Are these examples of stereotypes???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I saw this thread title:
"Isn't it safe to say that the rightwing ideology of the present day is just belief in stereotypes?"
So I wanted to find "stereotypes" and see if people agree...not just conservatives.
The definition of a "stereotype"....
"a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing."

Since I live in Florida and Texas here are images of my STEREOTYPES...
African -American...
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 6.04.16 AM.png

Unemployed, saggy pants African-American youths.
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 6.05.51 AM.png

Trump African-American Supporters...
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 6.03.44 AM.png

You have examples of positive and negative stereotypes.

You realize there is a difference?

You have examples of positive and negative stereotypes.

You realize there is a difference?
Does the definition describe any distinction?"a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing."
Where is the difference between positive and negative? A stereotype is defined above.
NOW what you mean is I showed "negative" and "positive" stereotypes. Be very clear and precise in your criticism ok?

I remember back in the "liberal" public school system the "instructors" were told to make a point of that all stereotypes are bad, that we should not assume for example that since so many afro-americans commit violent crime, that an afro-american we encounter has criminal inclinations. They essentially set up students for being victims.

Discrimination and stereotyping is really a subconscious self defense reaction.

It is difficult to eliminate such thinking if it is constantly being reinforced.

The best way to stop such thinking is to stop the actions that reinforce such thinking. I.e. for African american youths to stop the trend of wearing their pants around their knees!!

white americans

widemodern_family_091113620x413.jpg

poorly educated white trash americans

4QgZsbm.jpg

white trump supporters

mwawWnO.jpg

I saw this thread title:
"Isn't it safe to say that the rightwing ideology of the present day is just belief in stereotypes?"
So I wanted to find "stereotypes" and see if people agree...not just conservatives.
"a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing."

View attachment 77200

so is she the token 'African American' that trump pointed out in the crowd & said 'was his'? :afro:

I saw this thread title:

Since I live in Florida and Texas here are images of my STEREOTYPES...
African -American...
View attachment 77198

Unemployed, saggy pants African-American youths.
View attachment 77199

View attachment 77200

The acceptance of statistical facts can hardly be called a "belief".

But since the LW regressive ideology rejects truth I am not surprised of your comments.

As such it's not surprising that the LWers attempt to portray Trump supporters as Dumb, a false stereotype, and also a case of projection.

I saw this thread title:

View attachment 77200

so is she the token 'African American' that trump pointed out in the crowd & said 'was his'? :afro:

Which one? I see two for sure "African American... one possibly Asian-american and maybe one caucasian.

stereotype1.png

There are a large number of African Americans that support Donald Trump.

This is more due to the reaction of the poor performance of the economy in terms of the African American community than anything else.

The more the economy sours, the more likely African Americans will blame Obama and the Democrats and turn right. That is a natural political response.

So no. Those are not token blacks. More like ex-Obama supporters that feel betrayed.

Which one? I see two for sure "African American... one possibly Asian-american and maybe one caucasian.

View attachment 77205

didn't see the 2nd one. lol..........ok, both then.

0QWM4Qk.jpg
trumps been in the public eye for over 30 years, but now, all of a sudden, magically, he's a racist and a sexist.

leftist are so easily led around it's stunning

sweety, I remember hearing him so many times on howard stern years ago. he has ALWAYS been a sexist going back to when he was still married to wifey #1.

as for his racism? ya, he's said things here & there over the years that has shown him to be less than stellar when it came to those that weren't lily white like him.

now be a good little skeeter & pretend your nominee isn't exactly what he is & is showing the rest of the world; & what us thinking individuals have known for years.

lol

lol

LOL.

You almost gotta laugh. The post is an example of the desperate left's attempt at stereotyping to avoid talking about issues.

View attachment 77205

0QWM4Qk.jpg
trumps been in the public eye for over 30 years, but now, all of a sudden, magically, he's a racist and a sexist.

sweety, I remember hearing him so many times on howard stern years ago. he has ALWAYS been a sexist going back to when he was still married to wifey #1.

as for his racism? ya, he's said things here & there over the years that has shown him to be less than stellar when it came to those that weren't lily white like him.

now be a good little skeeter & pretend your nominee isn't exactly what he is & is showing the rest of the world; & what us thinking individuals have known for years.

lol

lol

LOL.
leftist snowflakes weren't offended until he got the lead.

so you taking offense now if just fucking pathetic.

and I'm not a rep

but good luck voting for evil.

View attachment 77205

0QWM4Qk.jpg

lol

lol

LOL.
leftist snowflakes weren't offended until he got the lead.

so you taking offense now if just fucking pathetic.

and I'm not a rep

but good luck voting for evil.

'evil'. holy cow. now that IS funny.

Forum List

Back