Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

sorry, dude, but you are the reactionary. see my sig:cool:

Reactionary is tied to extreme, sickish conservatism. See my sig and look up the terms.

read your own definition, it could be either party. but no matter, it is not applicable to today. I did the sig just to show how off base you are.

My sig def covers from the 18th to the 21st centuries, yours is merely a throwaway of no importance.

That is because it is a smaller economy.
So with a smaller economy, not needing a smaller, more affordable government doesn't occur to you? BTW, it's both that the government has grown and the economy has shrunk. A critical mind would recognize that's an issue.

Where are all those jobs we were promised from supply side economics? What about all those job creators formerly known as the wealthy?

You didn't get out much in the 80s and 90s, did you rw?

I learned that supply side economics didn't work.....why haven't you?

obviously you slept through the 80s and 90s, or were you in the mental institution for those 20 years?

So with a smaller economy, not needing a smaller, more affordable government doesn't occur to you? BTW, it's both that the government has grown and the economy has shrunk. A critical mind would recognize that's an issue.

obviously you slept through the 80s and 90s, or were you in the mental institution for those 20 years?

The personal insult only reflects on you, Redfish.

Supply side transfers money from the middle class to the upper classes. Accompany that with the creative budget making of Bush's people, and we end up with a Great Recession that hammers the lower 50%.

everything in post #360 is true. If you think you can disprove any of it, please proceed.

As a starter tell us why the POTUS should be taking sides in a local self defense case in Sanford Fla.

This may come as a surprise to you and other conservatives, but presidents retain the right to express personal views and opinions on maters of National import, such as this case concerning race relations.

No, they don't. I'm not being argumentative but -- They don't.

Before they take Office, during a campaign? Fine.

But once you're President of The United States of America, I no longer give a flying fuck about ANY president's personal opinions, especially the Stuttering Clusterfukk's personal opinions.

I didn't care about Bush 41's, the rapist's, Bush 43's, Reagan's, Lincoln's, Washington's.

When you are President, you no longer have the luxury of having a personal opinion. Or, frankly, a personal life.

Presidents don't clock into work at 8:00AM and Clock out at 5:00PM.

What you've done here is show your ignorance, your juvenile attitude and your complete misunderstanding of our Country and how it works.

If scumbags like obama want to be Community Organizers, then they shouldn't run for president.

Oh By The Way (OBTW).

Funny how the piece of fukking shit makes this 'spur-of-the-moment' announcement the day before Sharptons' big 100 City March bullshit, huh?

I hate dimocraps.

All of them.

Even the little, inconsequential, stupid ones.

Nonsense.

Since TR the bully pulpit has been the purview of every modern president to address what he considers to be issues of National importance, regardless how subjective.

Not only does the president have the right as a citizen to opine as to National issues but the duty to speak to the Nation and share his vision concerning those issues.

Apparently criticizing one's own party means they are a traitor.

The ability of an individual to be critical of one's own party demonstrates not only maturity but courage. Both are qualities the founders had in abundance.

If you disagree with Jake then confront his statements on their own merit. I don't always agree with him, and think he is more confrontational than he needs to be sometimes, but I am not immature enough to accuse him of lying about his votes or question where his loyalties are.

He often claims that the GOP has been damaged by those that would eliminate any variation of ideas within the party, and many posts on this thread unfortunately illustrate that.

Sad.

Reactionary is tied to extreme, sickish conservatism. See my sig and look up the terms.

read your own definition, it could be either party. but no matter, it is not applicable to today. I did the sig just to show how off base you are.

My sig def covers from the 18th to the 21st centuries, yours is merely a throwaway of no importance.

A reactionary holds political viewpoints that favor a return to a previous state (the status quo ante) in a society . Reactionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia re•ac•tion•ar•y (r-ksh-nr) adj. Characterized by reaction . . .; extremely conservative. reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia. Late in life, William F. Buckley made a confession. Capitalism is “boring,” he told me. “Devoting your life to it,” as conservatives do, “is horrifying if only because it’s so repetitious. It’s like sex.” Since that conversation ten years ago, I’ve been asking what is conservatism and what’s at stake for its proponents. . . . . From the French Revolution to the Tea Party, [extreme] conservatism has been a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace. Book | Corey Robin

the part in red is the only pertinent part, the rest is some bloggers opinion and a questionable quote from Buckley

Todays conservatives do not fit that definition, neither to do libertarians. Today's liberals fit it because they want to return to a previous state of monarchies of dictatorships with no individual freedoms and an oppressive government.

You really make yourself look stupid by continuing to use the term erroneously.

The points are excellent, correct, and make libertarians and extreme conservatives look stupid.

We don't want to go "back", Redfish.

The ability of an individual to be critical of one's own party demonstrates not only maturity but courage. Both are qualities the founders had in abundance.

If you disagree with Jake then confront his statements on their own merit. I don't always agree with him, and think he is more confrontational than he needs to be sometimes, but I am not immature enough to accuse him of lying about his votes or question where his loyalties are.

He often claims that the GOP has been damaged by those that would eliminate any variation of ideas within the party, and many posts on this thread unfortunately illustrate that.

Sad.

are you claiming that liberal democrats are not also guilty of that? when is the last time a lib/dem has said anything negative about obama or the dem party? on this forum or any news program, on the floor of congress, or anywhere else? they are all mindless robots, repeating talking points 24/7.

Where have I ever said "everything the GOP is doing is wrong"?

I voted for McCain and Romney, and I voted against every reactionary in the party where I could. The reactionaries are what is wrong with the GOP.

cite one post where you say the GOP is doing something right just one you always lie about how you voted for, but your posts show you clearly hate the GOP and love democrats

You are a known liar, so show where I did not, Yurt. You hate the GOP because you are a vile reactionary, who supports the likes of Issa.

Why do you resist reaching out to immigrants?

Why do you resist reaching out to women?

Why do you not want a fairer tax code that gives the working man a break?

What is wrong with you?

Now that's funny. Yurt asked you how you agree with Republicans and you demonstrated his point by telling him how you disagree with them.

And you demonstrated my point by repeating Democratic talking points and wanting to be like them.

You can't make it up.

Last edited:
The points are excellent, correct, and make libertarians and extreme conservatives look stupid.

We don't want to go "back", Redfish.

If you want a large oppressive government that controls every aspect of our lives, then you DO want to go back. you want a king, not a president who is only 1/3 of the govt.

the extremes on both the left and right look stupid. Why can't we deal in the middle where most people are?

Sad.

are you claiming that liberal democrats are not also guilty of that? when is the last time a lib/dem has said anything negative about obama or the dem party? on this forum or any news program, on the floor of congress, or anywhere else? they are all mindless robots, repeating talking points 24/7.

I'm not concerned with what the liberal democrats do. I'm more concerned with the success of the GOP. I suggest you engage in more self-improvement measures and less finger-pointing.

Sad.

I'm not concerned with what the liberal democrats do. I'm more concerned with the success of the GOP. I suggest you engage in more self-improvement measures and less finger-pointing.

You want the GOP to compromise its principles in order to get elected------thats how we got McCain and Romney. Fuck that, stick to what is right and the people will follow.

the people are not as stupid as you think they are.

Because dimocraps just care so much about making sure Republicans win elections...

:eusa_hand:

animated_gif_033_kiara_laughing.gif

That is because it is a smaller economy.

Where are all those jobs we were promised from supply side economics? What about all those job creators formerly known as the wealthy?

We barely did so called "supply side" and it lead to a 20 year boom. Then when we stopped doing it, we started an ongoing run of negative economic results.

Powerful stuff, I see why you're a Democrat.

You want the GOP to compromise its principles in order to get elected------thats how we got McCain and Romney. Fuck that, stick to what is right and the people will follow.

No. I want the GOP to be a place where more Americans can feel welcome. That is possible without compromising principles. Besides, the so-called principles of the far right do not and never have represented the whole of the GOP.

the people are not as stupid as you think they are.

I wasn't suggesting Americans were stupid.

Last edited:
Eight years of Obama will be quite enough of Liberal Democrats in-charge...

You can sense the mood on-the-street, in our online social media, and elsewhere...

Good examples include: (1) the way in which the American People accepted the Great Cutting Back (a.k.a. Sequester) and (2) popular acceptance of the very recent detachment of Food Stamps from the periodic Agricultural Subsidies legislation.

The GOP is likely to hold onto the House in 2014 and may even take back the Senate at that time...

And, with looming social-engineering disasters such as ObamaCare waiting to unfold as a bona fide political and economic disaster to be laid at the feet of the present Administration...

You get the sense that the country is hunkered-down, weathering the last of the Obama years, and hoping to limit or deflect the potential damage of yet further social engineering, until he's safely gone, once his term expires...

Folks were willing to give Obama's Liberal Democrat agenda a turn at the wheel...

But that 'Hope and Change' have long-since morphed into 'Disappointment and Anxiety' (with the Anxiety being attributable to fear of new taxes and train-wreck healthcare systems and yet more social-engineering dumb-ass ideas still waiting in the wings)...

As to the 2016 General Election...

Personally, I believe that Hillary Clinton is un-electable in a nationwide General Election, after the Whitewater Scandals, her husband's Impeachment, and the Benghazi affair, and there's nobody else warming-up in the bullpen to carry the baton once Obama steps down...

The Republicans haven't fielded a decent choice in some time now, but if they manage to get their act together and put-up a viable, appealing candidate, they'll probably take-back the White House as well...

All without playing Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkey and caving-in on so-called 'Immigration Reform' ( codespeak for Shamnesty)...

Last edited:
Where have I ever said "everything the GOP is doing is wrong"?

I voted for McCain and Romney, and I voted against every reactionary in the party where I could. The reactionaries are what is wrong with the GOP.

cite one post where you say the GOP is doing something right just one you always lie about how you voted for, but your posts show you clearly hate the GOP and love democrats

You are a known liar, so show where I did not, Yurt. You hate the GOP because you are a vile reactionary, who supports the likes of Issa.

What is wrong with you?

hey jake....here is proof you're a liar

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/304146-i-m-a-far-right-reactionary-because.html

see, unlike you, i actually back up my claims. you can't even cite on single post where you say the GOP is doing something right....in fact...you spazz out and demand i prove you did not...lmao...you want me to prove a negative because you can't prove you have ever said the GOP is doing something right :lol:

i don't resist reaching out to anyone....more jakey lies and proof you're nothing but a troll

What is wrong with you?

Now that's funny. Yurt asked you how you agree with Republicans and you demonstrated his point by telling him how you disagree with them.

And you demonstrated my point by repeating Democratic talking points and wanting to be like them.

You can't make it up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have posted this before, so it won't hurt to post it again for vile reactionaries like Contumacious and those who defend him. Let's see if they respond this time.

I have said repeatedly I have voted for Romney, and I worked very hard for him in my region and state. I supported Afghanistan, opposed Iraq. I opposed the drug prescriptions program for seniors (which affects us both, Foxfyre) and No Child Left Behind as incredibly costly programs in both cases and an unwarranted intrusion into education that was best left in the hands of the school boards and the state education agencies. I support the 2d Amendment's guarantee that I may own and bear arms. I believe that abortion best be limited to cases of incest, rape, and the health and life of the mother.

I oppose absolute abortion, I oppose neo-conservative imperialism, I oppose birtherism, I oppose trutherism, I oppose Tentherism, and I oppose any suggestion that we are individuals only and not a part of a social compact. I oppose reactionary hatred. I oppose the craziness of Santorum, Bachmann, Perry, and that ilk.

I am a mainstream Republican and have been since the day I went to school with Jack (John) Ford, the president's son. I have served the party honorably since I was my state's GOP Young Republican Chair so many years ago and all through the following years in many posts. I will continue opposing the reactionaries as I serve the best interests of the Republican Party.

Forum List

Back