🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are you an ally of peace, civility and reason in politics, or are you an opponent?

You’re one of the biggest name callers on this board.

Just for fun once in a while, and it took me years to get to that point. If you sort through my first years here you'll see that I was never anything but cordial, and I always attempted to have respectful disagreements no matter how cruel the other posters were. I was an immovable object when it came to that because to me it was important. After years of dealing with hate-fueled people and realizing the extreme futility of my efforts I've learned to roll with and have some fun with it from time to time. I have no real hatred for those who disagree with me, and even if I get a little spicy sometimes I still make an attempt at constructive content. Also I have never stopped examining criticisms fairly because to me not being ignorant is more important than winning an internet debate. Lastly I couldn't eat that bag of dicks even if I wanted to because you gobbled them all up already.

Last edited:
When you talk about politics is your intent to burn bridges or build them? Are you weaponizing words or using them to provoke calm and good dialogue? Are you furious at the ones you disagree with or are you trying your best to understand them? Be honest with yourself. Most of you do nothing but provoke tension and vitriol. Most of you dehumanize the other side to the extent that you actually believe they are evil and not just people that see things differently. Most of you don't actually care about the truth of any given situation and automatically take a defensive position against the other side. If you actually cared about being right you would welcome criticism of your own beliefs and examine it honestly, changing your opinions when necessary, because obviously nobody it right about everything, right? You think in extremes in a grey reality. It doesn't work. The problem isn't left or right; the problem is left and right. If you're filled with anger and hate, if you lose it when your views are questioned, then you are the problem.
In the end, there is no reason in politics. there is only force....You end up in the smaller mob and you will be forced to do things to do things their way, at tthe point of a gun if necessary...There isn't a shred of civility in that.

Consensual agreement is the only thing that will work towards civility. Forcing ones will on another is the root of ALL conflict.
Blaming someone else for ones problems is a lack of introspect. Respect is earned. Trust is earned and is often abused. To abuse trust leads to disrespect. To abuse trust is an epitome of disrespect. Being disrespectful to another who has trusted leads to a lack of self respect. Without self respect respect cannot be shown to others.
No, respect is not earned. It should be automatic until it is not called for due to bad manners. That nasty bitch Tlieb is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

I think a lot of you seriously overestimate how much of a threat the other side is. You're terrified that good will crumble if they gain some power, but it won't. Most people on both sides are good. Most people in general are good. That's why good will win in the end. Stop being so afraid, so angry. It's not like you have any real power to fight anyway. Relax and enjoy the ride. This should be a place for intellectual discourse, not senseless shit throwing.

When you talk about politics is your intent to burn bridges or build them? Are you weaponizing words or using them to provoke calm and good dialogue? Are you furious at the ones you disagree with or are you trying your best to understand them? Be honest with yourself. Most of you do nothing but provoke tension and vitriol. Most of you dehumanize the other side to the extent that you actually believe they are evil and not just people that see things differently. Most of you don't actually care about the truth of any given situation and automatically take a defensive position against the other side. If you actually cared about being right you would welcome criticism of your own beliefs and examine it honestly, changing your opinions when necessary, because obviously nobody it right about everything, right? You think in extremes in a grey reality. It doesn't work. The problem isn't left or right; the problem is left and right. If you're filled with anger and hate, if you lose it when your views are questioned, then you are the problem.

I have found especially on this board that logic, substantiation of comments and courtesy is missing with those who's political ideology differs from mine.
It is difficult to discuss any topic with those people when most spout opinions with no substantiation links or quotes.
This most prevalent with people that have an opposite political ideology from mine.

As a consequence I know those people will never alter their subjective, extremely biased opinions even though facts and links prove otherwise.
Hence my contributions to this board is for those on the fence. Those that are dubious of any opinions not substantiated with links.
These are the people that I share my substantiated opinions with and hope to through logic and rational thought improve these people's positions.

I think a lot of you seriously overestimate how much of a threat the other side is. You're terrified that good will crumble if they gain some power, but it won't. Most people on both sides are good. Most people in general are good. That's why good will win in the end. Stop being so afraid.
If people are such - and I believe that the are to a great extent, then there's no good reason for a $4 trillion federal gubmint, its massive welfare state, its endless foreign wars, its brutish police state, its massive regulatory protection rackets, its tyrannical judicial oligarchy, and so forth.

Yet just try to just trim back that unwieldly leviathan at its margins, and watch yourself being accused of being the worst person in the world.

No, respect is not earned. It should be automatic until it is not called for due to bad manners
I don't necessarily disagree, but, respect is not exhibiting bad manners. When one exhibits bad manners all bets are off.
One earns self respect through showing respect, regardless of the situation- when that "trust" is disrespected all bets are off.
One has to defend ones self in a manner they choose- but, it must be remembered- begets begets and you can bet the one receiving the the manner chosen won't see their own actions as disrespectful- that's a character flaw that requires a basic rewiring of their inner being. Sometimes a swift ass kicking will do it, but, that's a temporary fix. It changes nothing, especially a mind- a basic rewiring usually comes from a traumatic experience- a disrespectful person is probably used to getting an ass kicking which only exacerbates/strengthens their belief; everyone but me is fucked up.
Good, like bad, works exponentially. Sadly, bad (being disrespectful in this case) is easy, good (being respectful in any situation) not so much.

These are the people that I share my substantiated opinions with and hope to through logic and rational thought improve these people's positions.

My main objective is to improve my own position. There are a lot of smart people here. I've learned a lot, especially from those that disagree with me. I think it's important to stress test my beliefs.

Your opening article was really right on. Sadly right now in this country that will not take place for a few more years. At least I hope we can get back to being a civilized country. When we come to a board like this it is to express our views but we don't want the other sides views in most cases. But when you break it all down and get off the internet and talk to real people face to face the vitriol is not near as bad. Matter of fact if you set down and talk to one of the opposite views you will find out that for the most part we want the same thing. Yes their are different ways to get to the same place but I believe that most in this country reject the absolute of both parties. We all want a good job that will support a family. I hope we can agree on that. We want a strong country but not an obnoxious country. We have differences many times as to which road will lead us where we want to be. Sadly our officials in Washington on both sides are not getting their job done. We all know we need much better care of our infrastructure as we are falling behind other countries in this regard. I don't think anyone wants that do they.

Try talking to "real people" about something controversial like LGBTQ or immigration, see how quickly the facade of civility crumbles.
A citizen's sex life is not the government's business.

Apparently it is.

LGBTQ+ Equality | Kamala Harris For The People
Securing LGBTQ+ Rights and Equality | Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders on LGBTQ Rights
Pete Buttigieg for President - Issues

Perhaps the FCC needs to be strengthened. It can begin by mandating that news stations promote news first. The constant slants and pushing of propaganda has divided us. TV programs on networks also are doing the same. Cable TV needs to be depowered a bit and customers must be allowed to choose their own stations.

If people are such - and I believe that the are to a great extent, then there's no good reason for a $4 trillion federal gubmint, its massive welfare state, its endless foreign wars, its brutish police state, its massive regulatory protection rackets, its tyrannical judicial oligarchy, and so forth.

Yet just try to just trim back that unwieldly leviathan at its margins, and watch yourself being accused of being the worst person in the world.

I agree, but I also believe that many with your opinion would shoot a very similar vitriol right back at the opposition.

No, respect is not earned. It should be automatic until it is not called for due to bad manners
I don't necessarily disagree, but, respect is not exhibiting bad manners. When one exhibits bad manners all bets are off.
One earns self respect through showing respect, regardless of the situation- when that "trust" is disrespected all bets are off.
One has to defend ones self in a manner they choose- but, it must be remembered- begets begets and you can bet the one receiving the the manner chosen won't see their own actions as disrespectful- that's a character flaw that requires a basic rewiring of their inner being. Sometimes a swift ass kicking will do it, but, that's a temporary fix. It changes nothing, especially a mind- a basic rewiring usually comes from a traumatic experience- a disrespectful person is probably used to getting an ass kicking which only exacerbates/strengthens their belief; everyone but me is fucked up.
Good, like bad, works exponentially. Sadly, bad (being disrespectful in this case) is easy, good (being respectful in any situation) not so much.
I mentioned Tlieb because she was disrespectful the minute she was elected. People like her, AOC, and that muslim trash from Minneapolis need to be kicked to the curb.

Perhaps the FCC needs to be strengthened. It can begin by mandating that news stations promote news first. The constant slants and pushing of propaganda has divided us. TV programs on networks also are doing the same. Cable TV needs to be depowered a bit and customers must be allowed to choose their own stations.
Agree, that's why I use ROKU. I only watch what I want. I don't watch any cable news. I get all my news on my computer.

Your opening article was really right on. Sadly right now in this country that will not take place for a few more years. At least I hope we can get back to being a civilized country. When we come to a board like this it is to express our views but we don't want the other sides views in most cases. But when you break it all down and get off the internet and talk to real people face to face the vitriol is not near as bad. Matter of fact if you set down and talk to one of the opposite views you will find out that for the most part we want the same thing. Yes their are different ways to get to the same place but I believe that most in this country reject the absolute of both parties. We all want a good job that will support a family. I hope we can agree on that. We want a strong country but not an obnoxious country. We have differences many times as to which road will lead us where we want to be. Sadly our officials in Washington on both sides are not getting their job done. We all know we need much better care of our infrastructure as we are falling behind other countries in this regard. I don't think anyone wants that do they.

Try talking to "real people" about something controversial like LGBTQ or immigration, see how quickly the facade of civility crumbles.
A citizen's sex life is not the government's business.

Apparently it is.

LGBTQ+ Equality | Kamala Harris For The People
Securing LGBTQ+ Rights and Equality | Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders on LGBTQ Rights
Pete Buttigieg for President - Issues
All big government Democrats.

I mentioned Tlieb because she was disrespectful the minute she was elected. People like her, AOC, and that muslim trash from Minneapolis need to be kicked to the curb.
I didn't mention any names. Period. I'm speaking of *in general*- there are exceptions to every rule. Every rule.

I didn't mention any names. Period. I'm speaking of *in general*- there are exceptions to every rule. Every rule.
I don't mind mentioning names. The problem is Democrats. The entire party is sick and anti American.

Forum List

Back