Are you planning to watch the SOTU speech as it happens?

Are you planning to listen to the speech as it happens?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.

Obama is in the home-stretch. He has no choice but to pull out all the stops. Class Warfare is his Ace In The Hole and the only hope of rallying the 47% behind the Liberal cause. And with it, he intends to pull every last voting Democrat to the booths in 2016 to stop the inhumane treatment of anyone who has less than someone else.

NO ONE in this great country of ours should have less than anyone else for any reason. And to that end we shall all have 3,045 chickens in our pot and 530 cars in our garage.

Elections matter. The Ds have ignored this fact for the last three elections in order to build an ever stronger red wall at the state level. I have high confidence Obama will make this D problem worse with his speech.

A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.
whats he gonna say? at least 75% of the viewers are just going to laugh and yell back either,,,YOU LIE! or "Yah Right!"

No. I am sick of looking at him and the sound of his voice turns my stomach. He's a liar who has never told the truth in his life.

whats he gonna say? at least 75% of the viewers are just going to laugh and yell back either,,,YOU LIE! or "Yah Right!"
...and 100% of them will be correct. The other 25% will be cheering so loudly they won't hear what he says.

I choose to read the text of such speeches.
I read them later also. You miss the body language, not only of the speaker but the various elite political cronies in the audience that get closeups during the saga...like Biden nodding off to sleep.

Years ago, I recorded every SOTU for about 15 years straight. When computers, MP3 files and laser printers entered, I printed each and read every word.

As a rule nowadays, when the speech is over, I change to the weather channel to avoid all the pundits trying to tell me what they think I should think he said or meant by what he actually said or didn't say and how many times he straightened his tie or took a sip of water or stared at something other than the teleprompters.

This POTUS is a SCROTUS.

Obama is the ball sack .

The N!gger nut of America.

Turn coat Ameritus.

The Semi-Negro does us.

Shave Obama's head. Shave the semi-Negro.

Now why'd you have to add that shit?

Forum List

Back