Are Scientists Preparing for a FlipFlop Back to Global Cooling Predictions?

So called scientists are going to continue to make claims that line their pockets with gov/grant $$.
The oil and coal execs are making much more than a 70-90K a year climatologist. You`re an easily played sucker for the fossil fuel industry. You think? Ever?
No, you're duped by AGW alarmist politics.
The EPA, NOAA experts/scientists and atmospherics professors I know are all on the gov/grant dole.
Now dear little dumb fuck. Are all the scientists in the world on government dole? Whose government? All of them? My, my.

So called scientists are going to continue to make claims that line their pockets with gov/grant $$.
The oil and coal execs are making much more than a 70-90K a year climatologist. You`re an easily played sucker for the fossil fuel industry. You think? Ever?

Oil and coal executives make their money selling products that people willingly purchase.

Government funded researchers are puppets who produce "research" that confirms the government's agenda.
The drug dealers sell products that people willingly purchase.

Non sequitur much?

No, you're duped by AGW alarmist politics.
The EPA, NOAA experts/scientists and atmospherics professors I know are all on the gov/grant dole.
Now dear little dumb fuck. Are all the scientists in the world on government dole? Whose government? All of them? My, my.
What's the root word of the word that the 'I' represents in IPCC?
What makes you say all scientists? You need to vet your left wing propaganda better.

Virtually all the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academy of Sciences, and all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that say that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So what you are stating is that all these people from the many different cultures and nations are all in on a vast conspiracy. Don't wear your little tin hat so tight. It is cutting off the blood flow to your brain.

Virtually all the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academy of Sciences, and all the major Universities in the world have policy statements that say that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. So what you are stating is that all these people from the many different cultures and nations are all in on a vast conspiracy. Don't wear your little tin hat so tight. It is cutting off the blood flow to your brain.
You're the one in the tin hat. If you were objective you'd yield to experts and not just left wing friendly experts who are used for the political agenda of AGW alarmism.
Do some research and read the experts who disagree with the premise and those who agree but disagree with the propagated intensity of the issue and the extreme measures being undertaken in its name.
As a layman you owe yourself that honesty.

.The EPA, NOAA experts/scientists and atmospherics professors I know are all on the gov/grant dole.
The denialist flacks are on the industry dole. Who do you think pays more? :cool-45:
No, they're not. Professors emeritus of major universities are not on any dole and they dispute the AGW alarmists.
Be an honest layman.

The denialist flacks are on the industry dole. Who do you think pays more?
No, they're not. Professors emeritus of major universities are not on any dole and they dispute the AGW alarmists. Be an honest layman.
So, money corrupts my scientists, but not yours?!?! I think you should heed your own advice. You have no way of knowing whether any or all professors emeritus are on the dole or not and they certainly don't all dispute AGW.

Even I know it isn't to get rid of C02, but to decrease C02 to a level that doesn't affect our atmosphere's ability to retain heat. And since that somehow involves decreasing the use of fuels that spew crap into our air, I like it. We all gotta breathe.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I believe humankind has found a way to face its challenges before, and we will find alternatives that are better this time, too. Dragging our feet isn't helping anyone except the folks still heavily invested in fossil fuels.

CO2 doesn't "retain heat". That theory has failed. There is no demonstrable effect upon our atmosphere in the incredibly tiny amounts that CO2 exists in our atmosphere.

The American Institute of Physics, the largest Scientific Society in the world, says differently.

https://www.aip.org/history/climate/pdf/CO2.pdf

And then there is the American Geophysical Union;

agu,statement on global warming, 2013 - Yahoo Search Results Yahoo Search Results

Human‐Induced Climate Change Requires Urgent Action

Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes. Human activities are changing Earth’s climate. At the global level, atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other heat‐trapping greenhouse gases have increased sharply since the Industrial Revolution. Fossil fuel burning dominates this increase. Human‐caused increases in greenhouse gases are responsible for most of the observed global average surface warming of roughly 0.8°C (1.5°F) over the past 140 years. Because natural processes cannot quickly remove some of these gases (notably carbon dioxide) from the atmosphere, our past, present, and future emissions will influence the climate system for millennia.

Extensive, independent observations confirm the reality of global warming. These observations show large‐scale increases in air and sea temperatures, sea level, and atmospheric water vapor; they document decreases in the extent of mountain glaciers, snow cover, permafrost, and Arctic sea ice. These changes are broadly consistent with long‐ understood physics and predictions of how the climate system is expected to respond to human‐caused increases in greenhouse gases. The changes are inconsistent with explanations of climate change that rely on known natural influences.

Climate models predict that global temperatures will continue to rise, with the amount of warming primarily determined by the level of emissions. Higher emissions of greenhouse gases will lead to larger warming, and greater risks to society and ecosystems. Some additional warming is unavoidable due to past emissions.

hansen_global_cooling.png

Not sure what the article is saying and what this chart from the article is showing. It looks as if temperature will continue to increase.
No wonder Trump loves the undereducated.

Even I know it isn't to get rid of C02, but to decrease C02 to a level that doesn't affect our atmosphere's ability to retain heat. And since that somehow involves decreasing the use of fuels that spew crap into our air, I like it. We all gotta breathe.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I believe humankind has found a way to face its challenges before, and we will find alternatives that are better this time, too. Dragging our feet isn't helping anyone except the folks still heavily invested in fossil fuels.

CO2 doesn't "retain heat". That theory has failed. There is no demonstrable effect upon our atmosphere in the incredibly tiny amounts that CO2 exists in our atmosphere.
Not a theory, dumb ass. Direct observation from absorption spectra of CO2. Ask any physicist, or for that matter, any real geologist, what that means.

Not a theory, dumb ass. Direct observation from absorption spectra of CO2. Ask any physicist, or for that matter, any real geologist, what that means.

You really don't understand the English language do you. There is no doubt that CO2 is a GHG. What is not in doubt is that in the extremely LOW concentrations with which it exists in THIS atmosphere it has no measurable impact. Do you understand the word "MEASURABLE"? That means that no matter how hard we try we can find no direct impact on an increase in the trace element CO2 in THIS PLANETS atmosphere.

Were that not a true statement then when the CO2 was increasing at ever higher levels so to would the temperature which we have seen, in spite of your hero's pathetic attempt at data falsification, has not occurred. 1998 was the highest global temperature recorded at 62 some odd degrees. Far warmer than the current claim of 58 some odd degrees trotted out by the very same NOAA that made the first declaration.

So, factually, you are flat assed wrong.

You really don't understand the English language do you. There is no doubt that CO2 is a GHG. What is not in doubt is that in the extremely LOW concentrations with which it exists in THIS atmosphere it has no measurable impact. Do you understand the word "MEASURABLE"? That means that no matter how hard we try we can find no direct impact on an increase in the trace element CO2 in THIS PLANETS atmosphere.

Were that not a true statement then when the CO2 was increasing at ever higher levels so to would the temperature which we have seen, in spite of your hero's pathetic attempt at data falsification, has not occurred. 1998 was the highest global temperature recorded at 62 some odd degrees. Far warmer than the current claim of 58 some odd degrees trotted out by the very same NOAA that made the first declaration.

So, factually, you are flat assed wrong.
Mr. Westwall, you are completely full of shit.

NASA - Carbon Dioxide Controls Earth's Temperature

The study ties in to the geologic record in which carbon dioxide levels have oscillated between approximately 180 parts per million during ice ages, and about 280 parts per million during warmer interglacial periods. To provide perspective to the nearly 1 C (1.8 F) increase in global temperature over the past century, it is estimated that the global mean temperature difference between the extremes of the ice age and interglacial periods is only about 5 C (9 F).

"When carbon dioxide increases, more water vapor returns to the atmosphere. This is what helped to melt the glaciers that once covered New York City," said co-author David Rind, of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies. "Today we are in uncharted territory as carbon dioxide approaches 390 parts per million in what has been referred to as the 'superinterglacial.'"

"The bottom line is that atmospheric carbon dioxide acts as a thermostat in regulating the temperature of Earth," Lacis said. "The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has fully documented the fact that industrial activity is responsible for the rapidly increasing levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases. It is not surprising then that global warming can be linked directly to the observed increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide and to human industrial activity in general."

Who do we trust, you or NASA? Really silly question, correct?

Dr. Richard Alley, a glaciologist with a worldwide reputation, at the AGU Convention.

Unless our North Pole stops deteriorating and begins growing again and unless our glaciers stop decreasing and begin increasing, I doubt scientists will say the global warming is ending.

I'm actually old enough to remember "Global Cooling." Once, in a grocery store, I found a video in a bargain bin, it was a disaster movie to scare people about "Global Cooling." Just like 'Day After Tomorrow.'

Most people have short memories, but I don't forget.

I still remember the "Nuclear Winter" scare. It turned out that was based on a flawed 2-D model that didn't account for wind, or any other natural factor that would decrease the amount of material in the atmosphere over time.

I still remember all the predictions that the world would run out of fossil fuel, it was called the "Energy Crisis." That kind of died when price controls on gasoline was lifted and suddenly there was plenty of gasoline again.

I still remember the hole in the ozone that would kill us all if we didn't stop using underarm deodorant.

So, haven't lived through so many 'Chicken Little' scares perpetrated by scientists, I have lost my ability to be fooled again. So I never believed in "Global Warming" and I believe in it less now that they've retreated to the term "Climate Change."

Regardless, it doesn't hurt to get all that chemical shit out of our atmosphere. If we can eliminate it, why not?
You are talking about CO2, the shyt that plants put into the atmosphere.

Now think about that; how do we get rid of all that chemical shyt unless we....get rid of all the god damned plants?

Dude, $90k annually is about what an engineer makes.

CEO of all companies/corporations across the board are making far more than $200k, dude.

roflmao

Forum List

Back