Are Republicans at war with the poor? The facts on food stamps make it seem that way.

Low IQ is the root cause of poverty? Do you have evidence to prove that? Of course not.

Just because people with low IQs are more likely to be poor, it does not mean most poor people are dumb.

Google poverty and low I.Q. Read for several months. We'll talk. :)

Again I ask, are you saying IQ is the cause of low wage job positions?

You obviously don't understand empirical research. When it comes to the issue of poverty and IQ, the conclusions are bi-directional. Poverty has been known to CAUSE low IQ. You are completley over simplifying the issue. Aside from that, it is much more than just IQ that causes poverty. Not all poor people are dumb.

Google arrow issue in research. This might help you. There is an overwhelming correlation between low I.Q. and poverty. The direction of the arrow does not matter. Do you understand?

Google poverty and low I.Q. Read for several months. We'll talk. :)

You obviously don't understand empirical research. When it comes to the issue of poverty and IQ, the conclusions are bi-directional. Poverty has been known to CAUSE low IQ. You are completley over simplifying the issue. Aside from that, it is much more than just IQ that causes poverty. Not all poor people are dumb.

Google arrow issue in research. This might help you. There is an overwhelming correlation between low I.Q. and poverty. The direction of the arrow does not matter. Do you understand?

Well again you don't seem to understand how it works. Arrow direction means a lot. Correlation does not mean causation. Like I said, poverty can cause low IQ. IQ isn't just something you are born with. It is part of human development. Low IQ is simply a variable to poverty. Obviously dumb people are more likely to be poor. Calling it a root cause is complete non sense.

Once again, are you suggesting low IQ is the cause of low wage job positions?

Last edited:

Well again you don't seem to understand how it works. Arrow direction means a lot. Correlation does not mean causation. Like I said, poverty can cause low IQ. IQ isn't just something you are born with. It is part of human development. Low IQ is simply a variable to poverty. Obviously dumb people are more likely to be poor. Calling it a root cause is complete non sense.

You directly contradict yourself within the span of a few words. See highlight above. I.Q. is about 80% genetic and 20% environmental. The way to mitigate poverty is working directly on those environmental factors. Not by throwing trillions of dollars away in food stamps and AFDC that does nothing to address the underlying issue.

You directly contradict yourself within the span of a few words. See highlight above. I.Q. is about 80% genetic and 20% environmental. The way to mitigate poverty is working directly on those environmental factors. Not by throwing trillions of dollars away in food stamps and AFDC that does nothing to address the underlying issue.

Um okay, how do we work on those environmental factors? IQ is primarily dictated by care during pregnancy. If poor pregnant women are not receiving adequate nutrition, their off spring will be affected. Aside from that, children who do not receive adequate nutrition during early development will have low IQs. Stress from poverty also can contribute to low IQ in adults. Stop pulling stuff from your ass. As you will notice in my article, studies show food stamps has no effect on work ethic. Primarily because there is very little benefit from receiving them.

Um okay, how do we work on those environmental factors? IQ is primarily dictated by care during pregnancy. If poor pregnant women are not receiving adequate nutrition, their off spring will be affected. Aside from that, children who do not receive adequate nutrition during early development will have low IQs. Stress from poverty also can contribute to low IQ in adults. Stop pulling stuff from your ass. As you will notice in my article, studies show food stamps has no effect on work ethic. Primarily because there is very little benefit from receiving them.

Early cognitive stimulation and communication post natally is a key, and is a strong indicator to improvement in I.Q. scores. Two parent homes have shown to improve I.Q. scores. A safe living environment improves I.Q. scores. And you're right, improved pre-natal care definitely helps.

Head Start has shown no benefits in I.Q. because it starts too late. Kids finish wiring neurologically by age 5. Parent communication in poor homes is also generally impoverished. There are numerous studies that show the more and better you communicate with very small children the greater the cognitive development.

Last edited:

Early cognitive stimulation and communication post natally is a key, and is a strong indicator to improvement in I.Q. scores. Two parent homes have shown to improve I.Q. scores. A safe living environment improves I.Q. scores. And you're right, improved pre-natal care definitely helps.

Head Start has shown no benefits in I.Q. because it starts too late. Kids finish wiring neurologically by age 5. Parent communication in poor homes is also generally impoverished. There are numerous studies that show the more and better you communicate with very small children the greater the cognitive development.

Uh yeah obviously cognitive stimulation is important but that does not mean adequate nutrition does not play a huge role as well. Either way, what's your point?

Uh yeah obviously cognitive stimulation is important but that does not mean adequate nutrition does not play a huge role as well. Either way, what's your point?

MY point is throwing money at the problem didn't help, doesn't help, and never will help. Time to try something new.

Really? I was stationed in the late 80's, early 90's with a person named SN Saylor (yeah......that was his real name and he was stationed with me at VFA-131) who wasn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box. Matter of fact, if you didn't go over every point that you wanted him to do, he would fuck up the job, but, if you took the time to explain everything to him, he did a pretty decent job. He had both a mother and father who were still married to each other when I met him (he was around 24), and he also had around 25,000 dollars in a bank account that he'd saved. His AFQT scores were just above what was allowed to enlist in the U.S. Navy, and while I wouldn't call him stupid, I would definitely say he was slow.

He advanced to YN3 while I was stationed with him, and he did a good job as long as he was instructed thoroughly, but if you left a step out (thinking it was obvious), he would go off the rails and end up doing a crappy job. However.................if you told him exactly what to do (step by step) he did a bang up job.

As far as Head Start? It's been proven that if you have a child in that particular program, they will do better than those who don't participate.

Sorry, but the earlier you can get kids excited about learning new things (i.e. via Head Start) the better they will do later in life.

Clearly increasing the SNAP program is the way to go since it has helped lower poverty levels.....oh wait...

If people can't afford to feed their children, maybe they should stop having so many? They all had access to condoms, or to get an abortion, but since they chose to have a child we all have to pay for it now?

People like having a big juicy tit to suck on. Supplying more teats isn't going to ween them off.

Quick question...........................if that is true, then why are so many Republicans against birth control and abortion?

I mean.........................if they could stop having children via birth control (or even abortion, which is a dirty word in the GOP), wouldn't the reasons for people going on SNAP be reduced?

You're right, if they can't afford to feed them, they shouldn't breed them, but in the case of what the GOP says, what choice do they have?

Some people choose to have no children (via birth control), or choose to not bring another life into this world (via abortion) because it's a lot cheaper to not have a child than to bring them to this world.

Sorry....................but you can't stop sex.....................it's in the American psyche because sex sells, and almost every business tends to use it to sell their products.

How many Republicans are against birth control?
Oh yeah none.
Another winner from the grease gun enema cowboy and military faker.

Really? How many Republicans are against birth control?

Only those who believe that life begins at conception, which is why they are trying to get rid of a lot of forms of birth control.

But.......................keep trying with the lies.

Why isn't this thread in the flame zone? this thread was started to flame people. Because it's a god damn lie. If their is any truth to this thread democrats are just as much at war with the poor as the republicans are. The poor are just useful disposable tools for the democrats.

Quick question...........................if that is true, then why are so many Republicans against birth control and abortion?

I mean.........................if they could stop having children via birth control (or even abortion, which is a dirty word in the GOP), wouldn't the reasons for people going on SNAP be reduced?

You're right, if they can't afford to feed them, they shouldn't breed them, but in the case of what the GOP says, what choice do they have?

Some people choose to have no children (via birth control), or choose to not bring another life into this world (via abortion) because it's a lot cheaper to not have a child than to bring them to this world.

Sorry....................but you can't stop sex.....................it's in the American psyche because sex sells, and almost every business tends to use it to sell their products.

Oh yeah none.

Only those who believe that life begins at conception, which is why they are trying to get rid of a lot of forms of birth control.

I am not against birth control or abortion (within limits), but what the fuck do you think begins at conception?

Clearly increasing the SNAP program is the way to go since it has helped lower poverty levels.....oh wait...

If people can't afford to feed their children, maybe they should stop having so many? They all had access to condoms, or to get an abortion, but since they chose to have a child we all have to pay for it now?

People like having a big juicy tit to suck on. Supplying more teats isn't going to ween them off.

You know no one has kids for the hell of it. You are also not understanding the point of poor parents getting welfare. IT'S NOT FOR THEM. It's for the kids. Is that so hard to understand?

No, they really don't. The research says otherwise as you will notice in the article I posted.

you have it all figured out huh? I've been paying into welfare for almost 50 years and thank gawd you came to Explain things to all of us here
so we should just believe you because you call yourself, billyZero
you idiots and your wars wars wars...you're the ignorant people who can't run on reality, you have to make up these wars

Last edited:

Oh yeah none.

You failed to answer the question.
You understand that abortion is not birth control, right? Didnt anyone explain the biology to you?

Oh yeah none.

You failed to answer the question.
You understand that abortion is not birth control, right? Didnt anyone explain the biology to you?

You're right..................abortion is not birth control, yet there are many Republicans who saw that there were some against late term abortions who decided to back it up to mid term abortions, and those who were against any abortion at all.

It was then that they backed it up to say that an "abortion" was when an egg was fertilized and decided to call "life" at the moment of conception.

Got news for you....................Michelle Bachmann, Ted Cruz, as well as a lot of other Republicans believe that "life" begins at fertilization.

But, keep trying to obscure the view you have if it suits you. The rest of us know you're not quite right with the world.

Oh yeah none.

how many democrats are Catholic?

Oh yeah none.

To tell you the truth, I really don't know.

Quick question...................can YOU tell me how many Republicans are Catholic? For that matter, can you break down the numbers in those who are Republican who are Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist or Mormon?

I'd be willing to bet that in both parties there are not only Catholics, but there are also Buddhists, Hindu, Muslim as well as Taoist, and many other faiths not mentioned here.

However...........................I DO know that those who speak out against abortions in the Republican side of things tend to work their way towards saying that life begins at conception.

Got news for you....................even in the Bible, Adam and Eve didn't become "alive" until God breathed the Breath of Life into them.

Sorry, but until the baby has it's first scream from being spanked on the ass, it's not really alive, because if it doesn't yell, it's considered a stillborn, meaning it was sent out of the mother's body dead.

Matter of fact, check out the Science Channel sometime..................Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman has had a couple of questions as to what is considered "alive" and "human".

Are Republicans at war with the poor? The facts on food stamps make it seem that way.

No, they’re not ‘at war’ with the poor, but they are ignorant of the root causes and complex issues associated with poverty; they’re also making matters worse by blindly adhering to incorrect rightist dogma about ‘welfare,’ particularly the ignorant notion that public assistance ‘causes’ poverty.

The number one root cause of poverty on America is low I.Q. It has been known for 50 years. No other variable comes close. In the western world bright people are overwhelmingly successful as defined by income and education. They have far fewer children out of wedlock...much lower levels of incarceration...and lower levels of substance abuse.

The poor in our society have low I.Q. That is why the "War on Poverty" has been such an abject failure. Money can't fix stupid. I could point you to literally thousands of studies that all will tell you this, but I have a feeling since it doesn't fit your social paradigm you would not be interested.

You don't need a high IQ to work in industry, manufacturing, etc., but the capitalists have taken those jobs out of America, where they once existed by the millions and paid very good wages,

and put those jobs in places where people are willing to work for almost nothing.

To tell you the truth, I really don't know.

Quick question...................can YOU tell me how many Republicans are Catholic? For that matter, can you break down the numbers in those who are Republican who are Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist or Mormon?

I'd be willing to bet that in both parties there are not only Catholics, but there are also Buddhists, Hindu, Muslim as well as Taoist, and many other faiths not mentioned here.

However...........................I DO know that those who speak out against abortions in the Republican side of things tend to work their way towards saying that life begins at conception.

Got news for you....................even in the Bible, Adam and Eve didn't become "alive" until God breathed the Breath of Life into them.

Sorry, but until the baby has it's first scream from being spanked on the ass, it's not really alive, because if it doesn't yell, it's considered a stillborn, meaning it was sent out of the mother's body dead.

Matter of fact, check out the Science Channel sometime..................Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman has had a couple of questions as to what is considered "alive" and "human".

You don't know how many democrats are catholic but think only republicans are against birth control?

fixing a system where someone takes money from someone else seems to be the ultimately fair thing to do. Thus the liberal left is not interested. Fixing a system where food stamps are traded for money then drugs or worse used to by booze seems ultimately fair thus the liberal left is against it.

Of course it is understandable the liberal left's concern. After all they created the mass of those so dependent on the government there is no way out. Excessive burdens on business driving them out of the country. An education system that is so f..ed up that kids barely learn to read let alone learn a skill. Education to liberals is more about feeling good and indoctrination then education.

But good for them they control the media and tell the story, lies, well. We have been doing the liberal thing since LBJ and look where it has gotten us. But suggest some other course of action and the liberal left sees their voting base in jeopardy so out comes the purse filled with other people's money.

Forum List

Back