🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links

Chris Rock is not the person to cite on this topic.

But this man is.

Why white Americans don’t see themselves when they hear the word ‘race’

So do us a favor, provide to us the list of laws and policies enacted by blacks that were done to deny whites or you Asians equal opportunity.

Because:

Why Do We Call Asian Americans The Model Minority? | AJ+

Stay puppitized because you are dumb and this is expected.

Affirmative action has been said to deny whites equal opportunity based upon equal access in the past or present.

Free apartments, free welfare, free medical, and free cell phones are just some other things that disincentivizes the will to work, and causes whites and working class blacks to say Hmmmm when they are busting their aces to make ends meet, yet you have others thinking about how many babies they can have in order to increase the free government benefits while letting the baby makers off the hook. Yeah, yeah, yeah we know that it is no longer an exclusive affair, because whites, and others are joining the ranks of poverty these days quicker than one can say "millennials lost in the wilderness".

Hollywood and the feds under certain power's figured long ago that it would use it's powerful platforms, judges etc in order to help level the playing fields, so it took years of telling and teaching the whites about their white guilt in which they should carry with themselves all the days of their lives, and teaching the blacks to make sure that they (the whites) do carry it with them all the days of their lives.

Then we have all black college's, but they better not find any all white college's etc. Pathetic.

It can all be a one sided thing that is continually positioning itself for power to either allow for a hold out or cause somebody to get broken down in these struggles..... In all isolated cases you have either one or the other ending up suffering in the situations, yet it's all dependent upon which racist "black or white" controls or wins the battle for that day in the situation, and in any case for their groups being represented.

The plan was to create Harmony and assimilation over time, but when you interject racist or cultural practices that end up repulsing one side or the other, then you get chaos on either side of the issues.

If going to create Harmony, then the powers that be can't allow one side to use the open doorway to get revenge for the past by being the very same thing in which they were battling to overcome. It is a problem.

Never will I see blacks as being a problem based upon their skin color, and hopefully they look at me in the same way. I have what I hope are some great black friends, and hopefully I don't ever find out otherwise.

Character is the key as Martin Luther King stated, and how right he was.

Hey Beagle 9, let the black friends you claim to have see your post here and you won’t have them any longer. I can see that you think your black friends are lucky and should share your opinions on this subject. It’s obvious from your post that you are a racist, you spout all of the racist rhetoric, but consider yourself tolerant. The Black college thing you reference, shows that you have subscribed to a lie spun to infer some advantage over White schools. In truth all historically Black colleges were integrated from the beginning. They were established to give black students the chance for a college education in a time where admissions of blacks to white schools was prohibited. Whites were never prohibited from attending Black colleges. Then your assertions that Blacks exist to make Whites feel guilty about slavery and racism, so then it follows that Blacks are responsible for White guilt and not the racist history and cultural racism of whites themselves. So in your world Blacks themselves are at fault for the racism of whites, and that Black actions to gain long denied rights a legitimate reason for denying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IM2, are you still looking for that free payday from the whites ?? Get over it brother.
You do realize that not all legal action is about money right? People file lawsuits to change discriminatory policy, to seek recompense for harm that others have inflicted which isn't always monetary.

One the questions that the courts ask is "how were you treated differently than similarly situation individuals"? We could go on about that all day before we even get to the topic of reparations which I see as highly unlikely because that would essentially destroy the whole racist foundation on which the U.S.'s past was built. To pay reparations would mean that they would have to formally and legally admit that the legalized and institutional racism of the United States of America was not only wrong but that it caused quantifiable and tangible "damages" that need to be paid in order to try to compensate for harm that cannot be undone.

I just don't see that ever happening.

Insulting person? Lol. I never said what blacks do or do not experience. You seem to think everything you experience is relevant, but what white people experience is not.

Wrong answer lady. All your posts amount to is what about me I'm white. You've not experienced what we have. I'm sure you've not lived in flowery beds of ease, but you have not experienced what we have. You are here talking about how you had back supervisors and how race was never an issue on the job. Race is not supposed to be an issue on the job. You don't know how they felt, you don't know what they've been through. I'm here in a forum full of racists and you want me to be concerned with the experiences of people who think I'm an ape and who think they get to make endless racist opinions about our culture like you do.
You cant find any of my opinion to be racist because none were

Well actually you have made many. You see I don't play the game of prove it when people call me racist and never show proof. Or when I ask to be shown that racism is over and no one answers but keeps talking about how it's a thing of the past. Kinda like what you do.
Anyone can read racism from your posts, not mine.

You can't read what's not there. Your claim of racism like the rest of the white racists is bogus. Racism is not pointing out white racism. If that is what you think, then you are the racist because all you want is to be racist with no opposition.
Whoever "thanked" your post is as clueless as you

Passive-Aggressive Racism In America

This is Correll and everyone other white racist here with the exception of the most overt ones.

Thank you for posting this video. I've used the term passive-aggressive to describe the behavior of specific individuals in my environment but I've never thought to extend it to racism. Sometimes it's kind of hard to know what exactly they're freaking out on because I'm a triple minority with an additional attribute that can always be used to allegedly quantify me as a "threat".

In truth all historically Black colleges were integrated from the beginning. They were established to give black students the chance for a college education in a time where admissions of blacks to white schools was prohibited. Whites were never prohibited from attending Black colleges.
I just wanted to reiterate this portion of your comment. Thank you.

When did colleges prohibit Blacks from being admitted to college if they had the proper academic record and financial resources? Harvard University admitted American Indians back in the 1600's to see if they could learn stuff. Did not work out too well as a result of DNA but one or two graduated. Howard University on the other hand was set up after the Civil War specifically for Blacks.

image.php

image.php

This is one of the first subjects I talked about when I started posting on message boards. Are Blacks on average more racist than whites?
I've always believed that they are. Something that I discovered growing up was that almost every black in America thinks about race every day, whereas most whites don't. There's a reason for this, but this simple fact is being used by the left to divide America.

A Rassmussen survey asked the question 5 years ago, and my guess is it would be even worse today.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving. However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

------------------

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.​

image.php

Links

Chris Rock is not the person to cite on this topic.

But this man is.

Why white Americans don’t see themselves when they hear the word ‘race’

So do us a favor, provide to us the list of laws and policies enacted by blacks that were done to deny whites or you Asians equal opportunity.

Because:

Why Do We Call Asian Americans The Model Minority? | AJ+

Stay puppitized because you are dumb and this is expected.

Affirmative action has been said to deny whites equal opportunity based upon equal access in the past or present.

Free apartments, free welfare, free medical, and free cell phones are just some other things that disincentivizes the will to work, and causes whites and working class blacks to say Hmmmm when they are busting their aces to make ends meet, yet you have others thinking about how many babies they can have in order to increase the free government benefits while letting the baby makers off the hook. Yeah, yeah, yeah we know that it is no longer an exclusive affair, because whites, and others are joining the ranks of poverty these days quicker than one can say "millennials lost in the wilderness".

Hollywood and the feds under certain power's figured long ago that it would use it's powerful platforms, judges etc in order to help level the playing fields, so it took years of telling and teaching the whites about their white guilt in which they should carry with themselves all the days of their lives, and teaching the blacks to make sure that they (the whites) do carry it with them all the days of their lives.

Then we have all black college's, but they better not find any all white college's etc. Pathetic.

It can all be a one sided thing that is continually positioning itself for power to either allow for a hold out or cause somebody to get broken down in these struggles..... In all isolated cases you have either one or the other ending up suffering in the situations, yet it's all dependent upon which racist "black or white" controls or wins the battle for that day in the situation, and in any case for their groups being represented.

The plan was to create Harmony and assimilation over time, but when you interject racist or cultural practices that end up repulsing one side or the other, then you get chaos on either side of the issues.

If going to create Harmony, then the powers that be can't allow one side to use the open doorway to get revenge for the past by being the very same thing in which they were battling to overcome. It is a problem.

Never will I see blacks as being a problem based upon their skin color, and hopefully they look at me in the same way. I have what I hope are some great black friends, and hopefully I don't ever find out otherwise.

Character is the key as Martin Luther King stated, and how right he was.

Hey Beagle 9, let the black friends you claim to have see your post here and you won’t have them any longer. I can see that you think your black friends are lucky and should share your opinions on this subject. It’s obvious from your post that you are a racist, you spout all of the racist rhetoric, but consider yourself tolerant. The Black college thing you reference, shows that you have subscribed to a lie spun to infer some advantage over White schools. In truth all historically Black colleges were integrated from the beginning. They were established to give black students the chance for a college education in a time where admissions of blacks to white schools was prohibited. Whites were never prohibited from attending Black colleges. Then your assertions that Blacks exist to make Whites feel guilty about slavery and racism, so then it follows that Blacks are responsible for White guilt and not the racist history and cultural racism of whites themselves. So in your world Blacks themselves are at fault for the racism of whites, and that Black actions to gain long denied rights a legitimate reason for denying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting words (found only in your opinion), into another person's mouth in order to describe your target as a racist (as based upon those words), is nothing but a tactic, and it is a fruitless one at best. How can a racist accuse one of being a racist if using post that have no racist content in them when attempting it ? LOL

In truth all historically Black colleges were integrated from the beginning. They were established to give black students the chance for a college education in a time where admissions of blacks to white schools was prohibited. Whites were never prohibited from attending Black colleges.
I just wanted to reiterate this portion of your comment. Thank you.
What if white people had a college that was called in this year of 2018 " an historically white college", and it had a prodominantly white staff and students, but of course did note that they never refused a black person from attending the school ?? Would that be ok ?? Nope, the blacks in some groups would raise T total hell to no end about it, and would constantly be looking for anything they could in order to break it down or destroy it. Double standards are becoming a huge thing going on these days, and it just continues keeping the fuel pumping into the fires of racism forever and ever.

If people truly want a race blind society, then let's see one. Meh, to many racist on both sides to ever see it in it's truest form.

One's skin color being most important to so many in all of this stuff, has become a travesty that is over shadowing the true character in ones make up.

When did colleges prohibit Blacks from being admitted to college if they had the proper academic record and financial resources?

1849 The Massachusetts Supreme Court rules that segregated schools are permissible under the state's constitution. (Roberts v. City of Boston) The U.S. Supreme Court will later use this case to support the "separate but equal" doctrine.

1857 With the Dred Scott decision, the Supreme Court upholds the denial of citizenship to African Americans and rules that descendants of slaves are "so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

1861 Southern states secede from the Union. The Civil War begins.

1863 President Lincoln issues the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing slaves in Southern states. Because the Civil War is ongoing, the Proclamation has little practical effect.

1865 The Civil War ends; the Thirteenth Amendment is enacted to abolish slavery.

1868 The Fourteenth Amendment is ratified, guaranteeing "equal protection under the law"; citizenship is extended to African Americans.

1875 Congress passes the Civil Rights Act of 1875, which bans racial discrimination in public accommodations.

1883 The Supreme Court strikes down the Civil Rights Act of 1875 finding that discrimination by individuals or private businesses is constitutional.

1890 Louisiana passes the first Jim Crow law requiring separate accommodations for Whites and Blacks.

1896 The Supreme Court authorizes segregation in Plessy v. Ferguson, finding Louisiana's "separate but equal" law constitutional. The ruling, built on notions of white supremacy and black inferiority, provides legal justification for Jim Crow laws in southern states.

1899 The Supreme Court allows a state to levy taxes on black and white citizens alike while providing a public school for white children only. (Cumming v. Richmond (Ga.) County Board of Education)

1908 The Supreme Court upholds a state's authority to require a private college to operate on a segregated basis despite the wishes of the school. (Berea College v. Kentucky)

1927 The Supreme Court finds that states possess the right to define a Chinese student as non-white for the purpose of segregating public schools. (Gong Lum v. Rice)

1936 The Maryland Supreme Court orders the state's white law school to enroll a black student because there is no state-supported law school for Blacks in Maryland. (University of Maryland v. Murray)

1938 The Supreme Court rules the practice of sending black students out of state for legal training when the state provides a law school for whites within its borders does not fulfill the state's "separate but equal" obligation. The Court orders Missouri's all-white law school to grant admission to an African American student. (Missouri ex rel. Gaines v. Canada)

1940 30% of Americans — 40% of Northerners and 2% of Southerners — believe that Whites and Blacks should attend the same schools.

A federal court requires equal salaries for African American and white teachers. (Alston v. School Board of City of Norfolk)

1947 In a precursor to the Brown case, a federal appeals court strikes down segregated schooling for Mexican American and white students. (Westminster School Dist. v. Mendez) The verdict prompts California Governor Earl Warren to repeal a state law calling for segregation of Native American and Asian American students.

1948 Arkansas desegregates its state university.

The Supreme Court orders the admission of a black student to the University of Oklahoma School of Law, a white school, because there is no law school for Blacks. (Sipuel v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma)

1950 The Supreme Court rejects Texas' plan to create a new law school for black students rather than admit an African American to the state's whites-only law school. (Sweatt v. Painter)

The Supreme Court rules that learning in law school "cannot be effective in isolation from the individuals and institutions with which the law interacts." The decision stops short of overturning Plessy.

The Supreme Court holds that the policy of isolating a black student from his peers within a white law school is unconstitutional. (McLaurin v. Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education)

Barbara Johns, a 16-year-old junior at Robert R. Moton High School in Farmville, Va., organizes and leads 450 students in an anti-school segregation strike.

1952 The Supreme Court hears oral arguments in Brown v. Board of Education. Thurgood Marshall, who will later become the first African American justice on the Supreme Court, is the lead counsel for the black school children.

1953 Earl Warren is appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court hears the second round of arguments in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka.

1954 In a unanimous opinion, the Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education overturns Plessy and declares that separate schools are "inherently unequal." The Court delays deciding on how to implement the decision and asks for another round of arguments.

The Court rules that the federal government is under the same duty as the states and must desegregate the Washington, D.C., schools. (Bolling v. Sharpe)

1955 In Brown II, the Supreme Court orders the lower federal courts to require desegregation "with all deliberate speed."

1955 Between 1955 and 1960, federal judges will hold more than 200 school desegregation hearings.

1956 49% of Americans — 61% of Northerners and 15% of Southerners — believe that Whites and Blacks should attend the same schools.

Tennessee Governor Frank Clement calls in the National Guard after white mobs attempt to block the desegregation of a high school.

Under court order, the University of Alabama admits Autherine Lucy, its first African American student. White students and residents riot. Lucy is suspended and later expelled for criticizing the university.

The Virginia legislature calls for "massive resistance" to school desegregation and pledges to close schools under desegregation orders.

1957 More than 1,000 paratroopers from the 101st Airborne Division and a federalized Arkansas National Guard protect nine black students integrating Central High School in Little Rock, Ark.

1958 The Supreme Court rules that fear of social unrest or violence, whether real or constructed by those wishing to oppose integration, does not excuse state governments from complying with Brown. (Cooper v. Aaron)

10,000 young people march in Washington, D.C., in support of integration.

1959 25,000 young people march in Washington, D.C., in support of integration.

Prince Edward County, Va., officials close their public schools rather than integrate them. White students attend private academies; black students do not head back to class until 1963, when the Ford Foundation funds private black schools. The Supreme Court orders the county to reopen its schools on a desegregated basis in 1964.

1960 In New Orleans, federal marshals shielded Ruby Bridges, Gail St. Etienne, Leona Tate and Tessie Prevost from angry crowds as they enrolled in school.

1961 A federal district court orders the University of Georgia to admit African American students Hamilton Holmes and Charlayne Hunter. After a riot on campus, the two are suspended. A court later reinstates them.

1962 A federal appeals court orders the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith, an African American student. Upon his arival, a mob of more than 2,000 white people riots.

1963 62% of Americans — 73% of Northerners and 31% of Southerners — believe Blacks and Whites should attend the same schools.

Two African American students, Vivian Malone and James A. Hood, successfully register at the University of Alabama despite George Wallace's "stand in the schoolhouse door" — but only after President Kennedy federalizes the Alabama National Guard.

For the first time, a small number of black students in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Mississippi attend public elementary and secondary schools with white students.

1964 The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is adopted. Title IV of the Act authorizes the federal government to file school desegregation cases. Title VI of the Act prohibits discrimination in programs and activities, including schools, receiving federal financial assistance.

The Rev. Bruce Klunder is killed protesting the construction of a new segregated school in Cleveland, Ohio.

1968 The Supreme Court orders states to dismantle segregated school systems "root and branch." The Court identifies five factors — facilities, staff, faculty, extracurricular activities and transportation — to be used to gauge a school system's compliance with the mandate of Brown. (Green v. County School Board of New Kent County)

In a private note to Justice Brennan, Justice Warren writes: "When this opinion is handed down, the traffic light will have changed from Brown to Green. Amen!"

1969 The Supreme Court declares the "all deliberate speed" standard is no longer constitutionally permissible and orders the immediate desegregation of Mississippi schools. (Alexander v. Holmes County Board of Education)

1971 The Court approves busing, magnet schools, compensatory education and other tools as appropriate remedies to overcome the role of residential segregation in perpetuating racially segregated schools. (Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenberg Board of Education)

1972 The Supreme Court refuses to allow public school systems to avoid desegregation by creating new, mostly or all-white "splinter districts." (Wright v. Council of the City of Emporia; United States v. Scotland Neck City Board of Education)

Brown's legacy extends to gender. Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 is passed prohibiting sex discrimination in any educational program that receives federal financial assistance.

1973 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act is passed prohibiting schools from discriminating against students with mental or physical impairments.

The Supreme Court rules that states cannot provide textbooks to racially segregated private schools to avoid integration mandates. (Norwood v. Harrison)

The Supreme Court finds that the Denver school board intentionally segregated Mexican American and black students from white students. (Keyes v. Denver School District No. 1) The Court distinguishes between state-mandated segregation (de jure) and segregation that is the result of private choices (de facto). The latter form of segregation, the Court rules, is not unconstitutional

The Supreme Court rules that education is not a "fundamental right" and that the Constitution does not require equal education expenditures within a state. (San Antonio Independent School District v. Rodriguez) The ruling has the effect of locking minority and poor children who live in low-income areas into inferior schools.

1974 The Supreme Court blocks metropolitan-wide desegregation plans as a means to desegregate urban schools with high minority populations. (Milliken v. Bradley) As a result, Brown will not have a substantial impact on many racially isolated urban districts.

Non-English-speaking Chinese students file suit against the San Francisco Unified School District for failing to provide instruction to those with limited English proficiency. The Supreme Court rules that the failure to do so violates Title VI's prohibition of national origin, race or color discrimination in school districts receiving federal funds. (Lau v. Nichols)

1978 A fractured Supreme Court declares the affirmative action admissions program for the University of California Davis Medical School unconstitutional because it set aside a specific number of seats for black and Latino students. The Court rules that race can be a factor in university admissions, but it cannot be the deciding factor. (Regents of the University of California v. Bakke)

1982 The Supreme Court rejects tax exemptions for private religious schools that discriminate. (Bob Jones University v. U.S.; Goldboro Christian Schools v. U.S.)

1986 For the first time, a federal court finds that once a school district meets the Green factors, it can be released from its desegregation plan and returned to local control. (Riddick v. School Board of the City of Norfolk, Virginia)

1988 School integration reaches its all-time high; almost 45% of black students in the United States are attending majority-white schools.

1991 Emphasizing that court orders are not intended "to operate in perpetuity," the Supreme Court makes it easier for formerly segregated school systems to fulfill their obligations under desegregation decrees. (Board of Education of Oklahoma City v. Dowell) After being released from a court order, the Oklahoma City school system abandons its desegregation efforts and returns to neighborhood schools.

1992 The Supreme Court further speeds the end of desegregation cases, ruling that school systems can fulfill their obligations in an incremental fashion. (Freeman v. Pitts)

The Supreme Court rules that the adoption of race-neutral measures does not, by itself, fulfill the Constitutional obligation to desegregate colleges and universities that were segregated by law. (United States v. Fordice)

1995 The Supreme Court sets a new goal for desegregation plans: the return of schools to local control. It emphasizes again that judicial remedies were intended to be "limited in time and extent." (Missouri v. Jenkins)

1996 A federal appeals court prohibits the use of race in college and university admissions, ending affirmative action in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi. (Hopwood v. Texas)

2001 White parents in Charlotte, N.C., schools successfully seek an end to the desegregation process and a bar to the use of race in making student assignments.

2002 A report from Harvard's Civil Rights Project concludes that America's schools are resegregating.

2003 The Supreme Court upholds diversity as a rationale for affirmative action programs in higher education admissions, but concludes that point systems are not appropriate. (Grutter v. Bollinger; Gratz v. Bollinger)

A federal district court case affirms the value of racial diversity and race-conscious student assignment plans in K-12 education. (Lynn v. Comfort)

A study by Harvard's Civil Rights Project finds that schools were more segregated in 2000 than in 1970 when busing for desegregation began.

2004 The nation marks the 50th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education.

2007 In Parents Involved, the Supreme Court finds voluntary school integration plans unconstitutional, paving the way for contemporary school segregation to escalate.

The nation marks the 50th anniversary of the Little Rock Nine.​

• Thanks
Reactions: ATL
One's skin color being most important to so many in all of this stuff, has become a travesty that is over shadowing the true character in ones make up.
in the U.S. it's not merely the color of one's skin color, it's what that color represents. This is from my post below regarding the timeline for the integration of schools in the U.S.

1857 With the Dred Scott decision, the Supreme Court upholds the denial of citizenship to African Americans and rules that descendants of slaves are "so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."​

A supreme court justice wrote this thereby making it the law of the land. Too many in this country still hold on to this belief.

NewsVine_Mariyam, you posted a vague timeline of conflating topics that do not address the actual issue. Can you cite any instance in American history when Blacks who had the grades and financial resources were denied entrance into college?

Can you cite any instance in American history when Blacks who had the grades and financial resources were denied entrance into college
There is nothing "vague" about the list - it details as the title indicates the path of legal desegregation (integration) of the U.S. school systems. There are several cases taken directly from the list. The first two involve law students who weren't allowed to attend law school until the Court ordered the school to admit them

1936 The Maryland Supreme Court orders the state's white law school to enroll a black student because there is no state-supported law school for Blacks in Maryland. (University of Maryland v. Murray)

1938 The Supreme Court rules the practice of sending black students out of state for legal training when the state provides a law school for whites within its borders does not fulfill the state's "separate but equal" obligation. The Court orders Missouri's all-white law school to grant admission to an African American student. (Missouri ex rel. Gaines v. Canada)

Here are two more

1961 A federal district court orders the University of Georgia to admit African American students Hamilton Holmes and Charlayne Hunter. After a riot on campus, the two are suspended. A court later reinstates them.

1962 A federal appeals court orders the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith, an African American student. Upon his arrival, a mob of more than 2,000 white people riots.​

Saying "All whites are are racist" is not the same as saying "All whites hate black people" All whites don't hate black ppl. But all whites are racist.

Look even white people who fight against racism, write books on racism and do lectures admit to them having racist thoughts.

Guys like Tim Wise shared an experience about when he got on a plane and for the first time ever he saw two black pilots flying the thing and his thought was "O. Shit. Can these blk guys fly this plane ?"

Now he caught the thought and then realized that those blk guys were more than likely the best pilots in the whole crew, they would have had to be to get the job. Can you imagine two blk men rolling up for pilot school ? You know they were tested and tested and must have aced every test thrown at them and even as qualified pilots they're probably the most watched, assessed pilots there. But that's not the point, under pressure, his first thought was to go there. And this despite all the books he's written

5043059.jpg
31944678.jpg

And after all the lectures he does.

But he is a white supremacist. All people raised in a society where racism has been n is so prevalent will have internalized elements of racist thinking. So in countries where beliefs in European/white superiority has been historically placed, it's likely that everyone in such places will have internalized some of that conditioning.

You saying that some black people IM2 or even me have a victim mindset is as stupid as saying people who put on a seat-belt in car or buy insurance or boxer who is training for a big fight, that they have a victim mindset.

To tell my young son he can be anything he wants to be, if he tries hard enough is nice, but unless I warn him about the obstacles in his path. I'm ill-suiting him for the real world.

Racism Is War

So by me discussing those war tactics that whites employ on black people he can steel himself against the headwinds in his way.
Whites have always been willing to let black people entertain them, even at the height of racism.

The question is, how have you felt about blacks being your bankers, doctors, bosses, colleagues, neighbors, or in-laws for that matter?

The black people you pointed out are from the worlds of entertainment or sports, which, important though they may be, are hardly like the industries in which most people find themselves.

You see when it comes to athletic ability, you either can or you can't. You either can hit a three pointer regular or you can't. You either can make people laugh or you can't. It's pretty objective.

But in the workplace ? White ppls networks win. Will this person “fit in” with the company? Do they have “enough” experience?

All of these evaluations are judgment calls and the kind of judgment call that are often 100% white supremacist.
O. No you didn't (lol) You didn't use the black friends card...did you ?

I have had black supervisors in some of the companies I worked for. Never a problem. We worked well together and race was never an issue.

I've worked with white people too. But that doesn't mean racism is not a problem. You don't discuss race at work idiot. Unless it's a BFOQ. Yes I used an insult because quite frankly you are a insulting person. All you do is make excuses trying to tell me blacks here who what we see and have experienced is not so because you are white and it doesn't happen to you. Turn black, then talk.

Insulting person? Lol. I never said what blacks do or do not experience. You seem to think everything you experience is relevant, but what white people experience is not.

Wrong answer lady. All your posts amount to is what about me I'm white. You've not experienced what we have. I'm sure you've not lived in flowery beds of ease, but you have not experienced what we have. You are here talking about how you had back supervisors and how race was never an issue on the job. Race is not supposed to be an issue on the job. You don't know how they felt, you don't know what they've been through. I'm here in a forum full of racists and you want me to be concerned with the experiences of people who think I'm an ape and who think they get to make endless racist opinions about our culture like you do.

IM2, are you still looking for that free payday from the whites ?? Get over it brother.

I've done quite fine thank you. But whites owe us money. Your asses got free paydays from us for all but the last 53 years by written law. Now be quiet.

NewsVine_Mariyam, you posted a vague timeline of conflating topics that do not address the actual issue. Can you cite any instance in American history when Blacks who had the grades and financial resources were denied entrance into college?

Are you crazy? You really asked this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back