Are Republicans at war with the poor? The facts on food stamps make it seem that way.

Are Republicans at war with the poor?

Of course not.

No more than hunters that cull an over populating herd of deer hate the deer.

The superwealthy do not hate the poor.

They just don't care about them..no more than any of us got up this morning CARING about people that we do not know, will never know and never meet.

Of course not.

They just don't care about them..no more than any of us got up this morning CARING about people that we do not know, will never know and never meet.

No one said anything about hate, but they do work to undermine the poor at their own gain.

OK, so you agree there is no cut. That's progress.
Hey, dummy. the middle class has done worse under Obama and the Democrats than under Bush. Obama's recovery is worse than Bush's recession.

Um are you dumb? The economy crashed under Bush's watch. At the end of his second term! Obviously people under Obama would still he feeling the effects of a bad economy. Shit got worse under Bush. We have had steady private sector growth and a decline in the public sector. It's completley ridiculous you won't give him any credit for it.

Idjit.
Household income is lower than when Obama took office
Household wealth is lower than when Obama took office
Food stamp recipients are higher than when Obama took office
Disability recipients are higher than when Obama took office
U6 unemployment is higher than when Obama took office.

Wake up!

Yeah no shit. Because of what happened before he took office. How hard is it for you to get that?

Um are you dumb? The economy crashed under Bush's watch. At the end of his second term! Obviously people under Obama would still he feeling the effects of a bad economy. Shit got worse under Bush. We have had steady private sector growth and a decline in the public sector. It's completley ridiculous you won't give him any credit for it.

Idjit.

Wake up!

Yeah no shit. Because of what happened before he took office. How hard is it for you to get that?

Wait, so thing got worse after Obama took office because of Bush.
But things got better after Obama took office because of Obama?
Are you stoned?

Idjit.

Wake up!

Wait, so thing got worse after Obama took office because of Bush.
But things got better after Obama took office because of Obama?
Are you stoned?

Uh no shit got worse before Obama took office you dumb shit. I also didn't say Bush caused it.

OK, so you agree there is no cut. That's progress.
Hey, dummy. the middle class has done worse under Obama and the Democrats than under Bush. Obama's recovery is worse than Bush's recession.

Idjit.
The most recent data I can find is 2012. So what's your source for current data?

True.

False. It was 14.2% in January 2009 and was 13.6 % in September. Friday we learn October's numbers.

Are Democrats unable to come up with honest arguments? They have to keep trying to manufacture fake wars to create victims.

Pretty sad. Haven't you guys done anything you can actually argue for own merits on

Of course not.

No one said anything about hate, but they do work to undermine the poor at their own gain.

We undermine the poor by encouraging them to work hard and pull themselves out of poverty?

Idjit.
The most recent data I can find is 2012. So what's your source for current data?

True.

False. It was 14.2% in January 2009 and was 13.6 % in September. Friday we learn October's numbers.

U6 is virtually unchanged.
Chart: Median household incomes have collapsed since the recession

Did you have children?

Did you do their math homework for them?
Did you play their baseball games for them?
Instead of them taking a person out for a date, did you go on that date for them?
Did you brush their teeth for them?

Can you even understand what I am alluding to? Something tells Me that you will either understand and make some stupid comment about comparisons not being equal, or you won't have a clue about the point I am making.

Either way, you wanted a good argument for why we should be helping people to stand on their own, but I doubt you want to hear the hard truths about it.

Now, hit Me with your bumper sticker replies...

Reagan gave the wealthy a gift.

He taught the party of Jesus how to view the meek and disadvantaged as lazy parasites. Even though every economy has a certain number of poor people who cannot find work, as well as the handicapped, the party of Jesus learned how to hate them.

Reagan's family was dirt poor in the 30s. His father was given government assistance along with a government job. The Reagans were saved by FDR's New Deal. It's one of the main reasons that Reagan was originally a Democrat, and it's why he campaigned for Truman.

FDR viewed assistance as an investment in the American people. He thought that if you give people a hand when they are down, many of them will go on to lead productive lives and make great contributions. FDR trusted the American people. Reagan did not. He climbed up the ladder . . . and then he kicked it away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have children?

Did you do their math homework for them?
Did you play their baseball games for them?
Instead of them taking a person out for a date, did you go on that date for them?
Did you brush their teeth for them?

Can you even understand what I am alluding to? Something tells Me that you will either understand and make some stupid comment about comparisons not being equal, or you won't have a clue about the point I am making.

Either way, you wanted a good argument for why we should be helping people to stand on their own, but I doubt you want to hear the hard truths about it.

Now, hit Me with your bumper sticker replies...

Are you suggesting this non sense reply doesn't belong on a bumper sticker? How is that exactly?

Food Stamps are the biggest scam in America. Period. We are literally the fattest Nation on Earth and people are starving? Give me a fucking break.

Food Stamps are the biggest scam in America. Period. We are literally the fattest Nation on Earth and people are starving? Give me a fucking break.

Food stamps, you mean the things that help feed people? I agree with you that we are definitely the fattest nation on earth. Fat with self-interest, the wealth gap is so large, it baffles me to this day.

Food stamps, you mean the things that help feed people? I agree with you that we are definitely the fattest nation on earth. Fat with self-interest, the wealth gap is so large, it baffles me to this day.

Why does the wealth gap baffle you? From my observation, it only seems to baffle people who have nothing. My advice, get an education, work hard, dedicate yourself to creating wealth, and you won't be baffled anymore. :)

Why does the wealth gap baffle you? From my observation, it only seems to baffle people who have nothing. My advice, get an education, work hard, dedicate yourself to creating wealth, and you won't be baffled anymore. :)

To liberals, wealth and success is a taboo.

Wealth is very distinct isn't it? Thomas Paine agrees that social security was necessary hundreds of years ago, so did Benjamin Franklin. To quote French philosopher Jean Rousseau "the fruits are everyone's, and the earth no ones". When we as human beings have ambition in direct opposition with other's ambition, failure is inevitable. While some would like to still believe the guise of the "American Dream", it does not quite exist, anymore. The rich stifle the poor, its class warfare, in a capitalist society you will always have class warfare. What I am saying is that in a society based on classical republican principles it only seems right that we should care about our neighbors.

To liberals, wealth and success is a taboo.

My wife and I worked full time night shifts in a hospital to get through grad school. We worked our asses off. We are comfortable...not wealthy. But we worked years and years to get comfortable.

If you are an able bodied person in America and you are not willing to work hard and sacrifice to acquire some degree of comfort and wealth, frankly, too fucking bad. I don't owe you anything. America doesn't owe you anything.

America was built on the social contract of opportunity for all. Not free shit...not handouts. Opportunity. If you are too lazy or stupid to take advantage of the things this society offers...it is not my problem or societies.

Forum List

Back