Are the cops COWARDS?

Do you think police active shooter policy needs to change?

• Yes, allowing an active shooter more time to kill is cowardly

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK, here is a source:

Three days after the massacre, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw spoke to reporters at a press conference and laid out the actions of 18-year-old killer Salvador Ramos and the inaction of police officers on the scene.

11:28 a.m.: Ramos crashes his vehicle in a ditch outside the school. Two men at a nearby funeral home hear the crash and run to the scene. However, they see a man with a gun get out. Ramos shoots at them but misses.

11:31 a.m.: Ramos, standing outside, begins shooting at the physical school building.

11:33 a.m.: Ramos enters the building. He shoots in “Room 111 or Room 112,” according to McCraw. In just the opening few minutes, he fires at least 100 bullets.

OK, it's hard IMHO to bitch about the cops if this is the true story. I don't see how they could have prevented to shooter from entering the school.

11:35 a.m.: Three officers with the Uvalde Police Department enter through the same door that Ramos did. A four-man team follows them shortly afterward, including three Uvalde officers and a deputy with the Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office. Two of the first three officers move straight toward Ramos. He shoots at them, and they’re grazed by bullets, according to McCraw.

11:37 a.m.: Another several rounds are fired.

11:51 a.m.: Uvalde Police Department higher-ups and other agents begin arriving on the scene.

12:03 p.m.: As many as 19 law enforcement officers have gathered in a hallway outside the classroom where Ramos is barricaded. A little girl in Room 112 calls 911. Police did not specify which room Ramos was in, or the school floor plan.

12:10 p.m.: The girl in Room 112 calls 911 again and says multiple people have been shot dead..

12:13 p.m: The girl calls 911 for a third time.

12:15 p.m.: Members of a Border Patrol tactical team arrive.

12:16 p.m.: The girl calls 911 again, says eight or nine kids are still alive.

12:19 p.m.: A different girl, from a different classroom, calls 911. She hangs up when a classmate tells her to.

12:36 p.m.: The first girl once again calls 911.

12:46 p.m.: On a 911 call, the girl says she can hear the police outside.

12:50 p.m.: The Border Patrol tactical team storms the classroom and kills Ramos.
Where's the mistakes? The locals wisely waited for those most qualified to arrive.

Where's the mistakes? The locals wisely waited for those most qualified to arrive.

The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety criticized the police chief of the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District on Friday, saying he acted too slowly in responding to the elementary school gunman who killed 21 people, including 19 children.

Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the incident commander — identified by the San Antonio Express-News as Uvalde CISD police chief Pete Arredondo — believed the situation was no longer an active shooter, but that of a barricaded suspect.

But 911 calls, reviewed by Texas Rangers, reveal that at least two people inside the Robb Elementary School classroom called police and reported that there were children inside who were alive.

While I think the cops royally fucked up here, I think that the anti-cop atmosphere that has been created by Dimocrats, and groups like BLM, may indeed played a role in the hesitation to rush in.
Not saying it's right, but Jason Whitlock's comments are not too far off.

"I'm not defending the actions of the officers. But we've demonized law enforcement to the point that there are far fewer rewards for being a hero, for taking risks. When your culture makes George Floyd the hero, real heroes stand down. Cultural rot has consequences."
I say that is bullshit.

John McClain took out several German terrorist and they had machine guns !!
He could have just stay hidden

Because that is what they are being PAID to do.

Why are cops quitting?

Again. Who would do a low respect low paid job where you are expected to give your life for a public that has no respect for you?

Maybe we'd better figure that out fast. You think?

Because they're being treated like shit.

This.

I can't condone what those cops did in Uvalde--it's an outrage. But again let's look at what we as society expect from them. We expect for little pay and no respect that they will take bullets for us and our children.

Why?

Why should they do this--why should anyone?

Anyone have an answer?

This is the question I asked in the middle of all the cop hate in defund the police and it's the question I asked when it was cool to call teachers "groomers". Now with the destruction all around them my fellow conservatives are running cover, "oh we never said that". Sure you didn't. Uh huh

This.

I can't condone what those cops did in Uvalde--it's an outrage. But again let's look at what we as society expect from them. We expect for little pay and no respect that they will take bullets for us and our children.

Why?

Why should they do this--why should anyone?

Anyone have an answer?

This is the question I asked in the middle of all the cop hate in defund the police and it's the question I asked when it was cool to call teachers "groomers". Now with the destruction all around them my fellow conservatives are running cover, "oh we never said that". Sure you didn't. Uh huh

Now this info is a few years old but in 2019 the average pay for a police officer in Texas was $64,000. Not huge money but hardly "little pay" either. Especially when you consider this is a job you do not have to have anything but a high school education to qualify for.

Now I am all for changing that. Better pay but also far higher qualified to get the job in the first place.

Here’s How Much Money Police Officers Earn In Every State

Again. Who would do a low respect low paid job where you are expected to give your life for a public that has no respect for you?

Maybe we'd better figure that out fast. You think?
For cryin' out loud, just quit already!

It is with heartfelt gratitude that I say to you right-wingers that I am happy you finally agree with me:

fuck the police
I do not agree with you even if its proven that the cops in uvalde used poor judgement

Which its beginning to look like they did

We’ll see

I do not agree with you even if its proven that the cops in uvalde used poor judgement

Which its beginning to look like they did

We’ll see

Jumping a young man and injecting him with drugs simply because he wanted left alone while walking home from the store is extremely poor judgement also. Hopefully they end up accountable for that poor judgement.

Lying to a judge because you just know better than the facts is extremely poor judgement.

Firing your gun and then asking questions later is extremely poor judgement.

You've had a history of defending extremely poor judgement and here we are.

Jumping a young man and injecting him with drugs simply because he wanted left alone while walking home from the store is extremely poor judgement also. Hopefully they end up accountable for that poor judgement.
what are you talking about?

Forum List

Back