Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

I'm just asking this for my own amusement, I already know the answer. Seriously, you don't follow this discussion?

kaz, the female voting %s put end to any point you have: you are fail on this.

We're just disagreeing on philosophy, so there is no "win" or "lose" for either of us. QUOTE]

I am a Republican, thus you have no idea what I believe.

You are a reactionary, thus you think all GOP think like you: you can't get beyond the hive mind of the reactionary statist right.

You are a little statist bee.

The rub is republicans still buy into the myth that jobs will just ‘trickle down.’

They don't trickle down. Actually they flood down. No one has a job but for a rich bastard who owns a corporation. And when rich bastards start corporations, they create lots of jobs.
Noah?

What happened to the flood?
Why haven't Republican policies worked?

Dude, government has gone from 20% to 25% of our economy. If you don't do something, how would it work? I didn't take my car to the garage and this morning it didn't start, WTF! I didn't go to the grocery store, and there's no food in my refrigerator. WTF! We didn't try capitalism, why didn't capitalism create jobs. WTF!

On the other hand, as government grows, jobs shrink, which is consistent with capitalism and yet you keep demanding more government to fix the problem. Other than the dumb jokes, lame points and inability to follow a discussion or make a coherent point, I do enjoy your posts though.

kaz, the female voting %s put end to any point you have: you are fail on this.

We're just disagreeing on philosophy, so there is no "win" or "lose" for either of us.

You are a reactionary, thus you think all GOP think like you: you can't get beyond the hive mind of the reactionary statist right.

I'm actually a libertarian. Which is demonstrated by my points being libertarian.

As for what you believe, your posts are all emanations directly from Obama's butt hole. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a liberal no matter what it calls itself.

You mean become Democrat-Lyte. There would be zero distinction between the two parties, hotshot. We need a strong Conservative party to counter the immoral and evil message the Democrats and the American Left are trying to force on us.
No. What I am saying is a Republican candidate can't support all conservative issues with zeal and win the presidency. Look at the Bush campaign in 2000. In his campaign he flip flopped on abortion and gay rights which won him some voters that leaned left. He never took a strong position and was never specific on reducing the size of government yet promised big tax cuts which got him support from the left and right. He infuriated environmentalist with his energy policy but gained some support from the center and left with his rejection of nation building and promise to keep the US out of foreign wars. His education policy which turned the teacher unions against him was partly nullified by some his federal educational initiates. Although I think Bush made a rotten president, Rowe designed a strong campaign that allowed a conservative to capture the while house. His campaign was definitely conservative, but it wasn't so far to the right that it couldn't capture some more moderate and Democrat votes.

It's politics not ideology that elects presidents and politics is all about compromise.
Remember the last two elections when your "ideal" Republicans ran? Limpwristed pussy "moderates" both. You have to remember that Social conservatives still make up a HUGE voting block of the GOP. Piss them off and it's Sayonara.
Social Conservatives are not near as big a voting block as you might think because there are so many diverse social conservative issues. A person may be a strong supporter of both gun gun control and prolife, approve of the ban on school prayer and oppose a path to citizenship, support gay marriage and limiting welfare spending.

The right doesn't realize just how big of a joke their phoney outrage over Obama has become. I wonder if they think the country is as stupid as they are? That the rest of the country cannot tell that 90% of what they say about Obama, is just made up non-sense?

When you launch into countrywide protests less than 10 days after his initial inauguration, before he's had a chance to do anything to protest about, do you really expect people to believe you got valid issues with his Administration?

WTF can any President do in 10 days that would spark so much outrage? Aside from Truman, nothing. Word to the right, nobody buy's your rap against Obama!

What I don't understand is, why the right chooses to make shit up about the President, when there are very serious issues about the man people should be outraged about?

everything in post #360 is true. If you think you can disprove any of it, please proceed.

As a starter tell us why the POTUS should be taking sides in a local self defense case in Sanford Fla.

This may come as a surprise to you and other conservatives, but presidents retain the right to express personal views and opinions on maters of National import, such as this case concerning race relations.

The president wasn’t addressing the Zimmerman case, but the specter of yet another young African-American male who lost his life and the perceived callous response by a seemingly uncaring Nation.

However much the partisan right may disagree and wish to belittle and ignore it, the fact remains that a majority of African-Americans still perceive themselves to live in a society and culture that continues to sanction de facto racism.

And that perception is just as valid as the right’s perception that there is no racism in America.

This also goes to the thread topic, where republicans continue to fail to at least respect and listen to the African-American perspective on issues concerning race, where these concerns are ignored and ridiculed by republicans. The proof of this can be found in numerous threads in this very forum.

Instead of engaging African-Americans in good faith dialogue with regard to how young black men are perceived by law enforcement and whites in general, conservatives defensively and insultingly respond with admonishments about ‘black on black’ crime, ‘homes without fathers,’ and the ‘entitlement mentality’ of blacks – all having nothing to do with the issues exposed by the Zimmerman case.

It’s no wonder African-Americans exhibit such disdain for the GOP.

Instead of engaging African-Americans in good faith dialogue with regard to how young black men are perceived by law enforcement and whites in general, conservatives defensively and insultingly respond with admonishments about ‘black on black’ crime, ‘homes without fathers,’ and the ‘entitlement mentality’ of blacks – all having nothing to do with the issues exposed by the Zimmerman case.

And yet if that same young black man decides he's tired of the Democrats' tired lies about how he can't succeed in a racist white country and leaves the Democratic party, then you and yours will destroy him with the lynching being led by the same black leaders.

What is a wonder is why blacks don't exhibit disdain for the Democratic Party, who are the true racists in this country telling blacks they can't make it on their own and they need the bar lowered and handouts to foster dependency.

There seems to be a very basic concept that gets missed. Far right conservatives make the claim that a more conservative candidate is more likely to win than a more moderate one. How? The far right is a virtual locked vote for whoever the GOP nominates. It's the moderates and "undecideds" who's vote must be earned in order to win. Simple concept.

Is the far right going to vote Democratic because GOP candidate is too moderate? That's a resounding NO.

Is the far right going to simply refuse to vote because the GOP candidate is not conservative enough? I doubt it.

Is the far right going to vote 3rd party because the GOP candidate is not conservative enough? Clearly the 2012 election does not support that notion. There was less support of 3rd party candidates than usual. Less than 2% of the popular vote went to 3rd-party candidates, and the rest voted Obama over Romney by a margin of almost 4%. Do the math. Even if every 3rd party vote went to Romney, Obama still would have won. Sure, a state or two might have been gained, but that's about it.

The case that a more conservative GOP candidate is needed to win in 2016 is ludicrous. Hopefully the they will see this.

What is a wonder is why blacks don't exhibit disdain for the Democratic Party,.

Yup, that's why we get 9% of the vote because of your nonsense. What a tool you are. Not even the libertarians will want you.

I'm actually a libertarian.

Nah, you are not worthy enough to be even a lowly libertarian.

You proved as a wannabee reactionary libertarian you have no political nuance or anything of worth to offer at all.

And yet you pass every time I ask you to name one argument I've made which is not libertarian. When you can do that, get back to me. But oooohhhhh, I'm not a libertarian. I'm going to go cry now. They call you the Attila of the Playground, don't they Jake?

I do like the vacuous liberals like you who say you're an "Eisenhower" Republican. Actually Democrats then were no where liberal as they are today, so that Republicans were as liberal as Democrats are today is just laughable.

What is a wonder is why blacks don't exhibit disdain for the Democratic Party,.

Yup, that's why we get 9% of the vote because of your nonsense. What a tool you are. Not even the libertarians will want you.

So Jake, if we become Democrats fostering dependency and preaching self victimization to beat them, then what is the point in winning?

They don't trickle down. Actually they flood down. No one has a job but for a rich bastard who owns a corporation. And when rich bastards start corporations, they create lots of jobs.
Noah?

Dude, government has gone from 20% to 25% of our economy. If you don't do something, how would it work? I didn't take my car to the garage and this morning it didn't start, WTF! I didn't go to the grocery store, and there's no food in my refrigerator. WTF! We didn't try capitalism, why didn't capitalism create jobs. WTF!

On the other hand, as government grows, jobs shrink, which is consistent with capitalism and yet you keep demanding more government to fix the problem. Other than the dumb jokes, lame points and inability to follow a discussion or make a coherent point, I do enjoy your posts though.

That is because it is a smaller economy.

Where are all those jobs we were promised from supply side economics? What about all those job creators formerly known as the wealthy?

The right doesn't realize just how big of a joke their phoney outrage over Obama has become. I wonder if they think the country is as stupid as they are? That the rest of the country cannot tell that 90% of what they say about Obama, is just made up non-sense?

When you launch into countrywide protests less than 10 days after his initial inauguration, before he's had a chance to do anything to protest about, do you really expect people to believe you got valid issues with his Administration?

WTF can any President do in 10 days that would spark so much outrage? Aside from Truman, nothing. Word to the right, nobody buy's your rap against Obama!

What I don't understand is, why the right chooses to make shit up about the President, when there are very serious issues about the man people should be outraged about?

everything in post #360 is true. If you think you can disprove any of it, please proceed.

As a starter tell us why the POTUS should be taking sides in a local self defense case in Sanford Fla.

This may come as a surprise to you and other conservatives, but presidents retain the right to express personal views and opinions on maters of National import, such as this case concerning race relations.

No, they don't. I'm not being argumentative but -- They don't.

Before they take Office, during a campaign? Fine.

But once you're President of The United States of America, I no longer give a flying fuck about ANY president's personal opinions, especially the Stuttering Clusterfukk's personal opinions.

I didn't care about Bush 41's, the rapist's, Bush 43's, Reagan's, Lincoln's, Washington's.

When you are President, you no longer have the luxury of having a personal opinion. Or, frankly, a personal life.

Presidents don't clock into work at 8:00AM and Clock out at 5:00PM.

What you've done here is show your ignorance, your juvenile attitude and your complete misunderstanding of our Country and how it works.

If scumbags like obama want to be Community Organizers, then they shouldn't run for president.

Oh By The Way (OBTW).

Funny how the piece of fukking shit makes this 'spur-of-the-moment' announcement the day before Sharptons' big 100 City March bullshit, huh?

I hate dimocraps.

All of them.

Even the little, inconsequential, stupid ones.

Last edited:
Noah?

So with a smaller economy, not needing a smaller, more affordable government doesn't occur to you? BTW, it's both that the government has grown and the economy has shrunk. A critical mind would recognize that's an issue.

Where are all those jobs we were promised from supply side economics? What about all those job creators formerly known as the wealthy?

You didn't get out much in the 80s and 90s, did you rw?

Last edited:

So with a smaller economy, not needing a smaller, more affordable government doesn't occur to you? BTW, it's both that the government has grown and the economy has shrunk. A critical mind would recognize that's an issue.

You didn't get out much in the 80s and 90s, did you rw?

How could he? He wasn't even born then

But once you're President of The United States of America, I no longer give a flying fuck about ANY president's personal opinions, especially the Stuttering Clusterfukk's personal opinions.

I didn't care about Bush 41's, the rapist's, Bush 43's, Reagan's, Lincoln's, Washington's.

When you are President, you no longer have the luxury of having a personal opinion. Or, frankly, a personal life.

What you've done here is show your ignorance, your juvenile attitude and your complete misunderstanding of our Country and how it works.

If scumbags like obama want to be Community Organizers, then they shouldn't run for president.

That's so cute...you actually think your opinion on what a Prez should or shouldn't do actually means something.

That's so cute...you actually think your opinion on what a Prez should or shouldn't do actually means something.

So you go to a ... wait for it ... message board. A ... wait for it ... political ... message board. And you're shocked and awed that you came across an ... wait for it ... opinion.

Wow. Every time I think the left can't get more stupid.

Of course you never criticized W for the same reason, right Erik? You know that W didn't care? Be honest, you don't even understand the question.

I did write a bit for your sig below.

Warning: This is a political message board, you may come across political opinions.

Oh By The Way (OBTW).

Funny how the piece of fukking shit makes this 'spur-of-the-moment' announcement the day before Sharptons' big 100 City March bullshit, huh?

I hate dimocraps.

All of them.

That is your opinion....who really cares?

Presidents are encouraged to give their opinion. It is part of leadership

So you go to a ... wait for it ... message board. A ... wait for it ... political ... message board. And you're shocked and awed that you came across an ... wait for it ... opinion.

Wow. Every time I think the left can't get more stupid.

Of course you never criticized W for the same reason, right Erik? You know that W didn't care? Be honest, you don't even understand the question.

I did write a bit for your sig below.

Warning: This is a political message board, you may come across political opinions.

Yes, you're kinda right, I suppose it does look like I'm shocked to find gambling going on in this casino. Thing is, at the same time, it doesn't mean every kind of argument or expression of opinion is equal in standing. It's pretty obvious that this is coming from pure ODS:

Therefore, I'm very happy to not only mock such an opinion but point out once again that the results of last election would indicate it's not exactly a widely-held one.

:)

Oh, and btw, of all the things I bashed the last guy in the WH over, I'm pretty sure publicly expressing a view on a particular issue wasn't one of them.

Last edited:

Oh By The Way (OBTW).

I hate dimocraps.

All of them.

That is your opinion....who really cares?

Presidents are encouraged to give their opinion. It is part of leadership

How about their personal opinion on religion? Is that okay?

Can, or rather should, the POTUS stand up on his podium and lecture us about the necessity to go to Church once a week? He can, but should he?

How about his 'personal opinion' on, say.... Morals?

How about if he stands up on his podium and tells all of us that any Man and Woman who live together are DAMNED TO HELL for living in sin?

How about if he stands up on the podium and tells the world that any woman who seeks an abortion is a murdering whore?

Just his 'personal opinion'

You wouldn't like that too much, would you?

God, I hate dimcraps. Stupid, selfish, prejudiced, short-sighted, myopic, hypocritical, self-serving... Did I mention stupid? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
How about if he tells the world that any gay butt-ranger who dies of AIDS deserves it?

Fucking idiots.

Forum List

Back