Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

Oh, a little more checking on the Singapore thing, which is Androw's idea of a "civilized" country.

The two people they executed his year were executed for DRUG TRAFFICKING.

nope, not murder or rape, but drug trafficking.

Execution is execution. Their laws, their sentences. Don't like it, don't move there. Don't like our laws, move somewhere else. Simple enough.

Or change or laws.

Here's an idea. How about the next execution, we televise it. Live. And if the drug cocktail is fucked up again, we watch that for the full two hours.

That would put an end to that nonsense once and for all.

People who support the death penalty will not change their opinion after watching an execution.

How does a state botch something like this? Answer? Here it comes.... inept, incompetent. No surprise coming from down there.

Execution is execution. Their laws, their sentences. Don't like it, don't move there. Don't like our laws, move somewhere else. Simple enough.

Or change or laws.

Here's an idea. How about the next execution, we televise it. Live. And if the drug cocktail is fucked up again, we watch that for the full two hours.

People who support the death penalty will not change their opinion after watching an execution.

I think a lot of people would. I think it would definitely change if the execution was botched like the last few have been.

Or change or laws.

I think a lot of people would. I think it would definitely change if the execution was botched like the last few have been.

Certainly no one I've met. In fact a number of them thought it was great. "At least he suffered a small faction as much as his victims did" is what a number of them have said to me.

This was a murderer. He murdered people. He didn't care one bit about how much his victims suffered. Yet you think we should care when he suffers a bit?

My personal view is that I don't want to *intentionally* cause pain and suffering. I have no interest in bringing back Crucifixion, which the Romans created to be as painful as absolutely possible, while slowly killing them.

I have no interest in that. However, in the end, as long as they end up dead.... as long as they end up 6-feet under... I'm good with that. He suffered a little. Let's try and avoid that. But otherwise, an execution which results in a murderer being buried, that works for me.

[

Certainly no one I've met. In fact a number of them thought it was great. "At least he suffered a small faction as much as his victims did" is what a number of them have said to me.

This was a murderer. He murdered people. He didn't care one bit about how much his victims suffered. Yet you think we should care when he suffers a bit?

My personal view is that I don't want to *intentionally* cause pain and suffering. I have no interest in bringing back Crucifixion, which the Romans created to be as painful as absolutely possible, while slowly killing them.

I have no interest in that. However, in the end, as long as they end up dead.... as long as they end up 6-feet under... I'm good with that. He suffered a little. Let's try and avoid that. But otherwise, an execution which results in a murderer being buried, that works for me.

Guy, the kind of people who hang around you IRL would probably be pretty fucking scary to start with.

Capital Punishment is barbaric, which is why it is going out of style. Maybe you and your friends can find yourself some snuff films to watch, but the rest of us are going to put an end to this nonsense.

[

Guy, the kind of people who hang around you IRL would probably be pretty fucking scary to start with.

Capital Punishment is barbaric, which is why it is going out of style. Maybe you and your friends can find yourself some snuff films to watch, but the rest of us are going to put an end to this nonsense.

What a prejuidices, you don't have to be a scary person to support capital punishment. The people on death row are scary.

We are, eventually.
It's taking a while though...far too long...as many people support death chambers and the premeditated, cold-blooded killing of human beings in them..

What a prejuidices, you don't have to be a scary person to support capital punishment. The people on death row are scary.

Some of them are.

Some of them are just people who made a bad decision one day.

But the kind of bloodlust I've heard on this thread, that is kind of scary.

Says the guy who wants to give murderers more chances to murder.

There is more blood on your head, than mine... by far.

Some of them are.

Lock them up, they don't commit any more murders.

States without the DP have lower murder rates than states that do. Countries without the DP have a lower murder rate than we do

If guns, prisons and executions make us safer, why don't we feel safe?

Some of them are.

Lock them up, they don't commit any more murders.

States without the DP have lower murder rates than states that do. Countries without the DP have a lower murder rate than we do

If guns, prisons and executions make us safer, why don't we feel safe?

Executions and Prison is not even intended to make us feel safe.

It's called Justice. Life for Life. Further, the claim that state with the DP have a higher murder rate.... um... yeah...

Two problems. Merely having the Death Penalty, doesn't do anything. You have to actually use it.

Second, which is the cause, and which is the effect? Having a Death Penalty, suddenly makes criminals more murderous? Or maybe it's the fact they have so much murder, that they instituted a Death Penalty?

The most obvious counter example to me, is Singapore. One of the safest large cities in the world. Crime is the lowest in the world. With a population of over 5 Million people, they had approximately... EIGHT murders in 2007.

Name one US city with even a fraction of that population with a similar number of murders?

Of course the reason is very simple. They don't have people like you defending murders and rapists and drug dealers. When someone commits a major crime, they just flat out kill their butt.

As result... they don't have the crime we do, at all.

[

It's called Justice. Life for Life. Further, the claim that state with the DP have a higher murder rate.... um... yeah...

Two problems. Merely having the Death Penalty, doesn't do anything. You have to actually use it.

Okay, let's look at this statements. The two states using the DP the most are Texas and Florida.

2008murderratesinstates2.jpg

Ooops, they have much higher murder rates than states without the death penalty.

[
Second, which is the cause, and which is the effect? Having a Death Penalty, suddenly makes criminals more murderous? Or maybe it's the fact they have so much murder, that they instituted a Death Penalty?

The most obvious counter example to me, is Singapore. One of the safest large cities in the world. Crime is the lowest in the world. With a population of over 5 Million people, they had approximately... EIGHT murders in 2007.

Name one US city with even a fraction of that population with a similar number of murders?

Except Singapore is a police state with no freedom. Singapore also bans private gun ownership.

Also, prior to the execution of two drug smugglers, Singapore hasn't had an execution since 2007.

[
Of course the reason is very simple. They don't have people like you defending murders and rapists and drug dealers. When someone commits a major crime, they just flat out kill their butt.

no, they really don't. They also routinely torture suspects and there is little due process for the accused.

[

Okay, let's look at this statements. The two states using the DP the most are Texas and Florida.

2008murderratesinstates2.jpg

Ooops, they have much higher murder rates than states without the death penalty.

[

Except Singapore is a police state with no freedom. Singapore also bans private gun ownership.

Also, prior to the execution of two drug smugglers, Singapore hasn't had an execution since 2007.

[

no, they really don't. They also routinely torture suspects and there is little due process for the accused.

I already answered most of this, with you already, yet you just repeat yourself like a parrot.

So... since you have nothing new to add, and you can't contradict, or counter any of my points... I'm done. That's why I haven't respond until now. Until you actually have something new to add to the conversation, this is waste of time for both of us.

Forum List

Back