Are Americans Too Dependent On Government?

Are Americans Too Dependent On Government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
In light of this current Government Shutdown, I think it's an appropriate time to contemplate this question.

What do you figure the percentage of the population is that is completely independent, that is, relying on neither the government or an employer for making their way through life?

What do you figure the percentage of the population is that is completely independent, that is, relying on neither the government or an employer for making their way through life?

Just asking if Americans have become too dependent on Government. I mean if you're struggling to make it through a 'Government Shutdown' that's not really a Shutdown, you are very likely too dependent on Government. What's gonna happen when far worse disasters strike? Maybe the 'Preppers' have the right idea after all?

In light of this current Government Shutdown, I think it's an appropriate time to contemplate this question.

Some Americans are completely dependent on government as their sugar daddy.

Some Americans don't need the government for a single thing, nothing.

Some Americans could care less either way, will take it or leave it as it comes and goes.

Your question is to broad and syntactically incorrect. Use "too" when "also" would work, use "to" when also would not work.

If you're having trouble surviving this 'Government Shutdown', it is likely you're too dependent on Government. What's gonna happen to you when the Collapse happens? So many like to laugh at so-called 'Preppers', but it looks like they're gonna have the last laugh.

I was a prepper back when the nuke war was suppose to happen, 1980's.
Many people would tell me I was stupid and they didn't want to survive to live in a world after a nuclear exchange.

False premise

Epic failure....

Why do you deflect from the OP?

False premise

Epic failure....

So in other words, you don't know.

Why bother responding if you can't answer a simple question?

Wth kind of a comparison is that. Do you suppose there's any limit to the size the government can become?

Some Americans could care less either way, will take it or leave it as it comes and goes.

Your question is to broad and syntactically incorrect. Use "too" when "also" would work, use "to" when also would not work.

Good post and spot on.

I know loads of folks who don't need Govt for anything and I'm one of em.

We all know though that there are all kind out there who depend on the taxpayer dollars to survive. Hell. One has to wonder what these folks would do if the spigot went dry and they had to earn their own money??

False premise

Epic failure....

So in other words, you don't know.

Why bother responding if you can't answer a simple question?

Because the question is an epic failure to the op.

Good post and spot on.

I know loads of folks who don't need Govt for anything and I'm one of em.

We all know though that there are all kind out there who depend on the taxpayer dollars to survive. Hell. One has to wonder what these folks would do if the spigot went dry and they had to earn their own money??

And many earn a good living doing good works for us that are completely reasonable and valuable for all of us. So it's just not a one size fits all simple subject. Unfortunately, the democrats will see any agreement that some government is good as admission that everything should be done by government hands.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back