Are you planning to watch the SOTU speech as it happens?

Are you planning to listen to the speech as it happens?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much you want to bet that everyone answering "no" will magically know what the President said :10 after the speech is over. They'll be spoonfed sound bites and the commentary and voila....they'll be experts.

These folks should forego posting in the politics section....basically the only political speech sanctioned by the Constitution is being given and they can't muster the interest to watch. This is all the evidence you need to know if these really are concerned citizens.

There are reasons you can't watch; previous commitments, unexpected overtime or simple desire to do something else. Thats fine...but don't come here the day after as if you've watched it please.
No he will say things like, the economy is booming better than it ever has. Because of his policies, even though he whined about republicans stopping him at every point. Terrorism is decimated, then a terrorist attack will make him lie about a video. He will probably say race relations are the best in history, even though they are worse because of him. He will say spending is down, even though he has spent more than all presidents combined. So no, I won't listen to his bullshit.

Fine...will you comment on what you didn't hear?
Like I said it will all be a lie, no need to watch but I'm sure the likes of you will be bragging about his lies.

A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.
Why would we be worried about our vote being made public?

I don't plan on watching it. I could care less what he has to say because whatever he says will be a pack of lies anyway. I'm sure all of the sycophantic liberals will crow about how great the speech was an how it cured cancer, so why bother.

How much you want to bet that everyone answering "no" will magically know what the President said :10 after the speech is over. They'll be spoonfed sound bites and the commentary and voila....they'll be experts.

These folks should forego posting in the politics section....basically the only political speech sanctioned by the Constitution is being given and they can't muster the interest to watch. This is all the evidence you need to know if these really are concerned citizens.

There are reasons you can't watch; previous commitments, unexpected overtime or simple desire to do something else. Thats fine...but don't come here the day after as if you've watched it please.
No he will say things like, the economy is booming better than it ever has. Because of his policies, even though he whined about republicans stopping him at every point. Terrorism is decimated, then a terrorist attack will make him lie about a video. He will probably say race relations are the best in history, even though they are worse because of him. He will say spending is down, even though he has spent more than all presidents combined. So no, I won't listen to his bullshit.

Like I said it will all be a lie, no need to watch but I'm sure the likes of you will be bragging about his lies.

Yes, I get that you're not going to watch it.

Are you going to comment after it is over on what you didn't hear?

Reminds me of the Fat Albert shows that used to come on during Saturday Morning. "You might just learn something if you pay attention." Currently the conservatives think that their President will say he cured cancer, that race relations are better than ever, the economy is doing better than ever, and terrorism is gone.

Reminds me of the Fat Albert shows that used to come on during Saturday Morning. "You might just learn something if you pay attention." Currently the conservatives think that their President will say he cured cancer, that race relations are better than ever, the economy is doing better than ever, and terrorism is gone.
Just going on what he has said in past speeches. Remember the you lie outburst? That was proven to be true, Obama was even awarded the lie of the year reward. I know your proud of him though.

I'm commenting on it know. The speech is total bullshit. Just like all the other ones.

Just going on what he has said in past speeches. Remember the you lie outburst? That was proven to be true, Obama was even awarded the lie of the year reward. I know your proud of him though.

Can you quote him saying anything close to what you say he said?

I'm commenting on it know. The speech is total bullshit. Just like all the other ones.

Nothing like an uninformed opinion to add to the intellectual prowess of the board. Ignore <plink>!

A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.
Only because I want comic relief from the liar in chief.

Nothing like an uninformed opinion to add to the intellectual prowess of the board. Ignore <plink>!
Good, don't let the door hit you on the ass. Obama is a liar. The fact that you stick up for him proves your a fool.

Can you quote him saying anything close to what you say he said?
He got lie of the year, dumbass.

I will start to watch as I usually do then after 15 mins 20 tops I'm gone....
That's as much as I can take from this guy.After 15 mins I'm usually pissed and need to find something
worthwhile to do....

His speeches are all Democrat good,Republican bad.Blah,blah,blah....

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I will start to watch as I usually do then after 15 mins 20 tops I'm gone....
That's as much as I can take from this guy.After 15 mins I'm usually pissed and need to find something
worthwhile to do....

His speeches are all Democrat good,Republican bad.Blah,blah,blah....
Lack of self control is a curse, huh?

I don't plan on watching it. I could care less what he has to say because whatever he says will be a pack of lies anyway. I'm sure all of the sycophantic liberals will crow about how great the speech was an how it cured cancer, so why bother.
I'm not worried about it at all...just offering an out for those who might want to vote in the poll without making a comment and without exposing their intended complacency regarding what the most powerful enemy of the United States has to say tomorrow evening.

...and if you don't watch the speech, you can't judge it's greatness or lack thereof. You won't be able to sense the arrogance with which he delivers his plan or the contempt in his voice when he talks about any opposition to his plan.

I'm not worried about it at all...just offering an out for those who might want to vote in the poll without making a comment and without exposing their intended complacency regarding what the most powerful enemy of the United States has to say tomorrow evening.

...and if you don't watch the speech, you can't judge it's greatness or lack thereof. You won't be able to sense the arrogance with which he delivers his plan or the contempt in his voice when he talks about any opposition to his plan.
Judge it's greatness????

Get the fuck outta here???
If Obama meant anything that he reads off of his teleprompter it still wouldn't be great, because most of what he says is so anti-American I can't stand to watch it.

Regardless of who the president is, I never watch the SOTU. It's just a big pat me on the back speech.

The president speaks a half dozen words, his party in the audience interrupts with applause. Repeat.

Yup, nothing of value in a political speech.

Party affiliation irrelevant.

Announcement:

To those who voted "no".

An IRS agent will be calling at your home this evening.

Please make the agent welcome.

Understanding, of course, that it won't help.

Judge it's greatness????

If Obama meant anything that he reads off of his teleprompter it still wouldn't be great, because most of what he says is so anti-American I can't stand to watch it.
I said....judge it's greatness or lack thereof.

That does not imply any degree of greatness is expected by me.

To the Obamabots, it will be a great speech no matter what he says. They won't be listening, just cheering.

Judge it's greatness????

I said....judge it's greatness or lack thereof.

That does not imply any degree of greatness is expected by me.

To the Obamabots, it will be a great speech no matter what he says. They won't be listening, just cheering.
Using greatness in relation to Obama is an oxymoron.
The only reason he's there is because of his organization. They've done everything they can to get him there and keep him there. Hillary or anyone else who gets there has a choice either to continue what Obama is doing or catch hell from the media.

Forum List

Back