Arkansas becomes 35 state to pass "Stand Your Ground" protections for Americans...

Stand Your Ground” policy removes a duty to retreat before a would-be victim can use deadly force to defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

Translation: I was afraid of the black guy so I shot him

Actual translation: 2 men broke into my home and were heading toward my daughter's room. One was white. One was black. I shot them both before they got there...

The way Stand Your Ground works is

An unarmed black man is in front of your house. You are afraid of negroes.....you know how they are
So you shoot him, just to be sure

Stand your ground

Wrong...dumb ass...

Those who conclude the law is racially biased point to data compiled by the Tampa Bay Tribune, which collected 112 cases where people charged with murder relied on Florida's stand your ground law, from the first cases in 2006 to July 24 of this year. The Tribune's "shocking" claim: 72 percent of those who killed a black person faced no penalty compared to 59 percent of those who killed a white.

But this doesn't tell the whole story as blacks are overwhelmingly killed by other blacks. Thus, it is also true that blacks claiming self-defense under the stand your ground law are convicted at a lower rate than are whites.

About 69 percent of blacks raising the stand your Ground defense were not convicted compared to 62 percent of whites.
-----------

The Tampa Bay Tribune collected a lot of other useful information on the cases: whether the victim initiated the confrontation, whether the defendant was on his own property when the shooting occurred, whether a witness was present, whether there was physical evidence, whether the defendant pursued the victim, and the type of case (a drug deal gone bad, home invasion, etc.).

While the results are not statistically significant, the regressions suggest that any racial bias would go the other way — that killing a black rather than a white increases the defendant's odds of being convicted.

The estimates also show that white defendants are more likely to be convicted than black defendants.

Whether the person killed initiated the confrontation and whether there was an eyewitness were the most important factors in determining whether there was a conviction.

In Stand Your Ground states, these homicides are deemed justifiable five times more frequently than when the shooter is Black and the victim is white.16 Controlling for other factors—such as who initiated the confrontation and whether or not the victim was armed—Florida Stand Your Ground cases involving minority victims are half as likely to lead to conviction, compared to cases involving white victims

I doubt if any of these stats are that reliable as in these types of cases there are so many factors at play.

Irregardless.....of all the stats....or what anybody claims.....I think it is ridiculous to claim a person who is being threatened should have to flee....especially if he is in his own home.

I doubt that any of the above will be much help to those who are very confused about the stand your ground law......the media has messed up their minds to such an extent with all the garbage they have released concerning this stand your ground law....that the average person is just tooo befuddled by it.

Irregardless is not a word. The correct word is Regardless.

Good for them....

The ever popular "I killed him because I was scared" laws.

Yeah...no. The law that protects people who defend themselves from asshole prosecutors who hate gun owners......

Well....not necessacarily true
Wrong. It is absolutely true. Right or wrong, he deserves his say. Killing him takes that away.

Yeah, dipshit....when the guy who is dead was the one who attacked with the intent to rape, rob or murder.....he may be dead for a very good reason.......and it is a simple thing to run the guys background to see if he has a long history of violent crime......you moron.

If we already have Castle Doctrine and self defense laws......
Why do we need Stand Your Ground?

Because the Castle Doctrine only applies to your home.....most attacks happen outside the home. You know, violent rapes, robberies and murders.........

So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

True, because the law is written for and by white men.

A typical Negroid opens his pie hole and spews out shit.

Why don't you return to da mudda land....where you can live under black rule.....why doesnt that appeal to you.....oh my bad i forgot....you prefer living in a white nation. hehheh

Here is a thought why don't you move your racist white ass to Siberia, everything is lily white and there isn't any black or brown or asian folks there. You would love it.

1615372776353.png

• Love
Reactions: IM2
So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

If you really feel that way, why not move to Ghana? It's got a fairly high standard of living and very few white people.

No need to, black folks have EARNED the right to be in this country just as well as you have. How about we get rid of the racism, discrimination, etc. instead.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

If you really feel that way, why not move to Ghana? It's got a fairly high standard of living and very few white people.

No need to, black folks have EARNED the right to be in this country just as well as you have. How about we get rid of the racism, discrimination, etc. instead.

If you want to get of racism and discrimination, you would have to outlaw the democrat party..........

And get a fair trial, " by a jury of your peers"?

Probably not.
True. I'll get put in prison for standing mt ground. But it's funny to see all these racists sprint to the keyboard to talk crazy.

If you want to get of racism and discrimination, you would have to outlaw the democrat party..........

Wrong. We see in places like this that racism is a prerequisite for membership in the modern republican party.

No, not really. As with most things, it depends on the circumstances. If it is obvious that the individual was attempting to hold you up while you were working at a 7-11, they'll take a statement from you and get back to you with the results. As with anyone else, if you can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.
It's amazing how little you know about the system. Working at 7-11 means that you make too much money for a court appointed lawyer.

Sounds great. Where do we start? Affirmative Action? Hate Crime laws? School vouchers? Fair Housing laws? I'm for getting rid of all those things.

You mean the Republican party today, look at where all the racism comes from today.

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

‘Stand your ground’ laws encourage racially charged violence

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/opin...d-law-racial-violence-opinion-love/index.html
Go ahead and tell them what Markeis was doing to get shot.......

Markeis and his idiot welfare ho girlfriend had parked in a handicapped parking illegally as Markeis went inside the store. Drejka went up the girlfried and told her to move her vehicle and she responded as most ghetto hos would so there is no need for me to go into it. When Markeis came out he responded as most ghetto thugs would and attacked Drejka shoving him to the ground. Drejka pulled out his gun and shot markeis.

IM2--would you like to know how non ghetto people would have reacted in this situation to avoid being shot?
1) Don't illegally park---it pisses other people off especially the old who bitch about everything wrong.
2) When snagged doing something illegal or even wrong---apologize don't act like a ghetto ho and get into a fight.
3) when coming out of the store and your ghetto ho girlfriend has started a verbal argument with someone, you do not put your hands on this person. This is especially the case when you are dealing with older people as it is just plain bad manners. IM2 Your momma or your missing deadbeat sperm donor should have taught you this basic. Getting yelled at is not grounds to attack someone.
4) If you lay your hands on someone, you should expect to get shot.
5) The four reason above are why non-ghetto people of all colors don't often find themselves shot when others use guns to defend themselves from ghetto rats.
6) Ghetto rats are unliked and often find themselves in prison and/or dead---not because of their income but because they act like Ghetto rats.

Sounds great. Where do we start? Affirmative Action? Hate Crime laws? School vouchers? Fair Housing laws? I'm for getting rid of all those things.

How about we start with the white racist who make the laws. Sounds like grandpa has been telling you about the good ole days of the 40s and 50s again.

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

‘Stand your ground’ laws encourage racially charged violence

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/opin...d-law-racial-violence-opinion-love/index.html
Go ahead and tell them what Markeis was doing to get shot.......

Markeis and his idiot welfare ho girlfriend had parked in a handicapped parking illegally as Markeis went inside the store. Drejka went up the girlfried and told her to move her vehicle and she responded as most ghetto hos would so there is no need for me to go into it. When Markeis came out he responded as most ghetto thugs would and attacked Drejka shoving him to the ground. Drejka pulled out his gun and shot markeis.

IM2--would you like to know how non ghetto people would have reacted in this situation to avoid being shot?
1) Don't illegally park---it pisses other people off especially the old who bitch about everything wrong.
2) When snagged doing something illegal or even wrong---apologize don't act like a ghetto ho and get into a fight.
3) when coming out of the store and your ghetto ho girlfriend has started a verbal argument with someone, you do not put your hands on this person. This is especially the case when you are dealing with older people as it is just plain bad manners. IM2 Your momma or your missing deadbeat sperm donor should have taught you this basic. Getting yelled at is not grounds to attack someone.
4) If you lay your hands on someone, you should expect to get shot.
5) The four reason above are why non-ghetto people of all colors don't often find themselves shot when others use guns to defend themselves from ghetto rats.
6) Ghetto rats are unliked and often find themselves in prison and/or dead---not because of their income but because they act like Ghetto rats.

We hear from the racist hag who claims WHITE FOLK don't break the we law.

You mean the Republican party today, look at where all the racism comes from today.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, among hundreds of other black racists, are Republicans?

How about we start with the white racist who make the laws. Sounds like grandpa has been telling you about the good ole days of the 40s and 50s again.

Racists who make laws? You just voted for a guy that said poor people can be just as bright as white people; I don't want to send my kids to a racial jungle; they want to put y'all back in chains; you ain't black if you don't vote for me; he's articulate and "clean" speaking of Obama. What racist statements did Trump ever make about blacks? Oh, that's right, nothing.

So what laws do we have today written by racists?

Forum List

Back