Are There Any In The Realm Of Politics Whom You Genuinely Admire...?

people who are currently active in the realm of politics...

elected officials, unelected candidates, pundits, commentators, philosophers, etc...

in the US or elsewhere...
Glen Greenwald
Senator Bernie Sanders
Dylan Ratigan
Karen Finney
Senator Olympia Snowe
Christopher Hayes
Rachel Maddow

Can't get behind most of this list, but I have to second Greenwald. Consistently principled and rational - all too rare for a modern liberal (or a conservative for that matter).
Glen Greenwald is the reason I signed up for twitter.

You only like Olymia and Rachel because they're so hawt.
I think Rachel is cute.
RachelMaddow.jpg

Rachel-Maddow-20906341-1-402.jpg

But that's not why I picked her.

That dude is fugly.

Uh-huh. But you think Si modo's two picks are cutie-pies? You're sick.

090831_george_will_ap_297.jpg

135019_5_.jpg

Didn't she go completely silent once Obama won? The war had not ended and as I recall she didn't protest at one democrat house that voted for either war. She was a tool in my opinon.
She did get arrested at Congress. Those same democrats were there to. As far as Obama, she protested his policies to, but not on the same level she protested Bush's and that's understandable. Bush was the one who created the lie, Obama's guilty of continuing it.

One more, the only politician I've ever actually given money to -- Jerry Brown.

During his first tenure as Governor (1972-1980), he canceled every single road building project in California, thus ensuring the worst traffic congestion in the U.S. Thanks a lot.

One of the wisest person about economics, Dr. Thomas Sewell.

Oh I forgot about Sowell. I read his opinion columns in the Times Free Press quite often. He's very opinionated and he's not afraid to show it. You've got to respect that.

You only like Olymia and Rachel because they're so hawt.
I think Rachel is cute.
RachelMaddow.jpg

Rachel-Maddow-20906341-1-402.jpg

But that's not why I picked her.

I liked her more before the operation:

RACHEL-MADDOW-YEARBOOK-PHOTO-214x300.jpg

lol... I'm somehow reminded of the exchange at 0:40 of this clip... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_69KA0PKYI&list=PLDEB3B37DA67784CC]Goodbye, Columbus (9/10) Movie CLIP - You're Next! (1969) HD - YouTube[/ame]

One more, the only politician I've ever actually given money to -- Jerry Brown.

During his first tenure as Governor (1972-1980), he canceled every single road building project in California, thus ensuring the worst traffic congestion in the U.S. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, he turned out to be more fiscally conservative than Reagan, sometimes to a fault. He's a miser.

But ascribing California's traffic to Jerry Brown, well that's kind of off the charts.

That dude is fugly.

Uh-huh. But you think Si modo's two picks are cutie-pies? You're sick.

090831_george_will_ap_297.jpg

135019_5_.jpg
None of them are all that attractive, but two of the three are not bitter dykes. You guess which one.....

Um... I see two bitter people there ... :confused:

Come to think of it I can't remember ever seeing George Will smile at all. Not sure about Krauthammer either.

But more to the point -- how do we arrive at people we admire or don't admire in politics based on what they look like?

Last edited:
Current Politician: Barack Obama
Former President my lifetime: Bill Clinton
Past President: FDR
Conservative Politician Chris Christie
Liberal Pundit: Thom Hartmann
Conservative Pundit: Meghan McCain
Liberal Humorist: Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Hal Sparks
Conservative Humorist: Ha Ha.......as if they exist.

Forum List

Back