Are You in the "New American Center"?

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Take the test and find out where you really are:

American Center Politics Quiz - Political Beliefs Quiz - Esquire

"Where do you fall on today’s ideological spectrum? Answer a few short questions and find out whether you’re part of the New American Center.""

I took the Esquire survey and I found myself answering some questions quite conservatively in regards to wasteful gov't spending, taxes, etc. And even though I have never taken any federal or state assistance in any form ever in my entire life, I am definitely not in the new American center:

summary_bleedinghearts.jpg

I am not in the New American center and I really doubt that most people are.

Now more than any other time in history, the people are dividing into increasingly hostile camps. It isn't the time of the centrist. It's the time of choosing up sides.

I was listening to a news segment about this earlier and what struck me is that it confirmed what I've been saying for quite awhile,

that is, that the center is much more liberal than the rightwingers would have you believe,

and that liberalism in the center does not bode well for the Right, especially if the Right uses whatever power it has to continue to drag the Republican Party away from the center.

Now more than any other time in history, the people are dividing into increasingly hostile camps. It isn't the time of the centrist. It's the time of choosing up sides.

That's what is so interesting, apparently this survey is saying that 51% of Americans are moderates. We are the vocal minorities, therefore we are on this board.

And while I tend to be an antagonist on this board, I don't think choosing up sides is good for the long run or in real life. Everybody loses if we go that way. Everybody.

The New American Center: Why our nation isn't as divided as we think

“Just because Washington is polarized doesn’t mean America is,” says Robert Blizzard, a partner at Public Opinion Strategies, the lead pollster for Mitt Romney in 2012.
His firm co-created the survey with the Benenson Strategy Group, pollsters for President Obama, and the result is a nation in eight distinct segments: two on the far right ("The Righteous Right" and "The Talk Radio Heads"), two on the far left ("The Bleeding Hearts" and "The Gospel Left"), and four in the middle that represent nothing less than a new American center ("Minivan Moderates," "The MBA Middle," "The Pick-up Populists, and "The #WhateverMan.")

The New American Center: Why our nation isn't as divided as we think - NBC Politics

Last edited:
I was listening to a news segment about this earlier and what struck me is that it confirmed what I've been saying for quite awhile,

that is, that the center is much more liberal than the rightwingers would have you believe,

and that liberalism in the center does not bode well for the Right, especially if the Right uses whatever power it has to continue to drag the Republican Party away from the center.

Yup. And that confirmed what I've been saying all along: Follow the money. The flow of bucks coming into the far right evangelicals has been confirmed and corroborated by multiple sources and it ain't coming from George Soros since 2010, folks.

Jim DeMint, Congressional Republicans' Shadow Speaker - Businessweek

oh so you either have to be Far Left or Right?.....

why is it you eXtreme rw'ers get hysterical when a Democratic President wins a 2nd term :eusa_eh:

As to the OP I don't need no stinking poll, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Progressive.

Last edited:
So I'm a talk radio head?

I really don't listen very often at all. Here's a screen shot:

Attachments

• $test_capture.png
    $test_capture.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 73

Go to the survey and article above, it's 8 shades or so, with a center spread. Not black and white. (No racial puns intended, puh-leeeeze)

you rw'ers really get hysterical when a Democratic President wins a 2nd term :cool:

As to the OP I don't need no stinking poll, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Progressive.

That's my designation on the poll, too, which surprised me because the questions are not as simple as you might think. I'm not for unlimited spending, waste or giveaways, or making citizens dependent on the gov't, or punishing corporations, but I answered the FULL survey and I came back a bleeding heart. Fascinating!

You're not in the American Center? Gee, what a surprise

^^^sarcasm.

I got the same result you did & I took the extended survey. Some of my econ answers were moderate as well.

Take the test and find out where you really are:

American Center Politics Quiz - Political Beliefs Quiz - Esquire

"Where do you fall on today’s ideological spectrum? Answer a few short questions and find out whether you’re part of the New American Center.""

I took the Esquire survey and I found myself answering some questions quite conservatively in regards to wasteful gov't spending, taxes, etc. And even though I have never taken any federal or state assistance in any form ever in my entire life, I am definitely not in the new American center:

summary_bleedinghearts.jpg

Last edited:

Yup. And that confirmed what I've been saying all along: Follow the money. The flow of bucks coming into the far right evangelicals has been confirmed and corroborated by multiple sources and it ain't coming from George Soros since 2010, folks.

why would Soros give money to the Far Right?.....

I'm proud to be listed as "Radio Talk Head" and "Far Right" even though I haven't listened to much talk radio in years. After all, I'm a Constitutional Patriotic American!

This makes sense because Heritage Action Network has been busy lately.

Go to the survey and article above, it's 8 shades or so, with a center spread. Not black and white. (No racial puns intended, puh-leeeeze)

thats not answering Katz question....since she says screw the "centrist" and you should pick a side....that is telling me she is saying you should be either Left or Right....and i say screw that shit....the Far Right and Left is who is screwing this Country over with their think like us or fuck you attitudes....

smack dab in the middle

i was the color just to your left....Dean would call me a Blue Dog....a Conservative Democrat which is what i was 20 years ago....until people like him and LaKota started taking over the Party....then it was time to take my leave of them....

Not surprising, barely right of center. Here's the thing; being center doesn't always mean that you are in the middle on everything. For most, it means you lean right on some issues and left on others, while you may be in the true middle some of the time. What we run into a great deal on USMB is that conservatives are so far to the right, they believe anyone in the middle is a flaming left wing liberal and communist. It's the reason taking anything most of them say is almost impossible to do.

summary_pickuppopulist.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back