Are most people "sheeple".....?

Are most people "sheeple"?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes or No with qualifiers (please explain)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
No, choosing a political leader is not being a "sheeple." If you BELIEVE everything that your political leaders tell you and you tow their line (that goes for BOTH sides), then you can proudly call yourself a "sheeple." There are many here.

Not so.

We need our political leaders to tell us what doctors to see, what teachers can teach, what kind of toilet we should buy, what is PC to say and think and what is not, what to drink, biggie soda's being the worst, how much money is too much money to make, how much money is not enough money to make per hour, what marriage should be and should not be, and the list goes on, essentially forever.

No, people are basically sheep unable to do the smallest of tasks on their own.

You need governmental organization and yes, leadership. Anarchy is never a good thing. Lol. Those other things you mentioned is a sign of the government getting too big and powerful. However, businesses need to be regulated. That has been proven over and over and over again in the past.

Maintaining law and order is one thing, but passing over 80,000 regulations and laws every year is another. Is soceity really that bad? More to the point, does it make it better?

Why is it anytime mentions limited government, which is merely maintaining law and order and letting people live their lives in peace, is met with accusations of wanting anarchy?

Very odd.

I don't agree with every regulation and law. Don't get me wrong here. But some regulation and laws are certainly necessary.

Really? How many regulations did the Founding Fathers have to prevent anarchy verses laws?

No, choosing a political leader is not being a "sheeple." If you BELIEVE everything that your political leaders tell you and you tow their line (that goes for BOTH sides), then you can proudly call yourself a "sheeple." There are many here.

Not so.

We need our political leaders to tell us what doctors to see, what teachers can teach, what kind of toilet we should buy, what is PC to say and think and what is not, what to drink, biggie soda's being the worst, how much money is too much money to make, how much money is not enough money to make per hour, what marriage should be and should not be, and the list goes on, essentially forever.

You need governmental organization and yes, leadership. Anarchy is never a good thing. Lol. Those other things you mentioned is a sign of the government getting too big and powerful. However, businesses need to be regulated. That has been proven over and over and over again in the past.

Maintaining law and order is one thing, but passing over 80,000 regulations and laws every year is another. Is soceity really that bad? More to the point, does it make it better?

Why is it anytime mentions limited government, which is merely maintaining law and order and letting people live their lives in peace, is met with accusations of wanting anarchy?

Very odd.

I don't agree with every regulation and law. Don't get me wrong here. But some regulation and laws are certainly necessary.

Really? How many regulations did the Founding Fathers have to prevent anarchy verses laws?

Well, back then there were no HUGE multi-billion dollar corporations who have lawyers and maybe even judges in their pockets? Lol. Anyways, we will have to pick up this discussion later. I have to get ready for work. :bye1:

Who the fuck are you? Her bodyguard sheeple?
I'm the guy that pointed out the obvious. The word apparently bothers you.
You're a cocksucking idiot. Now you know.
Aw, did I hurt you feelings?
No, I'm used to having fools interrupt a conversation here with what they think is cleverness. YAWN!!!

Bonzi has lots of "body guards" here apparently. That old lady knows how to turn on the dudes!!! :lmao:
Ya, a whole collection of pervert trolls have your back. :D

Not so.

Very odd.

Well, back then there were no HUGE multi-billion dollar corporations who have lawyers and maybe even judges in their pockets? Lol. Anyways, we will have to pick up this discussion later. I have to get ready for work. :bye1:

To answer the question, the Founding Fathers did not believe in regulating anything. They believed that laws should be passed by an elected body in Congress and not an unelected cabal of regulators. That's what democracy was suppose to be all about.

Now these unelected regulators churn out thousands of regulations every year, too many really to ever keep track of, let alone know if you agree with them or not. And if you don't agree with them, screw you. It's not like you can vote them out.

As for the multi-billion dollar corporations, the federal government just took trillions of your tax dollars to bail them out. Some protection from billion dollar corporations, eh?

Very odd.

To answer the question, the Founding Fathers did not believe in regulating anything. They believed that laws should be passed by an elected body in Congress and not an unelected cabal of regulators. That's what democracy was suppose to be all about.

Now these unelected regulators churn out thousands of regulations every year, too many really to ever keep track of, let alone know if you agree with them or not. And if you don't agree with them, screw you. It's not like you can vote them out.

As for the multi-billion dollar corporations, the federal government just took trillions of your tax dollars to bail them out. Some protection from billion dollar corporations, eh?

I'm sorry but businesses definitely need regulating. Lol. That is just a fact of life that you are going to have to learn to deal with. They NEED to be regulated. This little factoid has been proven over and over again. All one needs to do is to look in other countries where regulations are lax. Our regulations are good. What is not good is that other countries do NOT have these regulations, so some companies might save some money by moving there. That again proves what they are willing to do in order to make more profit and shows how regulations are in fact necessary, or else employees would be abused. This is all really just common sense.

Like I told you though, there are probably many regulations that are just money making schemes for the government. I don't disagree with that.

Very odd.

I'm sorry but businesses definitely need regulating. Lol. That is just a fact of life that you are going to have to learn to deal with. They NEED to be regulated. This little factoid has been proven over and over again. All one needs to do is to look in other countries where regulations are lax. Our regulations are good. What is not good is that other countries do NOT have these regulations, so some companies might save some money by moving there. That again proves what they are willing to do in order to make more profit and shows how regulations are in fact necessary, or else employees would be abused. This is all really just common sense.

Like I told you though, there are probably many regulations that are just money making schemes for the government. I don't disagree with that.

So which of the 40,000 regulations passed per year are bad and which are good?

I assume you know because you have the attitude that overall they are good.

From the years 2005 to 2014, the US Federal government has churned out an astonishing 766,634 regulations averaging 76,663 regulations per year. Conversely, Congress has only churned out 1706 over that time averaging 171 laws per year.

Do we want to be governed by an unelected body or an elected body?

Perhaps regulators need to be elected.

Do you know all 40,000 and which ones are "bad?" You seem to have the attitude that they are all bad overall. :D

Do you know all 40,000 and which ones are "bad?" You seem to have the attitude that they are all bad overall. :D

The point of a democracy is for the public to elect candidates whom represent them and for whom they can follow and understand what they are voting on.

There is no way to keep up with the regulatory onslaught we have now, so not only do we not know what laws are being passed, we have no way to stop it if we did.

The point of a democracy is for the public to elect candidates whom represent them and for whom they can follow and understand what they are voting on.

There is no way to keep up with the regulatory onslaught we have now, so not only do we not know what laws are being passed, we have no way to stop it if we did.

Well, if there are regulations that are unfair to the company, then I probably wouldn't agree with those. I am more for the people than I am for the corporations though. Given the treatment of workers in third world countries, I am actually grateful for some of our regulations that kind of even out the playing field for the workers. Multi billion dollar corporations are extremely powerful and influential. We are just little guys.

Well, if there are regulations that are unfair to the company, then I probably wouldn't agree with those. I am more for the people than I am for the corporations though. Given the treatment of workers in third world countries, I am actually grateful for some of our regulations that kind of even out the playing field for the workers. Multi billion dollar corporations are extremely powerful and influential. We are just little guys.

If it were not for government, there would be no corporations.

Corporations are government creations. Government writes special laws to protect these entities and gives them power.

Government regulations do more to prevent upstart corporations than they do large corporations. In a way, regulations are a means of corporations enjoying less competition. The best part is, all of the costs associated with regulations are then passed down to us as small businesses slowly are destroyed.

Corporations are government creations. Government writes special laws to protect these entities and gives them power.

Government regulations do more to prevent upstart corporations than they do large corporations. In a way, regulations are a means of corporations enjoying less competition. The best part is, all of the costs associated with regulations are then passed down to us as small businesses slowly are destroyed.

I understand that part, but they would still be large multi billion dollar businesses. Greed is a terrible thing. In the old days, there were entire towns that were pretty much basically owned by businesses. They had so much money that they controlled the police, judges, lawyers, all the powers that be.

I understand that part, but they would still be large multi billion dollar businesses. Greed is a terrible thing. In the old days, there were entire towns that were pretty much basically owned by businesses. They had so much money that they controlled the police, judges, lawyers, all the powers that be.

And this has changed how?

Forum List

Back