Arkansas becomes 35 state to pass "Stand Your Ground" protections for Americans...

So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

‘Stand your ground’ laws encourage racially charged violence

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

He was not covered by Stand Your Ground laws. I believe he was later convicted.
He tried using that law as an excuse, just like Zimmerman. That law needs to be rescinded every it's legal.

Zimmerman was a different case. Not Stand Your Ground. He broke off the stalk, but what's-his-name then stalked Zimmerman. From that point, it became his.

People try to hide behind insanity pleas as well. Those laws should be rescinded.
Zimmerman was never stalked.

Yes....he was...by Martin.....did you watch the trial...at all?

I have discussed the Zimmerman trial countless times now over the years....and it is always amazing how so many do not know much of anything about that case....they listen to some fake news on t.v. and think they know all there is to know about the case....but they are ignorant of most of the basic facts regarding that case.

In a nutshell they adhere to the narrative brought forth by the liberal media who still claim trayvon was the victim.

Stand Your Ground” policy removes a duty to retreat before a would-be victim can use deadly force to defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

Translation: I was afraid of the black guy so I shot him

What are your thoughts about what our resident negro had to say about killing a white guy because he was afraid?

That is stupid
We all know Stand Your Ground Laws only apply to white people

Only in your lefty loon mind.

Loads of blacks here in Florida have used Stand your ground as they should.

Some will never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

So this means I can shoot a white man in Arkansas because he's a klan member and I feared for my life.
If you can PROOVE the you had a REASONABLE fear of imminent harm or death, yes. But from reading many of your posts, you don't have a REASONABLE thought in your head. A jury would lock you up forever for murder if you were foolish enough to make anything near the comments you make here on the stand.

True, because the law is written for and by white men.

A typical Negroid opens his pie hole and spews out shit.

Why don't you return to da mudda land....where you can live under black rule.....why doesnt that appeal to you.....oh my bad i forgot....you prefer living in a white nation. hehheh

I do not support SYG, but if the people of Arkansas want such a law on the books, that’s up to them...
Not even to mention 34 other states have appoved tha law.

Do you even know what the Stand your ground law is?

Good for them....

The ever popular "I killed him because I was scared" laws.
I had a gun, he didn’t
But I was scared, so I shot first
He is dead, so you only get to hear my side of the story

To the racist any challenge to racism is unreasonable. I think that in some of the cases where white men shot blacks claiming to be standing their ground they did not have a reasonab.e fear, but they figured idiots like you would sit on the jury and agree that a person is a threat just because they are brown skinned. No jury would lock me up for presenting evidence of racism in America, nor would a jury lock me up under stand your ground laws if I proved the white man was a white supremacist and I acted because I feared for my life. Unless itd a jury of white supremacists and given this is America that is highly possibe.

We know why stand your ground is being passed especially is states like Arkansas.

In 2005, Florida was the first state to enact a “stand your ground” law, which allows people to fatally shoot others in public without attempting to escape if they feel threatened, all without fear of criminal prosecution. States across the country have passed their own versions of this law, but Florida’s arguably goes the furthest to protect the shooter.

Under Florida’s “stand your ground” law, not only does an individual have “no duty to retreat” when faced with “imminent death or great bodily harm,” but a recent change to the law made it even easier for defendants to get off by shifting the burden of proof to the state. In other words, the state must prove that the shooter was not acting in self-defense.

It should be no surprise, then, that “stand your ground” cases in Florida have come under the spotlight. Just last month, for instance, Michael Drejka, a white man, fatally shot Markeis McGlockton, an unarmed black man, in front of the victim’s loved ones in a dispute over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater. Invoking the “stand your ground” law, the Pinellas County sheriff did not arrest Drejka – claiming his hands were tied – a decision that even some NRA lobbyists and Republican sponsors of the legislation refute.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/opin...d-law-racial-violence-opinion-love/index.html

You misstate the law....nuff said......since by doing that you reveal you are not qualified to discuss it....study up and get back with us.

Good for them....

I had a gun, he didn’t

You talk like you have never been to a trial....never even seen one on T.V.?????

Let me break it down for you.....hold on let me get mah color crayons.....o.k. boyo here da ticket........The law on self defense......which is very similar in most states ....essentially says.....to use justifiable deadly force in case of self defense......you must be in REASONABLE fear of your life. Who determines whether or not the force you used is reasonable....a jury of course.

Next.......were there any witnesses?

If there were no witnesses then you of course are in a favored position.

Unless the jury for whatever reason does not find you credible or they may just not like you or your appearance, or the way you talk or the way you look

It is no small or irrelevant thing to go before a jury even if you are absolutely innocent....your life is being put in the hands of a jury by the state.....it is the jurys job to decide your fate.....juries have been known to make mistakes...in fact it happens all too often.

If somebody breaks into my home I am not going to ask him about his race before I shoot him.

Of course chances are it will be Black or Brown.

If somebody doesn't want me to shoot them because they are Black or Hispanic then don't break into my home. Problem solved.

Well, unfortunately even though someone is breaking into your house that in and of itself is no reason to shoot someone......other factors come into play....did you shoot him in the back etc.

If the perp is an unarmed black teenager....you may have a real problem....depends on how good a lawyer you have, where yo live and how understanding or hostile the jurors may be.

Bottom line.....the only way you should ever shoot anyone is if you are in real fear of your life.....even then the jury will have have to decide whether or not your fear was reasonable.

How nice to give us back a right we've always had, that they infringed on by removing our right to stand and replacing it with, run.

It would be interesting to know how it became a requirement by law that someone under threat of deadly force must run away if possible.

Good for them....

I had a gun, he didn’t

You talk like you have never been to a trial....never even seen one on T.V.?????

Let me break it down for you.....hold on let me get mah color crayons.....o.k. boyo here da ticket........The law on self defense......which is very similar in most states ....essentially says.....to use justifiable deadly force in case of self defense......you must be in REASONABLE fear of your life. Who determines whether or not the force you used is reasonable....a jury of course.

Unless the jury for whatever reason does not find you credible or they may just not like you or your appearance, or the way you talk or the way you look

It is no small or irrelevant thing to go before a jury even if you are absolutely innocent....your life is being put in the hands of a jury by the state.....it is the jurys job to decide your fate.....juries have been known to make mistakes...in fact it happens all too often.
One more time for the slow of thinking: the dead guy can't talk, so he can't tell his side of the story. He never gets his day in court, and even if there were witnesses and the accused doesn't walk the dead guy is still dead. No justice for him.

If somebody breaks into my home I am not going to ask him about his race before I shoot him.

Of course chances are it will be Black or Brown.

If somebody doesn't want me to shoot them because they are Black or Hispanic then don't break into my home. Problem solved.

Well, unfortunately even though someone is breaking into your house that in and of itself is no reason to shoot someone......other factors come into play....did you shoot him in the back etc.

If the perp is an unarmed black teenager....you may have a real problem....depends on how good a lawyer you have, where yo live and how understanding or hostile the jurors may be.

Bottom line.....the only way you should ever shoot anyone is if you are in real fear of your life.....even then the jury will have have to decide whether or not your fear was reasonable.

The Castle Doctrine in Florida says that if the sonofabitch is in your house then you have the justification. The assumption is that he/she is there to do you harm.

However, you point is well taken. If you shoot somebody then you will probably go through hell no matter how justified it is.

He tried using that law as an excuse, just like Zimmerman. That law needs to be rescinded every it's legal.
Zimmerman never used stand your ground, he used simple self-defense as a defense and it worked.

True and there were witnesses.....and a courageous jury who did their job even though faced with death threats....the incompetent and prejudiced liberal judge even allowed demonstrators close enough to the court house that the jurors could hear them chant their threats but they still did their job.

Also the defense team was outstanding.....Z was very fortunate even though he was innocent.

Correct. 20 years.

Good for them....

I had a gun, he didn’t

One more time for the slow of thinking: the dead guy can't talk, so he can't tell his side of the story. He never gets his day in court, and even if there were witnesses and the accused doesn't walk the dead guy is still dead. No justice for him.

Well....not necessacarily true.....he may have deserved to die and thus justice was served.

Just because he did not talk does not prove anything in and of itself.

If there were witnesses.....their testimony would be a big factor.

The jury system is not perfect just better than any other system of justice.

Say you killed someone and had to go to trial....would you prefer a jury to determine your fact or just some judge appointed by the state.

However....bottom line....in this world there is very little justice....thus your analysis is not as far off as some would claim....imperfect world, imperfect justice.....but I still prefer a trial by jury system.

Stand Your Ground” policy removes a duty to retreat before a would-be victim can use deadly force to defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

You sure you read this?

"defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury"

:auiqs.jpg:

Correct. 20 years.

The drejka case was one of a miscarriage of justice.....hopefully the appeal will be successful.

You sure you read this?

"defend against the imminent threat of death or great bodily injury"

:auiqs.jpg:

He may have read it(doubtful)but even if he did...obviously he does not understand it.

Which may make some folks wonder what is wrong with this guy.....simply this....and there are lots of democrats like him....they let their bias,their liberal party line blind them not only to facts but to justice.

In their narrative the black guy is always innocent....kinda like in the old b movies the good guy always had a white hat......the truth is usually not that cut and dried....many factors and complexties in most homicide cases.....and one of the imost important things liberals need to understand is that just because someone is black does not mean they were innocent even if their great,great,great grand daddy was a slave.

Forum List

Back