Are We Alone?

You poor fucking ignoramous. You really need to find out what the Periodic Table of elements means.

Each element has a distinct number of protons. Counting the elements that man has created, we are up to 111 protons in a nucleus. But the heavier elements, and especially the manmade elements, are not stable, many with a half life of a miniscule fraction of a second.

I now understand why you are such a trailer trash Conservative.

Got a headache from Chris' headboard again, Rockhead?

You poor fucking ignoramous. You really need to find out what the Periodic Table of elements means.

Each element has a distinct number of protons. Counting the elements that man has created, we are up to 111 protons in a nucleus. But the heavier elements, and especially the manmade elements, are not stable, many with a half life of a miniscule fraction of a second.

Oh my, our Rent-A-Boy again with his fetishes.:lol:

Oh my, our Rent-A-Boy again with his fetishes.:lol:

No. Just trying to figure out why you're throwing tantrums on here like a four-year old in the cereal aisle. Chris give you a um hard time again?

Some thoughts here.

Any planet that we find in the Goldilocks Zone that has an Oxygen atmosphere will have life, that is to only way that such a planet can develop such an atmosphere.
didnt read beyond there

why would the evolution on another world be dependent on Oxygen?
who's to say they couldn't evolve a life that breathed nitrogen more so?

Absolutely. We have completely alien ecosystems here on Earth. The black smokers have tube worms and a whole host of other creatures that exist independant of the sun and photosynthesis. They have a completely foreign system that operates via chemosynthesis and they derive their nutrients fom sulfides.

What makes the Goldilocks region so important is the availability of liquid water. That is the significant factor. O2 is not the important factor.

Of course then you need some rocks and lightning that way it can rain and rain on the rocks with a few shocks here and there. That will create life or at least so we are told.

didnt read beyond there

Absolutely. We have completely alien ecosystems here on Earth. The black smokers have tube worms and a whole host of other creatures that exist independant of the sun and photosynthesis. They have a completely foreign system that operates via chemosynthesis and they derive their nutrients fom sulfides.

What makes the Goldilocks region so important is the availability of liquid water. That is the significant factor. O2 is not the important factor.

Dive Con is pretty ignorant when it comes to science, but for someone that claims a degree in geology to not understand the importance of finding an oxygen atmosphere in a planet in the goldilocks zones is beyond comprehension.

As any finishing first year geology student knows (thus confirming that you in fact never took those geology classes you claim) Earth had an anaerobic atmosphere. Oxygen first shows up as a trace element about 2.5 billion years ago and didn't become free in the atmosphere until 1.7 billion years ago and this was due to the life that was blooming all over the planet. Free oxygen in the atmosphere exists because of life, not the other way around. Liquid water is the critical factor in a goldilocks planet.

Feel free to look it up.

didnt read beyond there

Of course then you need some rocks and lightning that way it can rain and rain on the rocks with a few shocks here and there. That will create life or at least so we are told.

That is certainly one possibility. I am a true scientist however so I am an agnostic. There is no proof for or against the existence of God. I respect all views and enjoy speaking with religious people about their beliefs as much as I do scientists.

That is certainly one possibility. I am a true scientist however so I am an agnostic. There is no proof for or against the existence of God. I respect all views and enjoy speaking with religious people about their beliefs as much as I do scientists.
my npoint being, on another world where argon gas was aprox 20% of the atmosphere and oxygen only a trace element, why wouldnt any life that was evolving breath Argon more than Oxygen

any true scientist wouldnt discount that as a possibility

my npoint being, on another world where argon gas was aprox 20% of the atmosphere and oxygen only a trace element, why wouldnt any life that was evolving breath Argon more than Oxygen

Absolutely, you didn't hear me arguing against you! Your observation is completely valid.

Absolutely, you didn't hear me arguing against you! Your observation is completely valid.
yes, i know
but old rocks in the head claims to be a true scientist

i KNOW what it means you dipshit

that in NO WAY eliminates the possibility of additional elements on other worlds

Yes it does eliminate the possibility, unless you think the laws of nature change when you leave our solar system. There are no other natural elements to be found. They're inherently unstable.

yes, i know

LOL!!! No wonder you guys can't understand the GW debate. You don't have the vaguest notion of real science. No true scientist would agree with either of you, they'd be ROTFL.

that in NO WAY eliminates the possibility of additional elements on other worlds

Yes it does eliminate the possibility, unless you think the laws of nature change when you leave our solar system. There are no other natural elements to be found. They're inherently unstable.

You sound like the guys who thought the Earth was the center of the solar system and universe.

yes, i know

LOL!!! No wonder you guys can't understand the GW debate. You don't have the vaguest notion of real science. No true scientist would agree with either of you, they'd be ROTFL.
you two morons are too narrow minded to be true scientists

so, you are claiming there are no other natural elements to be found

do you even know there are places on THIS world people have never been?

What's your thought on life on other planets? Intelligent life?

Odds are that there is life out there. Odds are that we wouldn't want to know them or have them know about us.

They would certainly not be at OUR level. Either they are hopelessly undeveloped like cave men or worse..like NewGOPers..or far more advanced than us and would see us as a commodity. Almost all life on earth is predatory. There are very few examples that are not. To think we are going to find some benevolent super race of beings that will share 411 with us is far beyond foolish. It is suicidal.

Those thay think we are special or god will protect us will be our demise....and it won't be pretty. At best we can hope that when they come they will kill us outright before they consume us. The thought of watching humans getting eaten alive like a praying mantis's eating cocaroaches would be a gruesome sight.

so, you are claiming there are no other natural elements to be found

do you even know there are places on THIS world people have never been?

YES, that's ABSOLUTELY true. Go ask a chemist. I'm sorry but Unobtainium will NEVER be found. All stable elements have been either found or synthesized. All other heavier elements are inherently unstable. You can search from the bottom of the sea to the most faraway galaxy and you WILL NOT find another naturally occuring element.

Forum List

Back