Are There Any Moderates in Today's Democratic Party?

If so, who are they?

If not, why not?

Or, are most Obamacrats?

Please define what a moderate Democrat is.
It is the most extreme party in this country the south broke away from the Union.

They may even be more extremist than that.

#1 Winger blogs and the NYT do not make something truth.. government sponsored universal healthcare, subsidized health care, etc is a LEFTIST ideal... and BTW, Romney was about as moderate a registered REP as you could get... and while I may be a social moderate, I am a fiscal conservative and I could not support nor did I support Romney

Is Paul Ryan a leftist? He describes his comprehensive 2009 health reform proposal (the Patients' Choice Act) thusly:

The Patients’ Choice Act would ensure that the federal government partners with states to create State Health Insurance Exchanges with the following benefits:
  • One‐stop marketplace for health insurance. Individuals would get a hassle‐free opportunity to choose the plan that best meets their needs through an Exchange.
  • Benefits by the same standard used for Members of Congress. Plans offering coverage through an Exchange would have to meet the same statutory standard used for the health benefits given to Members of Congress.
  • Guaranteed access to care. The Exchange would require all participating insurers to offer coverage to any individual—regardless of patient age or health history.
  • Affordable premiums. Under the status quo, plans offering coverage to individuals often charge exorbitant premiums. The Patients’ Choice Act solves this very real problem through a model that works in several European countries: independent risk‐adjustment among insurance companies. A non‐profit, independent board would penalize insurance companies that cherry pick healthy patients while rewarding companies that seek patients with pre‐existing conditions. This solution would ensure health insurers compete based on superior products and the lowest price.

Integrate low‐income families with dependent children into higher quality private plans through direct assistance. In addition to a tax rebate, families would receive enough extra money to buy the private plan that best fits their needs.

Forum List

Back