Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

The rub is republicans still buy into the myth that jobs will just ‘trickle down.’

They don't trickle down. Actually they flood down. No one has a job but for a rich bastard who owns a corporation. And when rich bastards start corporations, they create lots of jobs.
Noah?

What happened to the flood?
Why haven't Republican policies worked?

Sadly, they have worked better than the Democratic policies.

They don't trickle down. Actually they flood down. No one has a job but for a rich bastard who owns a corporation. And when rich bastards start corporations, they create lots of jobs.
Noah?

you really need to add an "IMHO" on the end of that, because that really is nothing but your opinion.... sadly.

Apparently criticizing one's own party means they are a traitor.

The ability of an individual to be critical of one's own party demonstrates not only maturity but courage. Both are qualities the founders had in abundance.

If you disagree with Jake then confront his statements on their own merit. I don't always agree with him, and think he is more confrontational than he needs to be sometimes, but I am not immature enough to accuse him of lying about his votes or question where his loyalties are.

He often claims that the GOP has been damaged by those that would eliminate any variation of ideas within the party, and many posts on this thread unfortunately illustrate that.

Sad.

It is sad.

Although conservatives and republicans are understandably frightened at the prospect of change, change is the only way they’ll realize long-term political relevance.

The GOP needs to marginalize social conservatives and the radical fiscal right and pursue a pragmatic course of factual inclusiveness, not adhere blindly to a failed subjective dogma of division, conflict, ignorance, and hate.

The GOP needs to champion the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of same-sex couples to marry, which would be republicans’ inclination prior to the advent of the madness that overtook the Party when it was poisoned by the bane of the radical social right.

Unfortunately the prospects for this are grim – the gerrymandering on the state and local level combined with the fearful specter of being primaried have relegated the Old Guard to the sidelines, where they are pilloried as heretics and ‘RINOs,’ the irony of which is indeed tragic.

Noah?

you really need to add an "IMHO" on the end of that, because that really is nothing but your opinion.... sadly.

It's his opinion as well as the field of economics and all empirical data.

All you have is Democrats are right because liberalism is your religion, which allows you to believe that which your eyes contradict. The fact that liberalism doesn't work only strengthens your belief in it. Only a religion can achieve that level of fanaticism.

Apparently criticizing one's own party means they are a traitor.

The ability of an individual to be critical of one's own party demonstrates not only maturity but courage. Both are qualities the founders had in abundance.

If you disagree with Jake then confront his statements on their own merit. I don't always agree with him, and think he is more confrontational than he needs to be sometimes, but I am not immature enough to accuse him of lying about his votes or question where his loyalties are.

He often claims that the GOP has been damaged by those that would eliminate any variation of ideas within the party, and many posts on this thread unfortunately illustrate that.

Sad.

It is sad.

Although conservatives and republicans are understandably frightened at the prospect of change, change is the only way they’ll realize long-term political relevance.

The GOP needs to marginalize social conservatives and the radical fiscal right and pursue a pragmatic course of factual inclusiveness, not adhere blindly to a failed subjective dogma of division, conflict, ignorance, and hate.

The GOP needs to champion the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of same-sex couples to marry, which would be republicans’ inclination prior to the advent of the madness that overtook the Party when it was poisoned by the bane of the radical social right.

Unfortunately the prospects for this are grim – the gerrymandering on the state and local level combined with the fearful specter of being primaried have relegated the Old Guard to the sidelines, where they are pilloried as heretics and ‘RINOs,’ the irony of which is indeed tragic.

This will be a rare occasion in which I will support one of your posts openly and outright, but you are sadly correct here. However, I am not surprised that an outsider looking in is more capable of seeing the implosion than those involved, and thus illustrates the difference between objectivity and subjectivity.

Now I will go back to disagreeing with you most of the time.

So with a smaller economy, not needing a smaller, more affordable government doesn't occur to you? BTW, it's both that the government has grown and the economy has shrunk. A critical mind would recognize that's an issue.

You didn't get out much in the 80s and 90s, did you rw?

I learned that supply side economics didn't work.....why haven't you?

We barely did so called "supply side" and it lead to a 20 year boom. Then when we stopped doing it, we started an ongoing run of negative economic results.

Powerful stuff, I see why you're a Democrat.

We paid a price for that boom. We saw most of the wealth spread to the top one percent, we saw workers make more and more sacrifices and receive less and less for it. We saw a boom vested in debt that went to pay for unnecessary wars and an artificially low tax rate

That is what supply side bought us

[/B]

I learned that supply side economics didn't work.....why haven't you?

We barely did so called "supply side" and it lead to a 20 year boom. Then when we stopped doing it, we started an ongoing run of negative economic results.

We paid a price for that boom. We saw most of the wealth spread to the top one percent, we saw workers make more and more sacrifices and receive less and less for it. We saw a boom vested in debt that went to pay for unnecessary wars and an artificially low tax rate

Made up points supported by a dearth of economic data are certainly persuasive. Hmm...maybe "persuasive" isn't the word.

Questioning government to a liberal is like questioning Jesus to a Christian. That's why you hate Christians so much, people can only have one God.

Made up points supported by a dearth of economic data are certainly persuasive. Hmm...maybe "persuasive" isn't the word.

Questioning government to a liberal is like questioning Jesus to a Christian. That's why you hate Christians so much, people can only have one God.

The demise of the middle class since Reagan is hardly a made up point

I have quite an imagination, but even I would not have been able to shoehorn Christianity into that response. That is impressive.

I have quite an imagination, but even I would not have been able to shoehorn Christianity into that response. That is impressive.

It takes no imagination to see how liberalism is a religion. There is in fact no way that it's not a religion.

It takes no imagination to see how liberalism is a religion. There is in fact no way that it's not a religion.

Kaz is going goofy on us

Like I said, don't mean shit to me. You're only hurting yourself

Are you even capable of making a coherent, on point argument?

Trying to help you out.

Don't listen. I don't care.

It's your life you're screwing up.

So screeching out a whole page of racist rants is supposed to help me, how, exactly?

It seems you are the one screwing up your life with your insane hate.

Made up points supported by a dearth of economic data are certainly persuasive. Hmm...maybe "persuasive" isn't the word. Questioning government to a liberal is like questioning Jesus to a Christian. That's why you hate Christians so much, people can only have one God.

Straight up truth, bub, whether you like it or not.

Are you even capable of making a coherent, on point argument?

Trying to help you out.

So screeching out a whole page of racist rants is supposed to help me, how, exactly?

All edge can do is screech, having nothing to support the hatred.

Trying to help you out.

all you do is cry that people are far right reactionaries or vile reactionaries....while NEVER once backing up your whiny claim

poor jake

:)

all you do is cry that people are far right reactionaries or vile reactionaries....while NEVER once backing up your whiny claim

Yurt, you are a reactionary, a loser, a liar, and one who is having trouble staying on OP. Try it, please.

Yurt, you are a reactionary, a loser, a liar, and one who is having trouble staying on OP. Try it, please.

and your posts are right on topic

LOL

you and maineman should get a room and spare us the PDA

No argument that it can be for some. Carl Jung would have agreed with you to some extent. I have little use for liberals for whom statism is their religion either.

However, your views are far too extremist to be of any practical use.

Forum List

Back