Are Fields of Flowers a Gift of Aesthetics for Joy in the Environment? A Place to Share Pictures of Flowers that You Love Here.

A trip down the Rhine River in Germany might find you seeing this:
reichsburg-castle-cochem-shutterstock_1231135075.jpg

Or disembarking at Mannheim and visiting the city park...
city-park-mannheim-germany-luxurious-flower-beds-fountains-191924436.jpg

Ar
I want that one for my rose garden. ^^^^^^^ I'm working on finding roses for the third row, which has spaces for 6 more rose bushes. *sigh*. Beautiful rose, Crick. :thup:
e all
Flower Gardens Around the World I'd like to see sometime...
Buchart Gardens in 2023
011_11_edited-1.JPG
kawachi-fuji-garden-japan-shutterstock_680355811.jpg

Hero.png
three of these shots from Butchart?

I have been to Victoria five or six times for work with the Canadian Navy and wanted to go but we never had a lot of spare time.

Along the Rhine, Floral Garden of Castile, Germany (scroll down)
rhinemoselsplendors_Cochem_statueoverlookingthecity_gallery.jpg

And more along the Rhine....
4da7852b55b5791704f44171ce103e08.jpg

Ar

e all

three of these shots from Butchart?

I have been to Victoria five or six times for work with the Canadian Navy and wanted to go but we never had a lot of spare time.
Well, next time you visit Victoria the city with the flowers growing from pots hanging from the street lights, look up the Victoria Butterfly Gardens on the way to the fabulous Buchart Gardens. Artists make pictures of the butterflies...
il_794xN.3435340484_j5j3.jpg
il_794xN.4398202075_6jgl.jpg

Gallery of the Victoria Butterfly Gardens near Buchart's place...
image121.jpg
OIP.yaOQ8pl3IyWVHBu2sg7BBAHaE6
1682772292893.jpeg

1682772339205.jpeg
OIP.ILx1PhoxS-L4YDSE2QVYugHaFj
OIP.hTpI0kSvQ9r01zRWiF-CjQHaE7

th
OIP.Bu7mw93LqcHmMytyibK5IQHaEK
OIP.drRuvQ-8M5iD-n8cdMyHTQHaFj
OIP.gH0iTOE1_n-7BzczPD5B9QHaE8

OIP.ho8Q4C-vZqH7_kg7BkujIgHaEK
OIP.8-fk9bIwlqIDzZ-OSrJAbAHaE8
1682773189112.jpeg
OIP.sRQMEEt_SoFfyJG0gz7caQHaFC
OIP.9ryxO1i6mGl9uiS6lOCq9QAAAA
OIP.ciMqOhwjtbyqeOTY2jhzSQHaFj
OIP.pv3EfLrBKrwt5EMCftxeMAHaE8
OIP.YvTMvqsoZ4zu5k0L8ZWyOwHaFk
OIP.XW4hGALSPer6P7D9PYZjGwHaE8

I'm retired. I'd like to take my wife up there but we haven't done it yet.

I'm retired. I'd like to take my wife up there but we haven't done it yet.
When my late husband retired, we went to Canada... a couple of times. We had a lot of fun after he retired. Hope you all do it while you're still good and healthy.

When my late husband retired, we went to Canada... a couple of times. We had a lot of fun after he retired. Hope you all do it while you're still good and healthy.
Well, we weren't all that healthy before we retired. We both have some issues. But we can fly and drive and hike a couple miles, so we'll do. Probably our biggest hindrance now is our animals.

More. This white flower in the first one here and the second one above is a rather rare Chinese "Son of Seven" bush at a botanical garden we visited. It was swarming with Monarchs.
1683226776999.jpeg

1683226787481.jpeg

1683226800407.jpeg

Last edited:
More. This white flower in the first one here and the second one above is a rather rare Chinese "Son of Seven" bush at a botanical garden we visited. It was swarming with Monarchs.
View attachment 782196
View attachment 782197

View attachment 782198
Fabulous, Crick. You have some choice pictures of my Texas' State Butterfly! Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures!!! I realize you posted them a couple of weeks ago, but I've been distracted. Those black eyed Susans are particularly appealing to me. One of these days, I'm gonna plant them. Meanwhile, I'll just come here and admire your beautiful pictures.

My son moved to Portugal a few months back, so naturally, I wanted to see what gardens were like there, so I'm online looking right now.

Portuguese Heritage Gardens:
bragagardens.jpg

a-portuguese-garden.jpg

Yum!​

This was on a page called "Islands of Portugal" Oh, my the work that garden must have been not to mention maintenance!
botanical_garden_of_madeira.jpg

This was on a page called "Portuguese Palaces and Gardens:

Portugal-Frontiera-Palace.jpg

My late husband and I visited Portugal in or around 2004-2008, not sure which year, but it was so fabulous. We visited Lisbon and enjoyed the Oceanario and the Lisbon Zoo. Even so, changes abound in life, and here it is 2023, and my son now lives there. I'm not going to travel anymore, because the world is too dangerous with people hating on Americans so much we're getting political threats from several countries, and I just don't want to be somewhere people want to hurt Americans. We took a train to see the Oceanario, and on the way, we had several people sitting across from us, one in particular who mouthed off about our country, to which I doubt he ever visited, but when I got home, there was still a bad taste in my mouth from the chap's negativity while we remained shocked and silent. I couldn't get back home fast enough. My son couldn't believe it when I told him to be careful there. He has made friends there, and seems very happy, so I guess we just got on the wrong train back when. About the zoo, I noticed the animals were so well treated they acted as if they were quite satisfied with their life in good and caring hands of the zoologists there. I've only seen two zoos in the US where the animals seemed as happy--the zoo in New Orleans, and the one in Chicago. When we vacationed, we always went to the zoos if the towns were big enough to have a zoo. When my husband had to go to a business conference in New York, he visited a zoo somewhere and said it was a good zoo. I was a smidge jealous, but the conference he attended was for employees only, sans family. and I took his word for it that somewhere in or near NYC there is a great zoo. Since I'm on a vicarious Portuguese trip today. (giggle), I'll see if the zoo there has some nice botanicals within its walls... Oh, hahaha! The animals are the floral colors on legs in this one...

default.jpg

th

Gave up on gardens in the Lisbon Portugal zoo, but their trees are significantly interesting as you can see below.

Last edited:
Here's one I took the day before yesterday. We're not in Florida anymore.

1684944621418.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back