Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Hoss, I have been getting PM's from Westboro Baptist Church. They have been looking for you. they say that you are behind on your tything....

Westboro Baptist Church is most likely a communist front group set up to disgrace Christians and our faith in Christ. They do not follow the Bible and cannot be used as an example of a Bible Believing Church and you know it, Vandal.

Jeremiah - do you believe that the Pope is God's man on earth; The Vicar Of Christ?

No, I believe Pope Francis is a son of the Devil. He is utterly deceived and actively deceiving others with his lies. None of which are based on Scripture, Synthaholic.

Jesus does not need a Vicar nor did He ever request one. What does that have to do with Christianity and this girl who was wrongly put in jail (by a devout Roman Catholic Judge who thinks his authority is greater than God's!) ?
Ahh, then you are a false Christian if you do not believe in and follow the Roman Catholic Church.

See how that works?

No, I don't. True Christians are to defend the faith, expose false teachings / false teachers and defend the faith. See the Book of Jude. That is what I am doing. I have a great love in my heart for the Catholic people and pray for their deliverance. There are many wonderful Catholic people - Black Rook would certainly fall into that category.

Hoss, I have been getting PM's from Westboro Baptist Church. They have been looking for you. they say that you are behind on your tything....
BTW, I'm not a Christian, FYI. I believe in God's laws and the laws of nature.
wp10_wpc9f8ed8a1-gif.45118

Synthaholic - read this!

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

King James Version (KJV)

Jude 1:1-25

Funny thing that breaking the law is considered "defending your faith". I heard Huckmadinajad say that the left supports laws they like...then proceeded to defend this lady breaking the law. Ironic as hell

When she was chosen for her job the Supreme Court had not ruled that same sex marriage was legal. When she was arrested the laws on the books for Kentucky were marriage is between a man and a woman. Therein she broke no law - but even if Kentucky had changed their laws on marriage, Kim Davis, had a right to refuse on the grounds of her Christian faith.

No one has the right to break the law.

That's right. Including the Supreme Court and Federal Judges. Goodnight!

Deuteronomy 27 King James Version (KJV)
1 And Moses with the elders of Israel commanded the people, saying, Keep all the commandments which I command you this day.

2 And it shall be on the day when ye shall pass over Jordan unto the land which theLord thy God giveth thee, that thou shalt set thee up great stones, and plaister them with plaister:

3 And thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law, when thou art passed over, that thou mayest go in unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, a land that floweth with milk and honey; as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee.

4 Therefore it shall be when ye be gone over Jordan, that ye shall set up these stones, which I command you this day, in mount Ebal, and thou shalt plaister them with plaister.

5 And there shalt thou build an altar unto the Lord thy God, an altar of stones: thou shalt not lift up any iron tool upon them.

6 Thou shalt build the altar of the Lord thy God of whole stones: and thou shalt offer burnt offerings thereon unto the Lord thy God:

7 And thou shalt offer peace offerings, and shalt eat there, and rejoice before the Lordthy God.

8 And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly.

9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God.

10 Thou shalt therefore obey the voice of the Lord thy God, and do his commandments and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

11 And Moses charged the people the same day, saying,

12 These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin:

13 And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.

14 And the Levites shall speak, and say unto all the men of Israel with a loud voice,

15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.

16 Cursed be he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.

17 Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.

18 Cursed be he that maketh the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.

19 Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.

20 Cursed be he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.

21 Cursed be he that lieth with any manner of beast. And all the people shall say, Amen.

22 Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.

23 Cursed be he that lieth with his mother in law. And all the people shall say, Amen.

24 Cursed be he that smiteth his neighbour secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen.

25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.

26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

King James Version (KJV)
Hey! I had a lobster roll for dinner tonight. I broke God's law. I am wearing a cotton poly blend t shirt. I'm breaking God's law. If you looked out back in the garden you will see tomatoes and peppers growing side by side. I'm breaking God's law.

How about you?

Blasphemous heathen.:biggrin:

Pray for him. If he chokes on his lobster roll or dies in his sleep tonight he'll be in hell. How awful is that?
You're as Christian as that other hypocrite sitting in a Kentucky jail.

Westboro Baptist Church is most likely a communist front group set up to disgrace Christians and our faith in Christ. They do not follow the Bible and cannot be used as an example of a Bible Believing Church and you know it, Vandal.
Nonsense.

There's no need for a 'communist front group,' many Christians do a good job of disgracing Christianity all by themselves.

I want to know how she is standing up for her christian faith. Does it say anywhere in the bible not to serve homosexuals? Christians getting all bent out of shape from a couple of passages in the old testament yet they remain silent on the whole working on Sunday which is even a commandment. Sounds like they are just a bunch of homophobics and their using their religion as a crutch.
We are to abstain from all appearances of evil. It is written in Scripture.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:22
Do you have a list from the bible as to exactly what is evil and what is not. This ought to be good.

I want to know how she is standing up for her christian faith. Does it say anywhere in the bible not to serve homosexuals? Christians getting all bent out of shape from a couple of passages in the old testament yet they remain silent on the whole working on Sunday which is even a commandment. Sounds like they are just a bunch of homophobics and their using their religion as a crutch.
Projecting and guessing won't work.
So your answer is no, there is nowhere in the bible that says you should refrain from serving homosexuals. No projecting here. You people are always confirming my assertions.

Hey! I had a lobster roll for dinner tonight. I broke God's law. I am wearing a cotton poly blend t shirt. I'm breaking God's law. If you looked out back in the garden you will see tomatoes and peppers growing side by side. I'm breaking God's law.

How about you?
Christians stay away from this. It exposes their hypocricy and bigotry.

Projecting and guessing won't work.
So your answer is no, there is nowhere in the bible that says you should refrain from serving homosexuals. No projecting here. You people are always confirming my assertions.
I wasn't addressing the homo part but the rest of your projecting.

you took that OUT on context....

NIV
Final Instructions

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

It was written by men, and consequently devoid of secular authority and merit.

NIV
Final Instructions

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
Even in context it's legally irrelevant.

NIV
Final Instructions

KJV says the same thing in verse 22 as NIV. Nit picky.

I'm not that concerned with Leviticus. Jesus didn't say a thing about governments allowing or disallowing gay marriage.

Kim Davis should have just quit instead of doing this protest thing.

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?

What does the faith in Jesus Christ with her performing her civic duties ?

Have you ever heard of paired saints?

The Origins and Role of Same-Sex Relations in Human Societies

If Kim Davis is in jail for ‘not doing her job,’ then she needs to be released immediately

Canada Free Press ^ | 09/07/15 | Dan Calabrese
Because that's not against the law. As Christians rise up against the jailing of Kim Davis, citing it as an example of persecution against someone engaging in the constitutionally protected free exercise of religion, a common retort from the secular left has been as follows: “She’s not in jail for exercising her religion. She’s in jail for not doing her job.” If that’s the case, she needs to be freed immediately. There is no statute in this country that makes it a criminal offense not to do your job, or to do your job poorly. If there was, Barack Obama...

You are incorrect.

Many jurisdictions criminalize malfeasance of those in elected office. The State of Kentucky imposes criminal penalties against those public office holders who refuse to perform a legal duty. You apparently don't know it, but Kim Davis is presently in the process of being charged with official misconduct and could face jail time if convicted.

“Meanwhile on Friday, the Rowan County Attorney’s Office said it referred an official misconduct charge against Davis to the Attorney General’s office. A release from the county attorney’s office says Kentucky Bar Association “Rules of the Supreme Court of Kentucky prohibit the Rowan County Attorney’s Office from prosecuting Davis” because they are involved in current litigation with Davis.

“The Morehead News notes KRS 522.020 and KRS 522.030 deal with official misconduct in the first and second degree, respectively. “A public servant is guilty of official misconduct in the first degree when, with intent to obtain or confer a benefit or to injure another person or to deprive another person of a benefit, knowingly commits an act relating to his office which constitutes an unauthorized exercise of his official functions or refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law or clearly inherent in the nature of his office or violates any statute or lawfully adopted rule or regulation relating to his office,” according to KRS 522.020.

“Official misconduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable with imprisonment not to exceed 12 months and fines of $500. Official misconduct in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor and carries a potential punishment of up to 90 days imprisonment and fines of $250. The charge must be tried in court before a designation of first or second degree is placed upon it."

Read more at ‘Official misconduct charge’ referred against marriage clerk

Man and beast?
A beast cannot give informed consent.

NEXT!
I'm sure they will figure out something, Synthaholic. Our world is getting just that immorally insane!
No, a beast cannot give consent to a relationship, sexual or otherwise. A beast is property. And there are laws against bestiality.

There used to be laws against sodomy too.
There used to be laws against sodomy too.

And there were also laws against interracial marriages and mixing of races in schools and stores in the south, is that what you want?

Forum List

Back