Are any here against contraception? If so, why?

I’m not against it, but I also don’t view it as the end all be all solution to the abortion debate.

Why, because it can give people a false sense of security. I mean, it sometimes fails even in the best of circumstances, so of course its going to fail when you throw it at people who are already immature and irresponsible.

I think the problem is that when it comes to sex, many young people are either ignorant of cause-and-effect, or purposely conditioned to completely ignore cause-and-effect.

The reason I say that is because many young singles who end up with an unwanted pregnancy are shocked and baffled, with an attitude of “how could this have happened???“ They act as if it’s like getting struck by lightning, like a fluke thing that is completely out of one’s control. They can’t believe that it actually happened to them. Well it’s called cause-and-effect. Whether one wants to get pregnant or not doesn’t change the reality that sex is an act that can bring a new human being (if one is within childbearing years of course.)

Apart from the severely retarded, everyone should know this. And when one does know this, there is no longer an excuse. Because they should also know that birth control is not foolproof. The only thing that is foolproof is not having sex if you aren’t ready to accept the consequences of your actions.

Simple question.
Me. I am against it. Artificial birth control removes the sharing and procreative aspects of sex. It turns sex into a purely mechanical act. It also causes women to be uncommitted to, therefore objectified. The notion of the government passing condoms out in middle and high schools is horrifying. It's government encouraging uncommitted sex by minors. Banning artificial birth control is one of the wisest policies of the Catholic Church. The rhythm method is like fasting. Ten days of abstention whets the fires of passion even more. And you're a better person for it. My wife and I have been married 34 years and have never used artificial contraception. Ever.

Simple question.
It introduces something artificial, unnatural into the marriage act

it in a sense objectifies women, making them an object of pleasure and sometimes little more than that...

Natural family planning is... surprisingly, natural

both husband and wife work with t he woman's fertility cycle to avoid or achieve pregnancy... no unnatural chemicals or devices involved

and God approves of it

I’m not against it, but I also don’t view it as the end all be all solution to the abortion debate.

Why, because it can give people a false sense of security. I mean, it sometimes fails even in the best of circumstances, so of course its going to fail when you throw it at people who are already immature and irresponsible.

I think the problem is that when it comes to sex, many young people are either ignorant of cause-and-effect, or purposely conditioned to completely ignore cause-and-effect.

The reason I say that is because many young singles who end up with an unwanted pregnancy are shocked and baffled, with an attitude of “how could this have happened???“ They act as if it’s like getting struck by lightning, like a fluke thing that is completely out of one’s control. They can’t believe that it actually happened to them. Well it’s called cause-and-effect. Whether one wants to get pregnant or not doesn’t change the reality that sex is an act that can bring a new human being (if one is within childbearing years of course.)

Apart from the severely retarded, everyone should know this. And when one does know this, there is no longer an excuse. Because they should also know that birth control is not foolproof. The only thing that is foolproof is not having sex if you aren’t ready to accept the consequences of your actions.

Responsibility, unfortunately, is a foreign concept to our peers in the electorate who have only ever been encouraged to adopt an entitlement mentality.

It's a completely foreign concept. It is a predictable outcome, however, given the gradual erosion of virtue in an increasingly secular progressive society.

This gradual erosion of virtue is without a doubt the biggest threat to Individual liberty in our Republic today.

Last edited:
That lie has been debunked multiple times.
Hmm. I don't think so. I posted the video where he said it. He said that after a baby is delivered, care can be withheld with the intent to kill it. That's what I heard him say.

And he is a pediatrician, so I think he knows exactly what he was talking about when he carefully described what actually happens, based on his own experience.

Please debunk it for me. I must have missed that, as I focused on his own words and not some political opinion piece.

Thanks,
Jim

Simple question.
Shoguns of Shotgun Weddings

I don't see any difference between people against birth control and people against abortion. Both believe in the "Leave It Up to God" passivity.

So how did the Evangelicals back before the 60s change their mind about birth control? What arguments do they use today to oppose the Catholic view on it?

Why is the subject of contraception on the political forum? Because of Roe v Wade. What is Roe v Wade about? Among other things it's about the murder of full term babies and a grotesque way that nobody on the left wants to talk about.
The cases that underpin Roe came from contraception cases.

Doesn’t matter married or not and I am pointing out your claim they are kids seeing that they can get married at sixteen…
Yes, it matters a lot whether they are married or not. A 16-y/o getting married at least shows some level of maturity. 99.9% of 16 year olds having sex are not married. They are being damaged. It's sexual assault against a child.

Forum List

Back