Are you planning to watch the SOTU speech as it happens?

Are you planning to listen to the speech as it happens?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.

It depends. My time doesn't operate like most people so, if I can I will.

What I will do is go over the text of the speech-line by line.

What a great thread! So many Americans who profess to be interested in politics......all proud to announce their desire to be ignorant.

I may change my mind, now that you mention being ignorant. I could miss out on saving $2500 a year by getting Obamacare and not even know that if I liked my Doctor I can keep my Doctor.

A brief reason for your one-word answer will suffice. Your vote will not be made public.

I plan to listen to see how much of it is devoted to reporting on the state of the union and how much to progressive campaigning and admonition of the Republicans.

I will watch only under one condition, they have another blink count with Nancy Pelosi.

We all know what they will continue to push for, more spending, higher taxes, gay sex, illegal immigration, and wars abroad.

Why torture yourselves by listening to it. Just know that you are powerless and the media will be sure and glorify those that oppose you and praise those that maintain the status quo to ensure the lemmings continue to vote for these criminals.

No. I don't need another example of how this country is committing suicide.

obama-choker.jpg

No. I am not interested in listening to a liar.

No. Do not listen to someone who is a known liar about anything and everything. Do not listen to anyone who hates America and all she has stood for which gave him the opportunity to rise to the top and burn the Constitution in favor of another method of organizing.

Regardless of who the president is, I never watch the SOTU. It's just a big pat me on the back speech.

The president speaks a half dozen words, his party in the audience interrupts with applause. Repeat.

How much you want to bet that everyone answering "no" will magically know what the President said :10 after the speech is over. They'll be spoonfed sound bites and the commentary and voila....they'll be experts.

These folks should forego posting in the politics section....basically the only political speech sanctioned by the Constitution is being given and they can't muster the interest to watch. This is all the evidence you need to know if these really are concerned citizens.

There are reasons you can't watch; previous commitments, unexpected overtime or simple desire to do something else. Thats fine...but don't come here the day after as if you've watched it please.

How much you want to bet that everyone answering "no" will magically know what the President said :10 after the speech is over. They'll be spoonfed sound bites and the commentary and voila....they'll be experts.

These folks should forego posting in the politics section....basically the only political speech sanctioned by the Constitution is being given and they can't muster the interest to watch. This is all the evidence you need to know if these really are concerned citizens.

There are reasons you can't watch; previous commitments, unexpected overtime or simple desire to do something else. Thats fine...but don't come here the day after as if you've watched it please.
No he will say things like, the economy is booming better than it ever has. Because of his policies, even though he whined about republicans stopping him at every point. Terrorism is decimated, then a terrorist attack will make him lie about a video. He will probably say race relations are the best in history, even though they are worse because of him. He will say spending is down, even though he has spent more than all presidents combined. So no, I won't listen to his bullshit.

No he will say things like, the economy is booming better than it ever has. Because of his policies, even though he whined about republicans stopping him at every point. Terrorism is decimated, then a terrorist attack will make him lie about a video. He will probably say race relations are the best in history, even though they are worse because of him. He will say spending is down, even though he has spent more than all presidents combined. So no, I won't listen to his bullshit.

Fine...will you comment on what you didn't hear?

Forum List

Back