*Are we doomed?

Doubletap

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2012
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.

At which poiint, a new dark age begins.

As more and more people develop the entitlement mindset, and elect leaders and representatives that pander to same, the fall into economic and societal oblivion is only a question of when.

Yada, yada, yada, you believe that the majority of Americans would choose a government stipend of $1000 per month over working for a wage that pays them double or much more. It cracks me up that people actually buy into such nonsense. America is being brought to its knees because of all the poor people, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Jonathan Chait

The Lefties have analyzed the republican party to death since the election.
And their advise is that the GOP to win elections needs to be more like the Democrat party.

I want the republican party to be smarter about who they are and be very aggressive about defending who they are.

Romney and the party were very timid about defending against the charge that Romney was responsible in the death of that lady from cancer.That was a huge mistake.One of many.

Yada, yada, yada, you believe that the majority of Americans would choose a government stipend of $1000 per month over working for a wage that pays them double or much more. It cracks me up that people actually buy into such nonsense. America is being brought to its knees because of all the poor people, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
When you can post something that refutes what I said please do let me know.
At this point, howevem, it's clear you do not understand what I said, so I suspect it will be quite a while before I hear back from you with that.

Last edited:
And their advise is that the GOP to win elections needs to be more like the Democrat party.

I want the republican party to be smarter about who they are and be very aggressive about defending who they are.

Romney and the party were very timid about defending against the charge that Romney was responsible in the death of that lady from cancer.That was a huge mistake.One of many.
Indeed - Ideologically, the GOP contines to slide to the left, with the Dems headed that way even faster. Without something to -reverse- the slidle, the end is inevitable.

There is no such thing as an ‘entitlement mindset,’ it’s as much a myth and rightist contrivance as ‘political correctness.’

Actually not.

The advice from democrats has only been to be more like republicans.

There is no such thing as an ‘entitlement mindset,’ it’s as much a myth and rightist contrivance as ‘political correctness.’

You don't talk to many people who live off the government, do you?

And society as we know it is doomed. Our culture of death can't last. When the people get bad enough, society will destroy itself in some way. The Remnants will create a new culture and a new society.

Nothing radical about it. It's happened many times in human history. You can tell society is close when people are so arrogant that they start claiming it can never happen, despite it happening throughout all human history. Somehow we are better than people were in the past and we can avoid it despite doing the same stupid things. It would be mildly amusing if it wasnt so tragic.

You don't talk to many people who live off the government, do you?

Here is the problem with your mindset. You believe that all these people are on welfare. The fact is that just over 4 million are on welfare. Now it is true that almost 50 million are receiving food stamps, but this number includes all the dependents of those receiving aid. The other fact that is missed is that most of these people receiving food stamps are employed, but they despite being fully employed, they don't earn enough to feed their kids. This group includes a percentage of our military, which btw is a disgrace.

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

False.
There are an inordinate number of people who believe they are entitled to any number of things that they should not have to provide for themselves; the number of these people grows every day.

Luckily, the majority of Americans don't believe that they are entitled to live in a first level society. They understand that such a society does not just turn its back on its citizens and that is an expense of living in first level society. Only the takers believe that, the people who want the benefits of that society without paying for it. So no, we aren't doomed. People who want to live in a third world society are free to move to one.

Ayn Rand was a child. Her philosophy was that of a child and is believed in by children. I was very taken by her philosophy.... when I was 15.

They may only get a thousand a month. Bit they make up for it with drug sales.

And yet, by the end of her life Ayn was sucking on the government teet like everyone else.

They may only get a thousand a month. Bit they make up for it with drug sales.

You have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. But that doesn't stop you.

Forum List

Back