Are You Outraged by This Pepsi Commercial?

"I study advertising to a certain extent, because I think it gives us a clue as to our culture." - Rush

That's pretty damn funny coming from someone who's been reduced to accepting advertising from almost exclusively gold bugs and preppers.

It's not going to o make me like pepsi any more or less. I would change the channel just as fast as any other commercial.

"I study advertising to a certain extent, because I think it gives us a clue as to our culture." - Rush

That's pretty damn funny coming from someone who's been reduced to accepting advertising from almost exclusively gold bugs and preppers.
/---- I was an ad copywriter for 10 years and Rush's opinion is just as valid as yours. Who chooses to advertise on his show has nothing to do with the Pepsi spot.

I am not outraged, but disappointed. Every second and every frame of a commercial like this is examined. There are things about this video that are offensive and the producers knew what they were doing.

Which frames were offensive to you.

The only thing that offended me was the vapidity.
It did not offend me. I said there were things that are offensive, meaning offensive to some, but not necessarily others. It is anti-trump and pro trump protester. The lead, the model, tosses away the elite status and joins the diverse people marching and protesting. Eventually, an understanding is made with the authority figure, the cop who accepts the Pepsi. The message, protesting is good. Protesting is a positive for the new generation.
/---- The model was Model and Kardashian clan member Kendall Jenner
kard.jpg

I am not outraged, but disappointed. Every second and every frame of a commercial like this is examined. There are things about this video that are offensive and the producers knew what they were doing.

Which frames were offensive to you.

The only thing that offended me was the vapidity.
It did not offend me. I said there were things that are offensive, meaning offensive to some, but not necessarily others. It is anti-trump and pro trump protester. The lead, the model, tosses away the elite status and joins the diverse people marching and protesting. Eventually, an understanding is made with the authority figure, the cop who accepts the Pepsi. The message, protesting is good. Protesting is a positive for the new generation.
/---- The model was Model and Kardashian clan member Kendall Jenner View attachment 120445

So?

It's not going to o make me like pepsi any more or less. I would change the channel just as fast as any other commercial.
Pepsi has always tasted odd and metallic to me ever since my first taste of it back in 1960.

I don't really like it and I guess I never will.

Classic Coke has always been my favorite of the two ever since that same day back in 1960 when I first tasted both.

Cherry Coke in 1967 was even better. And RC Cola was best of all.

Ad's don't make me buy stuff.

The just remind me that I like the stuff or not.

Really really really stupid commercial.

If it offended the Left, it's perfect. Everything offends these marble heads.
So, Top Hossfly , you must feel an underlying resentment for all the Hillary and Bernie supporters then.

If they are protesting they are either Hillary or Bernie supporters.

Maybe Pepsi thinks that's their market?

Or maybe they are trying to penetrate that market?

That's how marketing works.

Were the people in the streets suppose to be protestors? They were not acting like protestors. There didn't seem to be any need for the police to even be present with such a peaceful group of people. (Although protests sometimes start out peaceful to later get out of hand).

All that work by Camp to analyze the ad and I even agree, but then I am forced to put him/her onto my ignore list because he/she is too lame to choose an avatar !!

Pity !!
What makes you think I did not pick the avatar I use as the best to represent me?

If it offended the Left, it's perfect. Everything offends these marble heads.
So, Top Hossfly , you must feel an underlying resentment for all the Hillary and Bernie supporters then.

If they are protesting they are either Hillary or Bernie supporters.

Maybe Pepsi thinks that's their market?

Or maybe they are trying to penetrate that market?

That's how marketing works.

I know marketing. Used to sell pistols to Liberals.

Were the people in the streets suppose to be protestors? They were not acting like protestors. There didn't seem to be any need for the police to even be present with such a peaceful group of people. (Although protests sometimes start out peaceful to later get out of hand).
Good point. These people weren't rioting, smashing things, setting cars on fire, waving mass-produced signs, chanting like mindless robots etc. They were even being nice to each other, the police, etc.

In other words, they were conservatives. SO different from the liberal protesters we've been seeing for the last year or so.

Forum List

Back