Trump: People are Pitching Tents in Airports

I think part of the problem with Trump's rambling is that it's never really even specific, or coherent, enough to be considered factual or otherwise. Usually he's just riffing on something he heard someone else say on a talk show or something. It's like listening to a blowhard ranting at the town diner. Half of it's bullshit, but no one really cares. They either agree with the general sentiment, or don't. The facts are irrelevant.

I have a few questions here. One, how are people getting tents through TSA and more so, why would they have tents with them? Is this a common carry-on item? Second, aside from wintertime where I have heard of people getting stranded in the airport for a day or two due to bad weather, what other incidents is he talking about? Where is this happening "all the time?" Third, who are these people he's referencing who called him up and told him they're still at the airport after two days?

Not to say that air travel can't be improved. It definitely can, but this just sounds like more of Trump's on the fly babbling and I doubt this man has taken many commercial flights in his lifetime, if any.

Have you really not seen the photos?

I have a few questions here. One, how are people getting tents through TSA and more so, why would they have tents with them? Is this a common carry-on item? Second, aside from wintertime where I have heard of people getting stranded in the airport for a day or two due to bad weather, what other incidents is he talking about? Where is this happening "all the time?" Third, who are these people he's referencing who called him up and told him they're still at the airport after two days?

Not to say that air travel can't be improved. It definitely can, but this just sounds like more of Trump's on the fly babbling and I doubt this man has taken many commercial flights in his lifetime, if any.

The op created this thread as another anti-trump thread, seen above in the post that started it.
It is NOT about "unhoused people".

Correct, what does that have to do with Trump's words?
I think you are carrying this to absurdity

Yes trump said “pitching tents” which is not technically true

But someone, I dont remember who, pointed out that was just a figure of speech not meant to be taken literally

You may disagree, but it is at least arguable

Forum List

Back