Are There Any Moderates in Today's Democratic Party?

So Romney's the only moderate?

Hardly... (and you notice, idiot, the only one that said that was YOU) but you guys sure labeled him as right wing during the election...

He was more moderate or centrist than Obama ever has been or ever will be

:eusa_pray:

They were both basically "centrist", which is to say totalitarians.

Still waiting for one of the sheep to explain the difference between a "moderate" R and a "moderate" D....

Last edited:
RINOs are moderate Republicans. Almost all Dems are moderate Dems. Universal health care is a moderate ambition. Nationalizing Big Oil is leftist lol.

If so, who are they?

If not, why not?

Or, are most Obamacrats?

Please define what a moderate Democrat is.

You know that is a great question? In my opinion--there isn't a dime's worth of difference between a moderate republican and a moderate democrat. I think we believe in government responsibility--we believe that they work for us.

Where our differences come from is the left wing nut-cases and the right-wing nut cases that put our goals and interests at war with one-a-another. And if we moderates are combined--regardless of political affiliation--we are the power--that controls government. And if we can get away with the R or D behind names and look at common sense--then we the people will regain control over government.

Last edited:
There are plenty of moderate Democrats and Republicans, you just want find them on USMB. There're to busy working 40+ hours a week and raising a family. Unfortunately it's not the vast number of moderates that form the image of a party, it's the most extreme elements.

Moderates are more dangerous than idealogic counterparts in many ways. Moderates guarantee a steady traverse from what is true (right or left) into the abyss, whereas extremists guarantee a solid foundation of opposition.

If so, who are they?

If not, why not?

Or, are most Obamacrats?

Please define what a moderate Democrat is.

Not according to the last election.

obama-forward-fingerpoint-blame-bush-cartoon.jpg

I'd say most of the establishment Republicans are moderates...they'd give in in a heartbeat...except for the threat of being primaried, they'd fold like cheap suits.

Establishment politicians don't have principles, their positions shift with the political wind...what will it take to get reelected.

However many moderate democrats or moderate republicans there are, there shouldn't be any. There are fewer every day.

Liberal = Founders of the Constitution.

Today's "liberals" have nothing in common with the Founders of the Constitution.

Only because you whimpy conned'servantives let rush limbaugh define your language for you.

Since when has Limbaugh determined Liberal policies?

You define your principles. And you've made it clear they have nothing in common with the Constitution which calls for a LIMITED Federal Government.

Of course the winger trolls like franco will try and claim that Obama and the other prominent DEMs are 'centrists'.. this is far from the truth though.. just like they tried to portray Romney as a 'right winger'... this is all part of their not-so-clever ploy to trick people into moving left...

There are few moderate DEMs in the current federal government.. but I completely believe that there are quite a few blue dog DEMs left in the population... I think a lot of the moderates that used to be DEM and REP may start swaying Libertarian though.. for both parties leave a foul taste in the mouths of people who actually think

for both parties leave a foul taste in the mouths of people who actually think

yep....a very foul taste.....

of people who actually think

Frankie sure hell doesn't....have you ever seen him question anything the Democrats say or do?....i sure as hell never have.....the dumbass believes the Democrats never lie to you.....

I'd say most of the establishment Republicans are moderates...they'd give in in a heartbeat...except for the threat of being primaried, they'd fold like cheap suits.

Establishment politicians don't have principles, their positions shift with the political wind...what will it take to get reelected.

You mean compromise and allow the country to move forward, respect a bit the will of the majority, brainwashed ignorant dupe?

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) One real jobs bill, a-holes?

Today's "liberals" have nothing in common with the Founders of the Constitution.

Only because you whimpy conned'servantives let rush limbaugh define your language for you.

I am neither conservative nor listen to Rush Limbaugh, but thanks for playing.

Not all of us fit into the left / right paradigm. You sound like a child. Are you?

Sound more like a Beckbot "historian" lol. All the same Pubcrappe anyway, and NOT conservative, just hater duperie straight from the greedy idiot chickenhawk rich...

I am neither conservative nor listen to Rush Limbaugh, but thanks for playing.

Not all of us fit into the left / right paradigm. You sound like a child. Are you?

Sound more like a Beckbot "historian" lol. All the same Pubcrappe anyway, and NOT conservative, just hater duperie straight from the greedy idiot chickenhawk rich...

I don't even know what any of that means, but as long as feel you just accomplished something with the two minutes you wasted writing it. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back