elected offices on a twelve to fifteen office ballot some years. I ALWAYS vote on the ballot questions. I have gotten some ODD looks over the years when my ballot goes through the machine with only a few marks on it.

In the FIVE Presidential elections I've been allowed to vote in, I've voted Republican twice, Independent twice, and skipped that line once. In the future, I can just write my name in on the line if I choose (now that I'm over 35).

This ain't my way, Anachronism. I been active in state and local politics for my whole life, and I have been a Republican for like 30 years now.

I cannot just sit by and watch the GOP morph into some sort of White Christian Party. I just can't.

Apparently, Maddie is 'more educated and more experienced' than I. She may be older - that I will admit.... She's closer to my Mom's age than mine..... and yet, I have rarely come across a less educated and less experienced woman in my (much shorter) life.

You're a sad old bitch, Maddie. And you remain the only female on this board to call other women 'c*nts'. I feel sorry for you but you really are stupid.

This ain't my way, Anachronism. I been active in state and local politics for my whole life, and I have been a Republican for like 30 years now.

I cannot just sit by and watch the GOP morph into some sort of White Christian Party. I just can't.

Holy smokes, :eusa_whistle:

Fine. You disagree?

Prove it, Stephanie.

You cannot inform the dialogue here with an emoticon.

Apparently, Maddie is 'more educated and more experienced' than I. She may be older - that I will admit.... She's closer to my Mom's age than mine..... and yet, I have rarely come across a less educated and less experienced woman in my (much shorter) life.

You're a sad old bitch, Maddie. And you remain the only female on this board to call other women 'c*nts'. I feel sorry for you but you really are stupid.

School on the 4th of July.......

Fine. You disagree?

Prove it, Stephanie.

You cannot inform the dialogue here with an emoticon.

I thought it the only thing fitting for that stupid statement you made.

What total bullshit. Why am I not surprised? The only reason you're so 'whoo hoo' for Obama is because he's black. You are so scared of race that you'll support a man who wants to trash the Constitution, just so you're 'acceptable' to the left. You cowardly little ignorant woman.

More broad-brushing by the OP....

color me "unsurprised" as you paint....

Meh, you can dismiss my feelings if you wish, Dr. House. I am not alone in how I see things, and a substantive reply might better serve your interests.

Or not.

If you have nothing to argue from, you say nothing, I guess.

Meh, you can dismiss my feelings if you wish, Dr. House. I am not alone in how I see things, and a substantive reply might better serve your interests.

Or not.

If you have nothing to argue from, you say nothing, I guess.
you have been DUPED

Forum List

Back