Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
I want to know how she is standing up for her christian faith. Does it say anywhere in the bible not to serve homosexuals? Christians getting all bent out of shape from a couple of passages in the old testament yet they remain silent on the whole working on Sunday which is even a commandment. Sounds like they are just a bunch of homophobics and their using their religion as a crutch.
We are to abstain from all appearances of evil. It is written in Scripture.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:22
you took that OUT on context....

NIV
Final Instructions

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
KJV says the same thing in verse 22 as NIV. Nit picky.
Kjv or Niv, I'm not knit picking the Bible edition of the verse. But what this verse is about in context, which is about testing prophesy, hold on to the good, reject the evil.....

She, Jerry used this verse to give reason of why not to wait on or serve, a homosexual....

And this verse does Not say or imply that at all.....in context. I was just pointing that out to her....

You failed to point out anything, because the NIV is not the Bible. It's a corrupted translation whose main translators were homosexuals. If you desire to discuss Bible Scripture with me use the Authorized King James Version Bible, Care4all. Or forget it.
King James was a homo.

Furthermore, dblack, there is the matter of why this is happening. You see, if our founding fathers were here today they would be utterly astonished and horrified at how the laws of this land have been perverted, they would be grieved to the core of their being to learn that same sex marriage was being celebrated as "normal", that there had been over 50 million babies murdered in America and yet the majority of Americans only showed outrage over the loss of life when it was a lion in Africa named Cecil.
Does your conscience ever bother you about US Foreign Policy and its mega killings? Its done in your name Holy Joe.....no Holy Joe when Christian war monger 43 was starting the war of Choice in Iraq Million and Millions protested...
[Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered In US War And Occupation Of Iraq "1,455,590"] it triggered the largest anti war protests in the history of mankind...were you part of those protests Holy Joe if No why not..........I was
The Voice of Millions - What was the largest protest in history?
When it comes to protests, the book of Guinness World Records currently lists the Feb. 15, 2003, Iraq War protest in Rome as the largest antiwar rally in history. The event drew an estimated crowd of 3 million. On that same day, protesters gathered in nearly 600 cities in a coordinated global effort to express moral outrage against the U.S. invasion of Iraq. This included a reported 1.3 million protesters in Barcelona,Spain, and between 750,000 and 2 million protesters in London [sources:Guinness Book of World Records,BBC]. All told, between 6 and 10 million people participated in the global protest [source:BBC].

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?

Not in her role as a government official, no. Especially not when doing so directly conflicts with laws she's sworn to uphold.

She is a Christian first and she is putting God's Word first. As she should. She is under no obligation to participate in the issuance of a same sex marriage license which is against the laws of God, against her faith in God and interferes with her liberty to be a Christian in all good conscience.

As county clerk she is. That's what it means to serve as a government official.

Think this through as a general principal. Would you support a Muslim clerk who refused to grant marriage licenses to Christians?

Our founding fathers would disagree. Had this happened in their day all of Congress would have stood up and said put me in jail too. I will have no part of such perverse laws and wickedness.

Let look and see what they said

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

“Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion and Government in the Constitution of the United States, the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies, may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history.”
~Founding Father James Madison; Monopolies, Perpetuities, Corporations, Ecclesiastical
Endowments

“No religious doctrine shall be established by law.”
~Founding Father Elbridge Gerry, Annals of Congress 1:729-731

Last edited:
Why would my conscience bother me concerning what a godless leadership has done in America's name? What has been done has not been done in the name of Jesus Christ or my Christian faith, I am praying against it and asking the LORD to bring forth his judgment. It's the fruit of the evil that has infiltrated the highest echelons of military, State Department, Congress, Senate, Pentagon, White House. Because they denied the Word of God and rejected God's counsel. That is why America is under a curse, Tryone. See Deuteronomy 27,28, 29 and you'll see that there was a time when the people of America were blessed. What was that time? It was when Americans sought the LORD and obeyed the commandments of God. When Americans departed from the Word of the LORD (many of them) they departed from electing godly leaders because they had no discernment. Then evil came to power and you see the results. This is the fruit of evil. Not righteousness. Do not confuse the two.

OK so you have a deity that is unmoved by the dead Syrian toddler on a beach but this deity gets pushed out of shape and has a cow because Gays are getting married ? what kind of crackpot God is this for Christ's sake..........

Kim Davis' religion says that she should be stoned for adultery.
My Religion says I should be stoned at 4 20......its 420 somewhere .......
Does it ever trouble you that your religion (being your own god) cannot save you and that when you leave this earth you will be in hell for all eternity because you rejected the offer of repentance and salvation through Jesus Christ? It should. Because hell has no exits. After you die, there is no hope of repentance. You will have lost the opportunity and regret it forever. Think about that today. Because today is all you have. Tomorrow is no guarantee, you know.

Why would my conscience bother me concerning what a godless leadership has done in America's name? o.

You seem pushed out of shape holy Joe by women exercising autonomy over their bodies ...the "godless leadership" is that the ones you pay taxes to?
So a woman seeking termination of pregnancy is your business but not the Government killing millions with contrived wars that you pay taxes to finance...that is none of your business...Holy Joe have you been drinking?

Does it ever trouble you that your religion (being your own god) cannot save you and that when you leave this earth you will be in hell for all eternity because you rejected the offer of repentance and salvation through Jesus Christ? It should. Because hell has no exits. After you die, there is no hope of repentance. You will have lost the opportunity and regret it forever. Think about that today. Because today is all you have. Tomorrow is no guarantee, you know.
I am not troubled I am phat...... I am doing quite well...I am not scared ...I am grateful to not have to spend eternity with Christians......No can do.......

That is another thing...the Christian God is described s "all merciful" yet he plans to torture his creatures for eternity in hell...what kind of Psycho does that ?

Be Here and Now

lao-tzu-quotes.png

Brah, you are in the heavy grip of a bad delusion. You need to snap out of it. God is not talking to you through a book. Get Help.

I think of God in two ways...one way is as "Tetragrammaton" which means the Four sounds of God...I use the shorter name "Tetra" and Its my preferred nomenclature as it evokes the interactive friendly nature of the deity...
The other way I think of God is as OSOTU...Operating System of the Universe....this is the running scripter of reality function..........arranges for serendipity coincidences, puns and Galactic events etc

That is another thing...the Christian God is described s "all merciful" yet he plans to torture his creatures for eternity in hell...what kind of Psycho does that ?

Be Here and Now

lao-tzu-quotes.png

By your admission you have chosen to go to hell. If you have chosen to go to hell because you prefer to be there rather than in the company of Christians why do you blame God? Can you not take responsibility for your own choices, Tyrone?

What you believe does not change reality one iota, Tyrone. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man can come to the Father except through the Son. If you deny Jesus Christ before men, he will deny you before the Father. The Truth is Sovereign. Truth does not change. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. God changes not.

God is not evolving, nor is he adapting to accommodate your addictions, lifestyle, hangups, opinions, belief systems. God is holding fast to His Word and your life is either going to line up with His Word or it isn't. What you do with God's Word will determine where you spend all eternity. As you were created in the image of God - See Genesis 1:26 - you are a trichotomy. Spirit, soul and body. Your spirit will never die. Neither will your soul. Your body will go in the ground and return to dust when your life is finished here. Then you will dwell eternally in one of two places - heaven or hell.

Angels are also called ministering spirits and as such they do not die either. Which is why the same angel that protected Joshua and his men while they slept is still doing warfare today. It is also why Lucifer - now called Satan - will one day be bound up in a chain by one angel and cast into the lake of fire. He isn't going to die. He will live eternally. Suffering in hell. He will continue to exist yet no longer will he be able to torment others as he himself will be in unspeakable torments. Same goes for you. You have to decide where you will spend eternity, Tyrone. It is a very serious matter. If you were considering a life sentence in prison for some crime you were charged with - would you not want a clear mind to examine all the facts and look at how to proceed in order to save your life? I believe you would. I believe you should approach the matter of your own soul the same way. It's a far longer sentence if you are found guilty. There is only one thing that can wash your sins away and pardon you from an eternity in hell. The Blood of Jesus Christ. You must come to Jesus Christ and receive Him as your Lord and Savior - be willing to repent of your sins and give yourself entirely to him and he will give you the rest and peace that you are seeking through artificial means. He will take that heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh that desires to serve him. That is what Jesus Christ desires to do for you, Tyrone. Yet he will not force his will on you. He leaves the choice with you. Will you choose life? or will you choose death? Choose life, Tyrone. Choose life!

Last edited:
In short, no. In long, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What you believe does not change reality one iota, Tyrone. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man can come to the Father except through the Son. If you deny Jesus Christ before men, he will deny you before the Father. The Truth is Sovereign. Truth does not change. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. God changes not.

God is not evolving, nor is he adapting to accommodate your addictions, lifestyle, hangups, opinions, belief systems. God is holding fast to His Word and your life is either going to line up with His Word or it isn't. What you do with God's Word will determine where you spend all eternity. As you were created in the image of God - See Genesis 1:26 - you are a trichotomy. Spirit, soul and body. Your spirit will never die. Neither will your soul. Your body will go in the ground and return to dust when your life is finished here. Then you will dwell eternally in one of two places - heaven or hell.

Angels are also called minister spirits and as such they do not die either. Which is why the same angel that protected Joshua and his men while they slept is still doing warfare today. It is also why Lucifer - now called Satan - will one day be bound up in a chain by one angel and cast into the lake of fire.
So if I lived on an island and never heard of Jesus, I'd go to hell?

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?

Not in her role as a government official, no. Especially not when doing so directly conflicts with laws she's sworn to uphold.

She is a Christian first and she is putting God's Word first. As she should. She is under no obligation to participate in the issuance of a same sex marriage license which is against the laws of God, against her faith in God and interferes with her liberty to be a Christian in all good conscience.
In good conscience, should the Christian clerks responsible for issuing her 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th marriage license, NOT ISSUED her the licenses all those times? Would that have been OK with Kim for them to do that to her, since she was breaking god's law and committing adultery and having her 2nd, third and fourth husbands commit adultery by marrying her?

See, I don't think it is any of the govt clerk's business on how many times she has committed adultery in God's Law...the sin is between her and God....

And if you say she was not 'saved' until recently...or did not become a Christian until recently so all those adulterous marriages don't count because she was not a Christian then....,

then why does it matter now, with other couples who may not be Christians...

Why did she get her chance to Fall from God, and commit adultery? Free will I suppose?

some times it takes sin before a person can wake up, and believe in God....

why not allow others the same opportunity she got dwelling in sin ...for God to wake them up?

If this were yesteryear, she would have been dead after the 2nd marriage, killed through stoning and would not have had the chance to deny couples marriage licenses... good that times have changed, eh?

She needs to resign, if she believes God has given her the duty to deny these licenses, in good conscience, this is what she should do...or allow others in the office to do their job.

Last edited:

Be Here and Now

lao-tzu-quotes.png

I used to wonder why the men who wrote the bible chose to create a god who is so mean and vengeful. Then I realized that men crated god in their image.

I am not troubled I am phat...... I am doing quite well...I am not scared ...I am grateful to not have to spend eternity with Christians......No can do.......

Heaven and hell, god and satan are human and fictional constructs but no way would I want to spend eternity with thumpers like Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, Sara Palin and now, Kim Davis. They are ugly, petty and mean spirited people who spread hate and intolerance while pretending to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Render to Caesar what is his, and render to God what is His.

It is written:

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1 John 2 - 1 - 26

King James Version (KJV)

Forum List

Back