Are conservatives smarter than liberals?

BigReb -

There is a huge difference between not agreeing in a policy, and that policy being a failure. Of course you can consider Obamacare a failure simply because you disagree with its politicial stance, but that makes no more sense than liberals considering it a huge success simply because they voted for the idea.

Realistically, any major change in any healthcare system would take 5 - 10 years to really settle into place, and at this stage I don't think any of us can say whether Obamacare will really work or not work. If much of the legislation is repealed or struck down in courts, we may never know.

Or it may be that in a few years from now we see more clearly what impact there has been on health outcomes. If more people are receiving better care for a cheaper total cost for society, then it will have succeeded. If less people receive poorer care for higher costs, then it will have failed.
Failure is failure supporting obama and his policies have shown and been proven to be in support of failure, and one more time you aren't an American and would like to see America fail. So failure for you would be a good thing.

BigReb -

The fact that I am not American does not mean that I want America to fail. Certainly, the day I accuse half of the American people of being traitors in my sig line is the day I would stop posting on a US message board, put it that way.

I have no interest in America failing, and actually I have every reason to think that universal healthcare is a system that could and should work well in the US. It's not easy converting from any one system to any other system, but I think it's a noble effort, and I very much hope it works for all American people. You included.

The dems are more politically smarter than the republicans . Im a republican and can admit it. They know how to control americns livelyhood by giving them free stuff to be lazy and get their support. However, this president is retarded and is singlehandedly bringing down his party. The only reason why he got elected was due to having a moderate candidate in romney instead of a conservative. Obama was likable and well spoken going up against the head of a half billion dollar man of bain capital. who couldnt reasonate with the average american. Republicans are getting lucky.

BigReb -

The fact that I am not American does not mean that I want America to fail. Certainly, the day I accuse half of the American people of being traitors in my sig line is the day I would stop posting on a US message board, put it that way.

I have no interest in America failing, and actually I have every reason to think that universal healthcare is a system that could and should work well in the US. It's not easy converting from any one system to any other system, but I think it's a noble effort, and I very much hope it works for all American people. You included.
Do you want all of your personal information and all of the personal questions to answer before you can see a doctor to be stored in a government super computer? Are you fucking retarded? You are such an idiot that you should just hand over all your rights by giving full guardian ship of you over to the government, because really theres no ddifference in what you are saying and this. Better to just get it overwith. Moron.

"Are conservatives smarter than liberals?"

Judging by the USMB right, no.

There are conservatives here who believe the states have the 'right' to ignore Federal laws, that undocumented immigrants aren't entitled to due process, that those who receive public assistance shouldn't have the right to vote, that abortion is 'murder,' that the First Amendment doesn't apply to Muslims, and there are those on the right who believe the president was born in Kenya.

So clearly conservatives are not smarter than liberals.

“Or is there a reason that some conservatives believe they are intellectually superior?”

The reason is that most on the right are ideologues who blindly adhere to conservative dogma, where this blind adherence to that dogma manifests as arrogance and a false sense of 'superiority.'

BigReb -

As I said you don't understand the concept of failure, or it is what you support for America. it's one or the other.
You're a foreigner and I suspect it is that you support the failure of America.

Meathead -

Nowhere in this thread have I said that liberals are more intelligent. I don't believe that is the case.

What I believe is that there is no link between political beliefs and intelligence.

And yes, I believe that voters on both sides of the political divide had more than enough information on Obamacare to make an informed decision at the ballot box when they elected Obama. Twice.

The informed decision was based on lies and deception that started with Obama and his if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and several more blatant lies.

Do you want all of your personal information and all of the personal questions to answer before you can see a doctor to be stored in a government super computer? Are you fucking retarded? You are such an idiot that you should just hand over all your rights by giving full guardian ship of you over to the government, because really theres no ddifference in what you are saying and this. Better to just get it overwith. Moron.

And again, the point of the thread is proven.

BigReb -

Saigon is not an American so our laws do not effect Saigon, I've pointed to what position I feel that Saigon has, WANTS AMERICA TO FAIL.

There are conservatives here who believe the states have the 'right' to ignore Federal laws, that undocumented immigrants aren't entitled to due process, that those who receive public assistance shouldn't have the right to vote, that abortion is 'murder,' that the First Amendment doesn't apply to Muslims, and there are those on the right who believe the president was born in Kenya.

“Or is there a reason that some conservatives believe they are intellectually superior?”

The reason is that most on the right are ideologues who blindly adhere to conservative dogma, where this blind adherence to that dogma manifests as arrogance and a false sense of 'superiority.'

There are also those who believe political correctness does not exist.

You lose

And again, the point of the thread is proven.
And you've already lost.

Oh my the irony from a far left religious drone..

BigReb -

And the far left shines through!

And yes the far left does wish failure for America!

Obama has already proven that.

However the far left would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

I thought I was a conservative until I read your list of what I am supposed to believe.

I don't believe that states have the right to ignore Federal laws. I do believe the Federal government has passed unfunded mandates that states whose constitution requires a balanced budget may not be able to legally fund.

The right to vote is not based on anything other than being a citizen and meeting the reasonable requirements of state and federal laws, such as having a photo ID in some states.

I do believe that anyone who breaks the immigration laws should be afforded due process and should be incarcerated until their case is adjudicated. What happened to the 'speedy trial' law if it ever existed?

My position on abortion is not based on the law, but on my feelings. I have always thought that if you can put your ear, or a Doctors stethoscope on a pregnant woman's stomach and hear two heartbeats, one of those heartbeats is a baby and aborting it would be murder.

The First Amendment applies to Muslims and even to some Catholics and a few Methodists.

I don't believe Obama was born in Kenya. I do believe he does not know how to tell the truth.

Being liberal and smart is not possible.

Anyone who believes in big gov controlled by a small elite, as libs do, is ignorant of history....and definetly not smart.

That's a really good post - I tend to agree.

Certainly the entire 'birther' industry is an extraordinary example of ignorance that it is hard to imagine even being replicated on the left....a salient point for conservatives to remember, I think.

Forum List

Back