Are Americans Too Dependent On Government?

Are Americans Too Dependent On Government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Americans have always needed their US federal govt.

Not really.

The only time we actually need the federal government is when we are attacked by a foreign power.

For our day to day lives we hardly need the federal government at all.

Example, the government is closed and most of us haven't even noticed.

Not really.

The only time we actually need the federal government is when we are attacked by a foreign power.

Keep in mind the government may be "closed" but the Military is still up and running, the post office is still working and people are still getting social security checks, its not really fully closed, people just aren't getting paid.

Not really.

Keep in mind the government may be "closed" but the Military is still up and running, the post office is still working and people are still getting social security checks, its not really fully closed, people just aren't getting paid.

Noted.

The ones sponging are still recieving their welfare checks and food stamps, only federal employees are not getting paid.

funny how obama is threatening to withold SS checks, but not welfare checks.

You know what is really sad though HG? While we are not paying our own government workers, citizens of the USA because of the shutdown, we are still sending billions in aid to terrorist nations like egypt, libya, syria. disgusting. that should be the first stuff cut.

I agree 100%, plus how is it we had money to bomb Syria a few weeks ago, and now we can't even pay our own employees? sweet Jesus!

i know, its not like this was unexpected. politics are killing our country. both sides are guilty.

Tell that to the small business diner owner, gas station owner, convienence store owner who rely on business around bases or national parks.

Don't rely on Government to make your Business a success. That would be a very tragic blunder.

Okay, then that would wipe out about 90% of businesses in America. Unless you and your buddies are good at maintaining highways, bridges, water, sanitation....etc I guess you could go back to outhouses?

No one's suggesting no Government. Just much less. And again, don't rely on Government to make or break your business. In fact, these days our Government is hindering small business success.

are we talking all americans or just the ones sponging off the system?

The ones sponging are still recieving their welfare checks and food stamps, only federal employees are not getting paid.

funny how obama is threatening to withold SS checks, but not welfare checks.

You know what is really sad though HG? While we are not paying our own government workers, citizens of the USA because of the shutdown, we are still sending billions in aid to terrorist nations like egypt, libya, syria. disgusting. that should be the first stuff cut.

Him and the Democrats are playing the 'Make it hurt more' game. It's very dirty. They have plenty of money to spend on their own personal agendas. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if Obama heads off on another lavish Vacation any day now. Stay tuned.

Some big lessons learned with this Shutdown. You can survive without Big Brother's iron fist interference in your life. In fact, you'll likely thrive. And if you are struggling to survive this Shutdown, it proves that you're far too dependent on Government. I think this Shutdown has actually done a lot of good.

Personally, i'm in full agreement with the Poll results. There are many lessons to be learned from this Shutdown. For most, it hasn't effected their lives much at all. They're dealing with it and surviving just fine. But for some, it's been very tough. And for those people, it's clear they are far too dependent on Government. But even for those it hasn't really effected, they've learned that their Government can be bitter & cruel. The President's behavior throughout has been especially disappointing. I mean come on, paying Goons to stop American Citizens from taking photos of Mount Rushmore? In America? His behavior has been that of a petty tyrant.

My own personal feeling is that Americans need to start becoming more self-sufficient and independent. Because the Collapse is coming. This current Welfare/Warfare State cannot be sustained forever. I would recommend being prepared. Human Beings are just animals in the end. They will do anything to survive. It will not be pretty when the Gravy Train derails. It would be wise to be in a position to protect yourself and your loved ones. But then again, i'm sure that's just crazy Conspiracy Theory stuff...Or is it?

Forum List

Back